test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vulcans need there own ships

I know that they are busy so I'm not asking for it but just wonder how many folks think the same way...
We all know Vulcans only have the cruiser at admiral lvl right ? wondered if more vulcans would agree that we want our own ships from lieutenant up to T6 ? Would be nice right ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."

Comments

• Options
    apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Making 6 (1 for each 10lvl) different Vulcan ships is probably not available on the agenda anytime soon.. if ever.
    Though I support a new Vulan T6 ship.

On another note, Vulcans logical thinking when building ships should get interesting design choice.
    21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I think the problem is that for the most part, the consensus is that Vulcans have some really ugly ships, which might cause people to not want to buy them. At least that's my thought on the situation.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I think the problem is that for the most part, the consensus is that Vulcans have some really ugly ships, which might cause people to not want to buy them. At least that's my thought on the situation.

I find the D'Kyr very beautiful, and if Cryptic was releasing a T6 one, there's a good chance that i'll buy it.

signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
  • Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User

I find the D'Kyr very beautiful, and if Cryptic was releasing a T6 one, there's a good chance that i'll buy it.

Maybe I just don't have enough knowledge of what ships the Vulcans have. I've only really seen and remembered a few of them (for some reason the ship Spock joined up with the Enterprise in the first movie stays in my mind), so my knowledge may be quite limited.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    polistheopolistheo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I want the Surak Class... nice looking ship
  • Options
    polistheo wrote: »
    I want the Surak Class... nice looking ship

Oooooh yes, with ferrari-red hull <3

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Maybe I just don't have enough knowledge of what ships the Vulcans have. I've only really seen and remembered a few of them (for some reason the ship Spock joined up with the Enterprise in the first movie stays in my mind), so my knowledge may be quite limited.

That wasn't really a Vulcan ship, it was a Federation long-range shuttle (Courier).
    It just happened to be named the "SURAK".
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User

That was a Federation long range shuttle.

Vulcans fly things that look more like this...

Vulcan_ship.jpg

or
    VUL_Transport_1.jpg
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    There be potential

Star+Trek+Infinite+Space+Vulcan+ship+1.jpg

Star+Trek+Infinite+Space+Vulcan+ship+2.jpg

There are also Perpetual Designs, and of course, a T6 D'Kyr.

And then, we all remember that ship seen in Enterprise? Something similar to this;

b943512d0a1f1507ccb8f9305a6c61fc.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    flash525 wrote: »
    There be potential

And then, we all remember that ship seen in Enterprise? Something similar to this;

b943512d0a1f1507ccb8f9305a6c61fc.jpg

I think that ship is a really nice one, and timeline correct too I believe.

It was displayed on Daniel's timeline database as a future ship. Note the modern Krenim and Klingon ships displayed with it.

latest?cb=20081007211350&path-prefix=en

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,828 Arc User
    Maybe some day a T6 ship will launch...but a full line of leveling ships? It wont happen...because why make a ship someone will use for so little of a time and charge less zen for it when you can make a T6 ship and charge 3000 zen?

You notice besides the Romulans they have only made one pre-T5 ship in years?
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    EDIT: Umm sorry, I replied to the wrong thread. It was completely off topic and I removed it.

Oops.
    Post edited by uryenserellont on
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,828 Arc User
    I think I've seen one maybe two Romulan boff recruit assignments in the last months...I don't recall on who though because I have both Fed and KDF aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    wondered if more vulcans would agree that we want our own ships from lieutenant up to T6 ? Would be nice right ?

I don't know, you're going to have to ask the Vulcans. Let me know when you've contacted them, I've been waiting for them for a while ;)

On a more serious note: I'd love seeing more Federation ships that don't follow the standard Starfleet design, Vulcan, Andorian, Caitian, and any others.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    Lol, "there" and "their"...But I agree, Vulcans need more ships.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    They were fighting the Andorians for a long time. They'd better have a few decent ships.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    moar ships for the pointy ear folks..........yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Another human today

JvGFzDq.png

This is the new normal and it's unacceptable. I'm romulan and I want romulan boffs. I mean wtf.

Are KDF romulans getting klingon assignments?
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I think I've seen one maybe two Romulan boff recruit assignments in the last months...I don't recall on who though because I have both Fed and KDF aligned Romulans.

Wrong thread guys.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    moar ships for the pointy ear folks..........yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!
    Yes, we totally need more Vorta ships. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    wRU46Uy.jpg
    W1U8jDZ.jpg
    RL6MPuH.jpg
    yoK4R3F.jpg
  • Options
    The first picture is just awesome : a perfect mix of starfleet and vulcan design.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    This thing, which is not a bloody Apollo Class despite what Memory Alpha says.

latest?cb=20100723214103&path-prefix=en​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Another human today

JvGFzDq.png

This is the new normal and it's unacceptable. I'm romulan and I want romulan boffs. I mean wtf.

Are KDF romulans getting klingon assignments?

Yes, yes they are. I know my KDF Romulan is anyway. But back to the point, Vulcan ships!​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    lianthelia wrote: »

Wrong thread guys.

Oops. No wonder I couldn't find my reply in that thread.

1bPefQH.gif
  • Options
    therealmaddmatttherealmaddmatt Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    T6 D'Kyr... I'd buy that for a dollar! (or 30).

And I've always wondered why they didn't plop a warpsled into STO, it'd make a cool runabout.
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    I know that they are busy so I'm not asking for it but just wonder how many folks think the same way...
    We all know Vulcans only have the cruiser at admiral lvl right ? wondered if more vulcans would agree that we want our own ships from lieutenant up to T6 ? Would be nice right ?
    It seems you don't understand the concept of United Federation of Planets. You might probably should learn you a little something about this thing we call Star Trek. There's plenty of information out there on this thing we call the interwebz.

• Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    dark4blood wrote: »

^First those awesome pictures are making me upset on how much wasted potential Star Trek has for making some truely unique looking ships. Back to the TC's statement, absolutely we need more Alien ships in the Federation. The current STO example reminds me of the U.S. where there are 100's of cultures but only one culture dominates the screen time. Yeah, this is NOT what we should be encouraging in a show about Alien diversity and exploration. Cryptic has poorly represented the show and the vision if all they can do is make HUMAN based ships playable in the Federation. This would make the Undiscovered Country statements by the Klingons more true instead of just hostile.

Bolded for emphasis.
    I'm sorry, but huh?
    Last time I checked, the shows themselves pretty much showcased the fact that Starfleet used primarily human-designed starships.
    If anything, Cryptic has expanded on what the shows gave us by giving us access to Federation member world ships (Vulcan, Andorian, and Caitian, for examples).
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yeah... we didn't see them at all except ENT, which predated the Federation.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    dark4blood wrote: »
    ^First those awesome pictures are making me upset on how much wasted potential Star Trek has for making some truely unique looking ships. Back to the TC's statement, absolutely we need more Alien ships in the Federation.

Do you mean only in the Federation? Because there's a ton of alien ships in this game, from lockboxes and the lobi store. They're not Federation aliens, no, but that's probably because they were just as underrepresented in the shows and movies as they are in the game.

And like soreceror01 said, it was human designs that were used. I'm sure Utopia Planitia had plenty of alien engineers and designers but the Federation's ships all shared a certain aesthetic which we can assume is human.