test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Too much ACC?

cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
I was tinkering with my ship yesterday and made some changes. When comparing stats I noticed my Bonus ACC went from 22+% to 15+%.

The biggest change to my ACC was removing Accuracy from my Traits. The big thinking to do so (besides slotting a "more useful" trait) was that because I use SWDs I already have good Acc on my weapons.

So, can you ever have too much ACC?

Comments

• Options
    r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Yes, though where the line is depends on what your shooting at, and what your shooting with.

Some notes:
    ACC overflow isn't as good as going directly for CritD, so after you never miss, your better off with CritD.
    ACC overflow, in some cases, is broken and does not work, so you get nothing from extra ACC.
    Some attacks are broken, and can not miss, so ACC doesn't matter .
    Some attacks are broken and don't count ACC at all, so ACC doesn't matter.

This does not mean investing in ACC is bad, it just means that it is hard to say if it will help you.​​
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    After seeing this, I might fill up all 9 in accuracy skill, but will otherwise ignore it. Guess what the new junk mod is now that [dmg] got its boost.
  • Options
    pcscipiopcscipio Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    kyrrok wrote: »
    After seeing this, I might fill up all 9 in accuracy skill, but will otherwise ignore it. Guess what the new junk mod is now that [dmg] got its boost.

[crth]
  • Options
    jerichoredoranjerichoredoran Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    r5e4w3q2 wrote: »
    Some notes:
    ACC overflow isn't as good as going directly for CritD, so after you never miss, your better off with CritD.
    ACC overflow, in some cases, is broken and does not work, so you get nothing from extra ACC.
    Some attacks are broken, and can not miss, so ACC doesn't matter .
    Some attacks are broken and don't count ACC at all, so ACC doesn't matter.​​

This list is good even the last 3 come in most cases together, namely FAW and CSV (at least on primary target).
    kyrrok wrote: »

Wouldnt do that anymore. The last 3 points give close to nothing for their price better off slotting the accurate trait and drop the skill to 6 then. Well of cause depending on what you're shorter skill points or trait slots...