test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - September 1, 2015

We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.55.20150814a.7.

New Feature:

Counterpoint:
  • Counterpoint is a brand new PvE Space 5-player cross faction queue.
  • Fight the Terran Empire as they invade our universe in an attempt to take Deep Space 9.
  • Counterpoint will have Normal, Advanced, and Elite difficulty options.
  • For Tribble only, this queue will not have a cooldown.
  • This queue is still in development and not in a final state.
    • Not all art and audio is present.
    • Rewards are not finalized.
  • For more details, please visit the Counterpoint blog at: arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9527023-star-trek-online%3A-counterpoint

Known Issues:
  • Numerous types of animation are not playing including:
    • Throwing grenades
    • Warp out sequences
    • Interacting with consoles on the ground
    • Rock ‘n Roll
    • Emotes

Comments

• Options
    hajmyishajmyis Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    Counterpoint is a brand new PvE Space 5-player cross faction queue.

a really fun mission. Although it was on normal, would be nice to see the AI buffed abit more so ds9 takes more damage, thus having a true healer all that more important..
    "Frankly, not sure why you're on a one man nerf campaign. "
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The Counterpoint blog doesn't actually give us more details, though. It's just Mirror Leeta gloating that her side won the war.

At any rate, I'll probably check this out a little later. I'm gonna be grinding it (and the like one or two other queues added with S11), so I might as well help test it.

• Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    The Counterpoint blog doesn't actually give us more details, though. It's just Mirror Leeta gloating that her side won the war.

At any rate, I'll probably check this out a little later. I'm gonna be grinding it (and the like one or two other queues added with S11), so I might as well help test it.

Right now it gives Iconian Marks... I'd wait to grind it until it gets the new marks.
  • Options
    ltcmdjamescoreltcmdjamescore Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Wonder if DS9 Under Siege will come back with new season...
    izNBNFT.jpg
  • Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User

is that a mission from the carddie line or is it an STF
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    I think it was an STF that was introduced with the "carddie line". They then pulled it. Chock up another vote for DS 9 Under Siege's return.
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    djmarr1964 wrote: »

Neither. It was a Fleet Action, like Starbase 24. Also like Starbase 24 back in the day, it had a ground and space phase. It dealt with a Cardassian invasion of DS9 a la Second Wave (but with Cardassians instead of Jem'Hadar). It was removed a LOOOOONG time ago. And by "a long time ago", I mean SEASON FIVE. December 2011. They said it may return one day. Nothing so far.

I'd love to see it make a comeback.
  • Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    thank you so that is why i have never heard of it is i only came to STO when Free to play happened :(
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    icegavel wrote: »
    djmarr1964 wrote: »

Neither. It was a Fleet Action, like Starbase 24. Also like Starbase 24 back in the day, it had a ground and space phase. It dealt with a Cardassian invasion of DS9 a la Second Wave (but with Cardassians instead of Jem'Hadar). It was removed a LOOOOONG time ago. And by "a long time ago", I mean SEASON FIVE. December 2011. They said it may return one day. Nothing so far.

I'd love to see it make a comeback.

There is supposed to be a ground queue.... I'm Gonna Call it "Point" until I hear a real name.

I have the Distinct feeling that it will be from the perspective of the Strike Teams we keep dropping on Terok Nor