bad TRIBBLE girls 2

torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Ten Forward
aliens v Star treks

which side would you be on?

bad TRIBBLE girls 2 12 votes

Ripley & vasquas
58%
rosetyler51smokeybacon90chrisedallen89marcusdkanerattler2torgaddon101captainchaos66 7 votes
Jadzia & Kiria & seven..
41%
stuart1965mustrumridcully0artan42derrico1starswordc 5 votes

Comments

• captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Ripley & vasquas
    While I don't think you can really compare the two teams because the universes they come from are so totally different from each other. IE} Ripleys universe has badass guns that shoot armor piercing bullets with built in grenade launchers, as well as motion trackers, and those fancy Pulse guns that a few of the marines have that actually attach directly to the armor they wear. On the other side you have the Star Trek universe that has phazers that can just vaporize and enemy in a nano-second,, you have starships that can bombard a planet from orbit without hesitation, you have transporters that can instantly get you in and out of any situation.
    From a strictly TRIBBLE kicking point of view? No guns or other weapons involved, just simply hand to hand combat: I would have to go with the Team Trek. Kira could definetly kick some TRIBBLE, Jadzia would be the brains of the bunch, but can definetly hold her own in a fight, and Seven... well... seven is the groups eye candy, as well as the one that points out the odds of success or failure just at the wrong possible time. In the words of my favorite character from a different universe " Never tell me the odds!"
    Anyway,, that's my take on your poll. Did I read to much into it?
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Ripley & vasquas
    I'm gonna have to go with Team Colonial Marine. The only one on the Star Trek side who could come close to matching Ripley and Vasquez is probably Kira if we consider weapons. Hand to hand Jadzia might get in too due to her Bat'leth skills. But Vasquez is a trained Marine who uses Smart Guns and Pulse Rifles, and Ripley, while not a Marine, fought a Xenomorph Queen in something that was never designed for combat and won.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Jadzia & Kiria & seven..
    Still FemShep.
    https://youtu.be/GmECZm1RsN8
    https://youtu.be/3pShKKOV_gA
    Though I based my portrayal of Kanril Eleya partly on a mix of her and Kira, so I'll go with them.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Jadzia & Kiria & seven..
    7 has magic nanoprobes and Warlord Janeway on speed-dial.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    7 has magic nanoprobes and Warlord Janeway on speed-dial.​​
    Agreed, and Jadzia was smart enough to be able to beat QUARK at Tongo.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Jadzia & Kiria & seven..
    Ripley vs Kira is already difficult. The rest of the team makes it... weird.

Ripley and Kira were both civilians that were thrust into an impossible situation. Ripley faced a murderous xenomorph, Kira faced an oppressive alien occupation force.

I think I eventually give the nod to Kira since she had to endure it from childhood up, and had probably to deal with a lot more conflicts and threats - and once the opression was over, she had to deal with challengse to her conviction - realizing that not every "Cardie" was a monster, realizing that not everyone is using the "we just want to help the Bajorans" as a guide for their own benefits, realizing that her gods weren't god but wormhole aliens and they chose a non-Bajoran as a leader, and she eventually actually had to teach her former enemies how to fight as resistance.

The rest of each team however seems to cheapen their badassitude.
    Sure, Vasquez was a bad-TRIBBLE, but she was also a space marine (or whatever) - she was trained to do what she did. She was good at it, but it was kinda expected of her to be able o fight.
    Jadzia most likely comes from a much easier upbringing than Kira, and while she was badass, it seems she never had to fight against such bad odds for such a long time as Kira.
    Seven might have had a terrible past life as Borg drone, but it also gave her a large part of her talents and knowledge, so it just doesn't feel that badass.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.