test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maximum post length appears to have been cut

shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
Down to about 8000 characters, which I suppose is quite enough... unless you're, y'know, writing fanfic posts or something.

Is there any chance of any movement on this? Any official voices care to comment?
8b6YIel.png?1

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    It's a little before 9am where They are, so nobody is functionally awake to give us an answer yet.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    Well, I can wait, but can my panting public? [/sarcasm]
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    You could always use multiple boxes.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I think at this point I may just have to start posting links to ff.net or start a blog if they keep cutting it down.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,364 Arc User
    shevet wrote: »
    Well, I can wait, but can my panting public?
    I suppose we'll have to, but it won't be patiently. (No sarcasm here at all.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    artan42 wrote: »

And then we'll get told to stop doing multiple posts in a row...
    It's a Lose-Lose proposition around here.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    daveyny wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »

And then we'll get told to stop doing multiple posts in a row...
    It's a Lose-Lose proposition around here.

If it's a story I can't see anybody telling you off for that.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    And they also broke all the external links without programming redirects. Again.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Down to about 8000 characters, which I suppose is quite enough... unless you're, y'know, writing fanfic posts or something.

Is there any chance of any movement on this? Any official voices care to comment?

Uh-oh, @pwlaughingtrendy , think we lost even the modest adjustment you made for us when we first came over here. We were at 24000 characters here, before the latest migration--but unlimited on the vBulletin forum. Hope this will be resolved soon!

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    gulberat wrote: »

Uh-oh, @pwlaughingtrendy , think we lost even the modest adjustment you made for us when we first came over here. We were at 24000 characters here, before the latest migration--but unlimited on the vBulletin forum. Hope this will be resolved soon!

What the heck was the point of that, anyway? Did we ever get a straight answer out of the web designers?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Updated the character count.
    edited August 2015

Thank You for seemingly being the only PWE employee, with a heart of gold!
    B)
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User

B)
    Play nice while I'm gone.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    Many thanks! Glad to have the artistic integrity of my walls of text respected.

(I suppose I'd better post something now, then.)
    8b6YIel.png?1

B)
    Play nice while I'm gone.
    Heh...
    Where's the fun in that?
    >chuckle<

@pwlaughingtrendy Any chance you could look at the edit timer as well? Then get back to being ill :p.​​

#TASforSTO

edited August 2015

Thanks, trendy. :)

Speaking of fan fiction, is there any chance we could start getting the Unofficial Literary Challenges stickied each month so we get more participation and they don't fall off the front page?
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Out of curiosity, exactly what did the character limit get updated to?

And thanks @pwlaughingtrendy and sorry to hear you might not be feeling well. Get some rest!

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.