test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

a question.?

are LTS and subs getting preferred slotting? with regards to lag issues.

I asked this on TS with some others and they where stumped..!

is it so?

Comments

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    There is no "preferred slotting with regards to lag issues".

The only priority subs or LT get is if there is a log in queue.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    No, lag is effecting everyone. The only time lifers and subs get higher priority in terms of connection is on log in. If there is a queue to get into the server then lifers and subs will get moved to the front of the queue. But once in game everyone has the same connection status.
    The way I understand it is that they get preferred login, so if there is a que to login, subscription players go to the 'front of the line.' Not really an issue since I can't remember the last time I saw a login que for STO.

If you're trying to find out if the lag is more common among silver players, I don't know that, but I can tell you that I'm a relatively lag free Silver. I say 'relatively' because I now see some lag in red alerts since the 10.5 update.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    Think when i play free long time ago & joined a stf que like 1st or 2nd i use to get jumped by lifers & sub players. Dont no if it still happens but sometimes i join 7th or 8th & get in but it could just be people leaving.
    Im a lifer & my ship play's hop, skip & jump at times.