test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New mission proposal - derelict ship

gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
So far, no new mechanics has been implemented in this game for some time, so, my proposal is:

Create a new mission based on a derelict ship, ev-mission, parts of the ship with no life support and no gravity (we can disable the magnetic boots), and no-gravity combat, where you have to investigate a ship that was cut into pieces by an unknown force.

It would be incredibly fun and difficult to master, and that's even better!, well, any toughs?
The forces of darkness are upon us!

Comments

• Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    This could be used for a Halloween episode, this year or next. Dialogue options could make it so you either fight whom ever attacked it, some cosmozoan(s) that moved in, or just have the ship be empty(?).
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Epic mission idea here Cryptic! Of course what killed said ship is obvious ... Breen!

Nah .. just kidding ... Iconians!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    Yeah, i was thinking about a halloween mission too.. a mysterious alien life form that attacked the ship, killing everyone inside, i would love to see floating debris and corpses...
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Yeah, i was thinking about a halloween mission too.. a mysterious alien life form that attacked the ship, killing everyone inside, i would love to see floating debris and corpses...

Yeah that would be a great Featured Episode concept.
    A little Dead Space/Event Horizon sprinkled into our STO wouldn't be a bad thing.
    :smile:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I like it, it sounds like it could either be a great mission or a total flop, depending on who writes it.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options

Yeah that would be a great Featured Episode concept.
    A little Dead Space/Event Horizon sprinkled into our STO wouldn't be a bad thing.
    :smile:

Yeah!, including titling lights! and nice atmosphere, like music disabled and only the sound of your breathing, floating helplessly in space..
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    This is a great mission idea. And goes along with under the "exploration" idea of missions. Even a few times on the shows they came across ships like this.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    Our engine does not currently support:

* Zero-G combat
    * Rotating the relative orientation of "down"

(If we had those I would've used 'em already!)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    jheinig wrote: »

* Zero-G combat

It don't have to be Zero-G. I would settle walking the halls in a EV suit. With it dark like FE with Bonnie-Kin. For RP this would be a killer mission.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    jheinig wrote: »

* Zero-G combat

Ok, but then you could change to 0-G to pass from one place of the ship to another.. like kind of walking outside of the hull... or trough hull breaches?

Edit: And thanks for the reply!
  • Options
    How many would go with my idea, where you may find that nothing is scarier.
  • Options
    captz1pp wrote: »

Well, you can count me in!
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User

Yeah ... leave it as a mystery.

The derelict in question needs to be an Oberth Class. How many times was an Oberth Class found damaged or adrift in TNG?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    thay8472 wrote: »

Yeah ... leave it as a mystery.

The derelict in question needs to be an Oberth Class. How many times was an Oberth Class found damaged or adrift in TNG?

Or a Deep Space Science Vessel, because, you know, deep space dangers?
  • Options
    Also, doesn't have to be a FED ship, does it?
  • Options
    Also, doesn't have to be a FED ship, does it?

No, the idea is an alien ship... with an organic shape.. to add more mystery... insectoid race?, like the original concept of the Borg?

• Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    and maybe a flashlight we can keep after the mission, I can't count how may times I've used that on my romulan to get a better look at a mission.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    blitzy4 wrote: »
    and maybe a flashlight we can keep after the mission, I can't count how may times I've used that on my romulan to get a better look at a mission.

That's a very good idea.. a "combat flashlight", that works during combat, thou the EV suits also have lights..
  • Options
    blitzy4 wrote: »

My Hirogen box rifles comes in handy. They have a light on them. I used them a good bit, very nice effect. This is why I would love to see more dark missions.

• Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    So far, no new mechanics has been implemented in this game for some time, so, my proposal is:

Create a new mission based on a derelict ship, ev-mission, parts of the ship with no life support and no gravity (we can disable the magnetic boots), and no-gravity combat, where you have to investigate a ship that was cut into pieces by an unknown force.

It would be incredibly fun and difficult to master, and that's even better!, well, any toughs?

sounds a bit to much like "A Step Between Stars" to be labelled as "new mechanics", I would prefer to see a mission that requires the use of some kind of ground based vehicle such as an all terrain type buggy for example, now that would be new.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    sounds a bit to much like "A Step Between Stars" to be labelled as "new mechanics", I would prefer to see a mission that requires the use of some kind of ground based vehicle such as an all terrain type buggy for example, now that would be new.

I agree with you on that, but we are mostly in space... i mean, missions in TNG et all where in space, but not too much missions happened in EV suits, we have them, why not use them more often?

• Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Love the idea even expanded to more of a derelic space-station styl;e one that would be much latger, and give more veriety to the areas you can deal in. This could even be a great way of detailing or revealing new enemies or factions, via investigation missions to rescently found ships that were reported lost, or a deep space vessal finding a ancient looking space-station or ship in a Nebula