test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sensor analysis decreases shield drains

jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
edited July 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
As a part of this thread, I tested shield drains under sensor analysis.

While there appears to be a bit of fuzz involved in the actual numbers, my tests clearly indicated that the shield drain was 20% more without SA applied to the target than it was when SA was at 6 stacks.

Without seeing shield drains in the combatlog, I can't confirm my suspicion of why, but here's what my suspicion is:
  • Shield drains are treated as a negative heal. This would explain why the shield damage lines are negative.
  • For Shield drains, both the 30% increased drain and 50% decreased incoming healing work at face value
  • Because of this, the Shield drain is getting increased by (30%-50%), which results in it being down 20%

I can't confirm that that is the why, but I am positive that the 20% decreased drain during SA is happening.

[3:10] [System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #3,595,724.
SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
Post edited by jarvisandalfred on

Comments

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2015
    Wow, excellent find there. That is a though one to test for players thanks to power/shield drains not showing in the combat log. At least now I know that until the bug is fixed, I need to stay away from using tachyon beam with SA, specially considering that a 20% reduction for me is a huge hit since my flow caps and aux power are completely maxed out. I know that on the power drain side of things, it works as intended, but I could never test the shield drain when they changed SA because there is no clear way of telling what's going on because of shield regens messing with results, combined with having to watch the screen like a hawk to see how much shield got drained.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Any bets guessing when this gets fixed? B)
    XzRTofz.gif
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Wow, excellent find there. That is a though one to test for players thanks to power/shield drains not showing in the combat log. At least now I know that until the bug is fixed, I need to stay away from using tachyon beam with SA, specially considering that a 20% reduction for me is a huge hit since my flow caps and aux power are completely maxed out. I know that on the power drain side of things, it works as intended, but I could never test the shield drain when they changed SA because there is no clear way of telling what's going on because of shield regens messing with results, combined with having to watch the screen like a hawk to see how much shield got drained.

Thanks!

On my end, it's simple enough. When I do tests, I multibox with a separate account, with his shield power set below 50 to disable passive regeneration.

And I agree, the power drain side of things is an increase, of the same magnitude that damage to hull is increased.

​​
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

• majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User

Thanks!

On my end, it's simple enough. When I do tests, I multibox with a separate account, with his shield power set below 50 to disable passive regeneration.

And I agree, the power drain side of things is an increase, of the same magnitude that damage to hull is increased.

Shield regeneration actually was changed with Legacy of Romulus and occurs even at 15 base power now (though at a very reduced rate).​​
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Thanks!

Shield regeneration actually was changed with Legacy of Romulus and occurs even at 15 base power now (though at a very reduced rate).​​

Yeah the wiki is wrong. It was never changed to reflect the changes with LoR. Maybe someone, (cough, vel) could ask bort on reddit or something what the current formula is?
    edited July 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »

Thanks!

Shield regeneration actually was changed with Legacy of Romulus and occurs even at 15 base power now (though at a very reduced rate).

Yeah the wiki is wrong. It was never changed to reflect the changes with LoR. Maybe someone, (cough, vel) could ask bort on reddit or something what the current formula is?

I was wondering...

Sigh.

I guess this is something I can test out.

I do know that the formula for shield resistance is correct; where it's power/357.12=resist and that it stacks multiplicatively.

Edit: While we're here, I'd like to remind everyone that SA doesn't increase damage to shields either.​​

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter

Thanks!

​​

Yeah, I multiboxed for the SA testing, but shield drains are a pain to verify because of the combat log. Not sure why the combat log can't at least show shield drains. Heck, they should show power drains.

Thanks!

Yeah, I multiboxed for the SA testing, but shield drains are a pain to verify because of the combat log. Not sure why the combat log can't at least show shield drains. Heck, they should show power drains.

If my theory's right, it's a negative heal, so I don't see why that couldn't be logged. Power drains I get, as those are status effects. Would sure help figure out how effective tet is...
    ​​

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki