test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

5 days to complete tier 1?

thyrahthyrah Member Posts: 19 Arc User
Seriously? 5 days to complete an upgrade to tier 1 and 10 days to do tier 4?
Can someone explain why it takes sooooo long? The cost alone is way too
much in my opinion but the time really kills me. The times should be cut to
the same as any other fleet project, 20 hours.
Failing that, cut them in half and offer in the C-Store a way
to cut in half (again) after the purchase of the fleet time reduction module
(whatever). You can even make it leader only usage if you have to.

Comments

• Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    To answer you question, it takes 5 days because it is a time gate. Timegates are common in video games. 5 days is pretty common for Tier upgrades on all fleet holdings.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    cidjack wrote: »
    To answer you question, it takes 5 days because it is a time gate. Timegates are common in video games. 5 days is pretty common for Tier upgrades on all fleet holdings.

I get the concept but WHY so long. Time gates are controlled by those that put them in place.
    Someone in STO land thought it would be a good idea to make it 5 days. Personally I don't like it,
    and if they can remove time gates from upgrades they can change any of them. So please
    any Dev's try reducing the time on tier upgardes, and next time we meet I'll buy the coffee and
    doughnuts.

• Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2015
    Wait till you see the 14day upgrade period for tier 5 on starbase holding!
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    The time gates are standardized for the smaller holdings (5, 7, 10 days) which consists of the embassy, mine, spire, and research lab. The starbase has 5 tiers and such it's (20h, then 4, 7, 10, 14 days). Just think of it as time you can focus on gameplay or helping other fleets.​​
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    What helping "other" fleets?, we are not in a Armada fleet structure. Seems no one in the Fed
    wants to add a lvl 5 fleet to their fleet stuucture even as a gamma. Besides "we" are a family
    fleet consisting of 14 characters (Captains) between my son and myself. We have managed to
    get tier 1 Starbase and Spire, but as I said 5 days to us is a bit too long. Just the costs along
    take us days or even weeks to obtain all the EC, Dilit. and personal or whatever. If it were not
    for the Exhange to sell crafting items we would not even have a lvl 3 fleet. So as I suggested
    (for Dev's) cut the times in half and sell a time reducer to cut the time in half again at a cost (RLM)
    of around $5-10 depending. I'm sure ever fleet would buy at least one every time they want to
    rush the lvl jump. It's not like I'm asking for an "instant" tier jump, like two dats for tier 5 starbase
    or 30-36 hours for other levels 1-2-3, still would give plenty of time for other things.
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Agreed. These timers are madness. One day per tier will be more than enough.
  • Options
    Am relatively sure some armada would be happy to have you. You probably just haven't tried hard enough to find one. (I personally know of a fed armada with six vacancies.)

Also, just an FYI, but it would be to your benefit to build up the Mine first, as it provides discounts on the input requirements for all fleet projects.

That is what we are working on now is the Mine. We have tier one starbase and Spire. after the Mine the Lab will be next and so on.