Install Arc

these new forums suck!

Where are the old forums?

Comments

• strongyp1strongyp1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    they disabled them
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Member Posts: 2,073 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well one good thing about the new forums is that when I click "Home" I can instantly find a thread like this one from STO forums that I'd otherwise not see and I can come all the way from Champions Online to agree with OP.

• sojournerxsojournerx Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I hate them, too. What I really can't stand is reading all the way down a thread's page only to have to scroll all the way up again to go to the next page...
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    The fact that you can post a thread here, in an area where you supposedly can't, only proves that they do indeed suck.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    sojournerx wrote: »
    I hate them, too. What I really can't stand is reading all the way down a thread's page only to have to scroll all the way up again to go to the next page...

Here you go... perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/7895/testing-bug-hunting-and-finding-exploits/p1
    The fact that you can post a thread here, in an area where you supposedly can't, only proves that they do indeed suck.

it's called root posting, and technically you are allowed to use it... imo, the forums are better than the ones be had before, it's true, they can be a little iffy but they are much much better... you can also, with the help of the community, make them look better and run better, just follow the link I posted there...
    6tviTDx.png

it's called root posting, and technically you are allowed to use it... imo, the forums are better than the ones be had before, it's true, they can be a little iffy but they are much much better... you can also, with the help of the community, make them look better and run better, just follow the link I posted there...

Those mods are only a cosmetic feature and don't actually fix the forum's functionality, which is what I'm actually concerned about.

Those mods are only a cosmetic feature and don't actually fix the forum's functionality, which is what I'm actually concerned about.

the themes are, but there is a css injection and js file from @ngrlr that does fix the major flaws from the forum's functionality... in combination with the other injections, the fixes become apparent... should try it
    6tviTDx.png

the themes are, but there is a css injection and js file from @ngrlr that does fix the major flaws from the forum's functionality... in combination with the other injections, the fixes become apparent... should try it

Actually, I shouldn't have to. PWE shouldn't need to rely on the community to "fix" whatever. That's letting them off the hook too easily. And considering that all I see in that thread are people playing with fonts and smileys, I'm quite doubtful of your claims. And I met nrgrlr... he's quite an unpleasant person.

Actually, I shouldn't have to. PWE shouldn't need to rely on the community to "fix" whatever. That's letting them off the hook too easily. And considering that all I see in that thread are people playing with fonts and smileys, I'm quite doubtful of your claims. And I met nrgrlr... he's quite an unpleasant person.

Up to you broh... thats all I can say...
    6tviTDx.png

Up to you broh... thats all I can say...

Well, thanks for being respectful and polite at least. That's a first for the plugin advocates. They could learn a thing or two from you.
  • ovenusarmanioovenusarmanio Member Posts: 6,772 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    I've been mean to people when advocating the plugin?lRQebLq.gif Bat cleric is very confused. Anyway, the numerous fixes are more than just smileys. It also fixes the formats. It adds functionality such as letting us pick size, color, etc of font. Make the various BBCODE functionality easier to use, so we don't have to type them by hand. It adds handy links to forum tools that are hard to search. You don't have to like the guy personally but he still does good work. And his extensions aren't the only ones created. There are themes and tools by other users. The plugin was created by Asterelle. There is an STO theme by khamseenair.
    We are mostly discussing smileys in that thread because they are fun.fox-48.gif

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    I've been mean to people when advocating the plugin?lRQebLq.gif Bat cleric is very confused. Anyway, the numerous fixes are more than just smileys. It also fixes the formats. It adds functionality such as letting us pick size, color, etc of font. Make the various BBCODE functionality easier to use, so we don't have to type them by hand. It adds handy links to forum tools that are hard to search. You don't have to like the guy personally but he still does good work. And his extensions aren't the only ones created. There are themes and tools by other users. The plugin was created by Asterelle. There is an STO theme by khamseenair.

Other people who I've encountered, including nrgrlr, have been less than cordial. In any case, none of those features you've listed matter to me. So it's ultimately irrelevant.

Other people who I've encountered, including nrgrlr, have been less than cordial. In any case, none of those features you've listed matter to me. So it's ultimately irrelevant.

Knowing what kind of features do matter to you, could help create an injection to resolve the issue... :)
    6tviTDx.png

Knowing what kind of features do matter to you, could help create an injection to resolve the issue... :)

Actually I'd prefer PWE's board staff fix the issues rather than relying on the community as an excuse to be lazy at their jobs. But my top pet peeves happen to be how threads tagged with new posts don't actually take you to the new posts, or the apparent inability of the Flag/Report to function and reach a moderator.
  • ovenusarmanioovenusarmanio Member Posts: 6,772 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Fair enough, neither of those issues are solved by the injection. For the flag, I highly suggest you tag a moderator in a thread that you need them to see. Or send them a pm. Both will cause a notification to be placed on their screen. It's not a perfect solution but at least it can help in the meantime.onion-55.gif
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    dratikus wrote: »
    these new forums suck!
    Indeed.
    Simply said it's way too chaotic and not Reader-friendly, even compared to the previous forums, that's why i rarely use it anymore.
    Previously the forums was the thing that kept me motivating playing the game. Now that it's basicly unusable to me, there's little that keeps me interested in that game at all.

"...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    It is mostly just to say there is a forum but in reality there isn't one. I do feel bad for cryptic right now because their identity is slowly being assimilated by the collective to the point that things like the forum will just mash together with all this other stuff and will just be another farming game.
  • kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    All I can say that someone should "ban" epileptic animated GIFs from these forums...the light is too bright and I see 4 out of 5 lights (...as Picard being brainwashed by Cardis).

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    dratikus wrote: »
    These new forums suck!

zrX578k.gif
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Once I started using the plug in suggested in this thread, it got a whole lot better.

They make all the posts the same size and width, seperate quotes from the replies and even add navigation options to the bottom of the page.

All things that should have been implimented before the forums were migrated. While I am happy that this plug in exists, I do find it absurd that this basic functionality is not available by default. This forum in it's unmodified state is the worst and most difficult to navigate forum I have ever seen.

Worst part is that the Federation Shipyards and other sections are now dead because it's buried so far down that no one even bothers trying to find it anymore.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Just dropping by to fully agree with this thread’s title.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I dislike the annoying big and flashy gifs in the signatures that I don't want to see and find annoying and blinding. *coughs and looks up*
  • rcassandrasaturnrcassandrasaturn Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    umm wow. such hate for bland forums?
    Fleet commander of Slippery When Wet.
    i am Deaf Transgender girl. i'm Known to others as Korra.
    you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Actually I'd prefer PWE's board staff fix the issues rather than relying on the community as an excuse to be lazy at their jobs. But my top pet peeves happen to be how threads tagged with new posts don't actually take you to the new posts, or the apparent inability of the Flag/Report to function and reach a moderator.

Woah buddy. Slow down there with the assumptions! As much as I'd love to start badunka-junkin with things from my end (and lo, I am but a simple community manager) this isn't the open source version of Vanilla. It's being hosted and managed by them.

And yes. We've been (myself included) having conversations with Vanilla with regards to stuff like themes (css) and devtracker (api).

I'm working to fix em'. Don't knock me if you don't know me.

/mic
    Post edited by pwlaughingtrendy on
  • cyther77cyther77 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    I thought these forums are temporary
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    cyther77 wrote: »
    I thought these forums are temporary

I dreamt that last night... lol.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Trendy I love you lol
    Post edited by jam3s1701 on
    JtaDmwW.png
  • arthdaynearthdayne Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2015
  • alexhaydenalexhayden Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Ummm..."badunka junking"????? :)

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    to be honest I don't find them any better or worse then the old forums, the new forums have some nice features and some irritating ones and the same could be said for the old ones.

so at the end of the day im like meh. they are what they are, just get used to it.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.