test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cluster's and Doffing - What am I doing wrong?

captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
So far after I finished the chains. I have either failed or gotten common doffs on "Support ____ Colonization Efforts". I found a previous thread http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1351441 that had good info. But did not want Necro Police to get me. LOL.

UNvfcTq.jpg?1

Can the Doffing Guru's enlighten me? Or am I just wasting time after Doffing Nerf or 2015?
CibJ7qu.jpg?1
Post edited by captainkron on

Comments

• Options
    bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    you need to get a crit in order to get the Doffs...and even with rare to VR doffs on the mission the best crit chance is usually about 30% if I remember right so it may still take a few tries, depending on your luck.....it once took me a month to get the VR tech doff from B'tran
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    IF you have REALLY good doffs you might be able to get 34%, maybe higher. But yeah, not good odds at all.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So far after I finished the chains. I have either failed or gotten common doffs on "Support ____ Colonization Efforts". I found a previous thread http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1351441 that had good info. But did not want Necro Police to get me. LOL.

UNvfcTq.jpg?1

Can the Doffing Guru's enlighten me? Or am I just wasting time after Doffing Nerf or 2015?

Don't use Advisors or Diplomats. Use your best doffs with the most crit traits.

Beyond that its just luck.
  • Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    Don't use Advisors or Diplomats. Use your best doffs with the most crit traits.
    If you have them, sure, but I would generally encourage people to use Advisors. They are of limited use otherwise and therefore tend to be much cheaper than Diplomats on the Exchange, even with appropriate crit traits. You can outfit yourself with a good stable of them on the cheap.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Additionally, for KDF, the purple from one of the clusters (Was closest to Qo'Nos, can't remember the name) has all critical traits for that mission, so getting a few of her helps too.
  • Options
    mikec1013mikec1013 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    Doffing really sucks in this game right now! When are you going to stop wasting time on fluff and fix some of these issues. Especially the issues created when you took the walls down. Where are the civilian traders?