test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BUG: Dyson Sci Destroyer not reclaimable in the Event store

toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Tribble - Bug Reports
I copied several characters to Tribble: All had the reputation project for the DSD slotted since 2014, but unfilled. I filled the 1000 Q-mendations to the project and claimed the ship on two characters.

Then I looked at a number of other characters on Tribble with unlocked event stores. Those all had other event ships available for free unlock (Risian, Breen or Kobali). But the DSD was still greyed in the store.

I went back to the two characters that have claimed the DSD. I discharged it on both. Still neither of them could reclaim the ship from the event store. Same thing on any other chars, btw.

Last try: I exited the game and restarted it, still no change.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    toiva wrote: »
    I copied several characters to Tribble: All had the reputation project for the DSD slotted since 2014, but unfilled. I filled the 1000 Q-mendations to the project and claimed the ship on two characters.

Then I looked at a number of other characters on Tribble with unlocked event stores. Those all had other event ships available for free unlock (Risian, Breen or Kobali). But the DSD was still greyed in the store.

I went back to the two characters that have claimed the DSD. I discharged it on both. Still neither of them could reclaim the ship from the event store. Same thing on any other chars, btw.

Last try: I exited the game and restarted it, still no change.

This is because the discount code that was initiated was never done for the Dyson Science Destroyer. Cryptic retroactively allowed us to discount the breen ships and the risian ships, but they never revisited the Dyson ship as it was an anniversary event starship.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is because the discount code that was initiated was never done for the Dyson Science Destroyer. Cryptic retroactively allowed us to discount the breen ships and the risian ships, but they never revisited the Dyson ship as it was an anniversary event starship.

What's curious is I've seen some people report they were able to claim the DSD on new chars in the new evnt store tab. So I presume the bug is caused by me only claiming the DSD now and not a year ago.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    What's curious is I've seen some people report they were able to claim the DSD on new chars in the new evnt store tab. So I presume the bug is caused by me only claiming the DSD now and not a year ago.

Indeed, I was able to claim the DSD on one of my newer characters on Tribble last night even though he didn't exist at the time of last years anniversary event. I had completed the project on other characters previously on Holodeck and did have to log in with one of those characters on Tribble before it showed up for the newer character.

My only guess would be that there was some 'trigger' which occurred on Holodeck when that project completed which hasn't been triggered on Tribble when you've completed it. It may rely on an accolade or something. Do you know if you triggered anything like that on Tribble? Have you tried copying over a character who already owns the DSD to Tribble and logging in with them first?
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Tested it out today. I can open the store on most of my characters but I cannot open the store on some of my other characters. I've been looking to see what the difference in these characters are but so far I'm not seeing anything. Maybe it's just my characters that have not run any event?
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    Tested it out today. I can open the store on most of my characters but I cannot open the store on some of my other characters. I've been looking to see what the difference in these characters are but so far I'm not seeing anything. Maybe it's just my characters that have not run any event?

Looks like that's it. It seems to be my old characters that never ran a ship event that cannot open the event store.
    edited May 2015
    Indeed, I was able to claim the DSD on one of my newer characters on Tribble last night even though he didn't exist at the time of last years anniversary event. I had completed the project on other characters previously on Holodeck and did have to log in with one of those characters on Tribble before it showed up for the newer character.

My only guess would be that there was some 'trigger' which occurred on Holodeck when that project completed which hasn't been triggered on Tribble when you've completed it. It may rely on an accolade or something. Do you know if you triggered anything like that on Tribble? Have you tried copying over a character who already owns the DSD to Tribble and logging in with them first?

I've not seen any particular trigger upon completing the project on Tribble.
    I'll try claiming the DSD on Holodeck tomorrow and copy that char to Tribble. I'll report back.
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    Looks like that's it. It seems to be my old characters that never ran a ship event that cannot open the event store.

In order to even see the store where is the tab with reclaimable event ships, you must have had unlocked the store beforehand. That means taking part in at least one Summer or Winter event.

Lucky for all Delta Recruits, a Summer event starts in less than a week.

EDIT: Also I believe it was mentioned devs are looking into possibly making the store tab available to anyone even without having to unlock the store.

edited May 2015
    I've not seen any particular trigger upon completing the project on Tribble.
    I'll try claiming the DSD on Holodeck tomorrow and copy that char to Tribble. I'll report back.

I just had a quick look at my accolades and there is one called Qmendated which appears to refer to the unlocking of the ship via the event reputation project. It's possible the system is looking for that accolade, though just a guess. Hopefully it's just an issue with the accolade not triggering on Tribble if that is the case. Fingers crossed you have some luck tomorrow.

EDIT: Also I believe it was mentioned devs are looking into possibly making the store tab available to anyone even without having to unlock the store.

That'd be handy. Considering the ships are now going to be claimable in this fashion, seems silly making new characters wait until the next summer/winter event. I'd also love it if the summer/winter stores were available to all characters once unlocked so I could buy some frosted boots for my new characters haha. Though I could understand why the latter is unlikely.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited May 2015
    I just had a quick look at my accolades and there is one called Qmendated which appears to refer to the unlocking of the ship via the event reputation project. It's possible the system is looking for that accolade, though just a guess. Hopefully it's just an issue with the accolade not triggering on Tribble if that is the case. Fingers crossed you have some luck tomorrow.

Qmendated was an accolade awarded for playing the minigame during either 2014 or 2015 anniversary event, if I recall correctly. Therefore, most (if not all) of my characters already have it.

Either way, I've now filled the rep project for the DSD on a Holodeck character and claimed the ship.

Then I copied that one character on Tribble and voila, it now works. The DSD is available same as other event ships.

So I guess this bug is (hopefully) only limited to Tribble. In other words, you have to 'unlock' an event ship on Holodeck for the reclaim function to work.

edited May 2015
    Qmendated was an accolade awarded for playing the minigame during either 2014 or 2015 anniversary event, if I recall correctly. Therefore, most (if not all) of my characters already have it.

Either way, I've now filled the rep project for the DSD on a Holodeck character and claimed the ship.

Then I copied that one character on Tribble and voila, it now works. The DSD is available same as other event ships.

So I guess this bug is (hopefully) only limited to Tribble. In other words, you have to 'unlock' an event ship on Holodeck for the reclaim function to work.

Ah yeah it could have been for the episode right enough. I know it was from 2014 but sometimes the descriptions are a little vague haha.

That's good news though you were able to get the unlock working that way. Should mean anybody on Holodeck who has already finished the project or has it slotted to finish should be able to get the unlocks working. :)
  • crb2442crb2442 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I still can't reclaim any of the ships I've already unlocked even with the original character that unlocked the ship. I checked and all three that I copied over had the Qmendated accolade as well but every ship is still greyed out. I can understand not being able to get ships I haven't previously unlocked but the four I do I should at least be able to reclaim with the characters that unlocked them already.

Edit: Wanted to add that I tested this on holodeck and I can reclaim them there, just not on tribble.