test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

how to keep event currency

tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
The point is they did not need to change the currency. All they needed to do was make a conversion from pearls--->favors near the end so people could pick up some stuff. They do this in neverwinter and it works.

The solution is really simple and easy, so I'm going to help you out PW...I'm going to give you an idea to solve something you think is a problem.

You could give away a risan bridge officer for pearls. People would go for that if they did it right. If they added new intel/command/pilot ones even better. They only appear for summer event so people will log on.
250 pearls = green boff
500 pearls = blue boff
700 pearls = purple boff
1500 pearls = Ultra rare boff
2000 pearls = epic boff

I can guarantee people would save their pearls and spend them on stuff like this. Its an easy fix and you don't have to change over to a new currency every event. I could turn this game around in less than 6 months and probably make them more money than they've made in a year!!
Post edited by tigercatgirl on

Comments

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You peeps shouldn't complain: you're getting 1 Spec point for only 200 Pearls. I say you're getting a very good deal! Buying Spec points hasn't been offered to anyone else.

P.S. And, on the topic of 'No more event ships', what am I supposed to do with my stash of old Qmendations I had saved up for this year's event ship?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can guarantee people would save their pearls and spend them on stuff like this. Its an easy fix and you don't have to change over to a new currency every event.

It's odd as you suggest at the beginning an automatic conversion but then go on to describe just offering another reward/thing that you could buy for pearls. No, you can't guarantee that players would definitely trade pearls for a boff if they were given the choice and not hoarde for the next event.

I support the idea of an automatic conversion (so that progress cannot be banked ahead of an event) although it shouldn't be pearls to favors - that's a different currency and doesn't/couldn't connect to the store they have described. Pearls are character bound time-gated currency - you can earn a max of 40 per day per character. Favors are trade-able and unlimited in an earning sense (I have hundreds of thousands of them).

A store selling Spec points for favors - yes please! (only no, seriously no, it would be so broken...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @Jackel
    No, you can't guarantee that players would definitely trade pearls for a boff if they were given the choice and not hoarde for the next event.

Actually I know it would work. You can only buy white normal special boffs right now. You can get one from a mission but only one. Think about it...an EPIC boff that will take being on everyday for the event and then having to wait till next year and still grind for it. People will do it.
    The person's main toon will grind for epic boff. The person's alt will grind for ships, and their other alt will grind for lower level boffs.

Also the grind for the epic boff will tell PW that those people are going to stick with the game till next year. Both parties have something to look forward too. PW keeps its players and the players will get a cool reward. win/win both sides!!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The point of converting pearls to favors is for those people who don't want the boffs. Near the end like the last 3-4 days you can convert your pearls to favors to buy the stuff for that year. buy gifts for your friends or rewards for your fleet.

I spend my favors and ornaments at the end for gifts to my friends that maybe didn't get the ship this time or wasn't on for some reason.

You could do a special fleet project for pearls to add a pool to your fleet starbase. Win for RP fleet people!!