test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is the purpose of the Fleet Dilithium Mine?

dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
I understand that a fleet can have a dilithium mine and fleet members can contribute to projects for the mine, but why? Does this provide income for the fleet? Do fleet members get a stipend or allowance of dilithum or maybe even a DOFF who earns dilithium?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• standupwookiestandupwookie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There are three fleet DIL missions like the one on the other asteroid, so you can do 4 per day if you want.

Also, they sell some fleet gear there as well. Warp Cores and ENG consoles and such.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can use the Mine once per day to mine Dilithium the same way you do the regular Dilithium Mine. The regular mine gives 1k Dil per day, the Fleet Dil mine gives 2500 via 3 daily missions giving you 3500 if you hit both mines.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The fleet dilithium mine does indeed offer numerous ways for fleet meembers to obtain dilithium.

1. At max Tier... the mine can have three different mining missions, much like the Vulgata one, except without crafting materials...

2. Also, as the mine increases in tier levels, it opens up discounts to ALL fleet projects for dilithium costs.

3. Fleet engineering consoles, warp/singularity cores.

4. New costume unlock (if you are into it)

5. Doff missions to earn more diltihum

Hope that answers your questions :)
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    4. New costume unlock (if you are into it)

Which one is that?
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In most cases, a young fleet is actually better off completing the fleet Dilithium mine holding first. The discount put towards Dilithium requirement for the other holdings is very substantial. The fleet engineering consoles from the dil holding are very good. You will make more dil running STFs or Voth Ground Battlezone and such than in the 37 minutes needed to do the dil mine dailies, but for new low level characters who can't run those upper level queues, the mines help a great deal.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Which one is that?
    It is the Miner costume.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As one of the admirals of a smaller fleet, the fleetwide dilithium discount on projects is huge, especially since we are at tier IV on our starbase some of the upgrades get into the million levels for dilithium requirements.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    dratikus wrote: »
    I understand that a fleet can have a dilithium mine and fleet members can contribute to projects for the mine, but why? Does this provide income for the fleet? Do fleet members get a stipend or allowance of dilithum or maybe even a DOFF who earns dilithium?

Mines provide:

1. At Tier 2, you get a "normal" mining daily like Vlugta. At Tier 3, you get a "rich" mining that's at least twice as much as the "normal".

2. At Tiers 1 / 2 / 3 of "development", you unlock increasing payout 18 hour DOff missions that uses 2x Miner DOffs - of which you can purchase from a store in the mines. One gives Dil, the other EC. Critting either also supplies Dilithium Mine Provisions...

3, and most important to fleets & players - there are many discounts provided within the mines. The Development track offers up Fleet Mark discounts, the Trade track cuts back on the need for commodities, and the main mines give dilithium discounts - along with projects that extend the discounts to all future purchases from any/all Dilithium stores. While not directly "income" per-se, these discounts allow for cheaper project completions, which in and of itself is a "form of income" - if it takes 200,000 dil to do a cosmetic project, but you discount it down to 182,000, you've "made" the 18,000 dil that stays in your pocket(s) vs. being invested into the fleet...

These discounts are 4% at Tier 1, 5% (stacking, so 9% off) at T2, and 6% (15% overall) at Tier 3.

My personal "side project" fleet finally hit T2 mine (T2 Development track for FM discounts and T1 Trade and it's slight savings on commodities). Now run-and-gunning the spire/embassy to T1 for the provisions, then it'll be back to slaving in the mines to get them to T3 - for accelerated discounts everywhere else...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Isn't there also a doff mission that will allow you to refine an extra 500 dil?
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    svindal777 wrote: »
    Isn't there also a doff mission that will allow you to refine an extra 500 dil?

There certainly is, and it adds up to a major perk over time. That refining mission is instant, so it's worth visiting every day before you fill up your doff assignment list with other stuff.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    schloopdoo wrote: »
    There certainly is, and it adds up to a major perk over time. That refining mission is instant, so it's worth visiting every day before you fill up your doff assignment list with other stuff.

Actually that doesn't take up a 'slot', so you can just run it without worry. I do that all the time.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I always forget to do that extra dilth refining doff assignment.

The dilth mine was a bit of a disappointment in all honestly. It does help but in such a small way. For example, the embassy final upgrade for the Fed fleet I'm in is sitting at 1.7 million dilth instead of 2 million. I mean yeah that's 300k dilth we don't have to donate, but that's about the amount we've donated already.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    The Fleet mine is also WAAAAAAY better looking than the public one. Instead of a rock with some purple crystals poking out in a tacked on manner, you get an AWESOME crystal mine with 4 different colors of Dilithium, crystals that actually LOOK good and don't look out of place, frickin' crystal GLACIERS...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The Fleet mine is also WAAAAAAY better looking than the public one. Instead of a rock with some purple crystals poking out in a tacked on manner, you get an AWESOME crystal mine with 4 different colors of Dilithium, crystals that actually LOOK good and don't look out of place, frickin' crystal GLACIERS...

Yeah it's a gorgeous map.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Another side benefit of the Fleet mine is that players can access the rest of the Fleet holdings from there, using the Fleet transwarp network, instead of having to schlep it to each base the long way. Once the holdings reach T3, you can move from one to another without having to use your ship's TW cooldown. I spend a lot of time in the Alpha Quadrant, so it's really convenient to use the mine to reach even the Dyson sphere... :cool:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    The fleet mine also allows you the opportunity to accidentally space your toon.

"Space," as in, kill your character by accidentally exposing him/her to the vacuum of space.

I'm still scarred by the experience. :P
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you have the horta pet from mine enemy, the dil mine is hr favorite place to hang out.

Just as an FYI. People never think of their pet's needs.