test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Pink" Romulan Ship Textures

grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
For some reason it was decided that Romulan ships would have "cut-outs" so the base texture doesn't cover the entire ship. This is exacerbated by some skins and gear visuals.

It seems like its supposed to be a light gray - that still doesn't really match any of the other parts of the ship. What happens in many lighting conditions is this light grey tends to go pink. Since pink and green are contrasting colors, the pink stands out.

Would it be possible to just get skins that fully cover the ship rather than inexplicable cut outs that often don't even match the lines of the ship.

If I have the really nice Upgrade skin loaded, I would like to see that, not some generic, flat pieces here and there that turn pink.

If you simply look at the images of the new Tier 6 ships its evident what I am talking about since the ship is the photos is pink all over.
[SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by grnlbrtnfrnt on

Comments

• qweeble#7491 qweeble Member Posts: 164 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    Do you have any examples of what you're talking about?

Which ship(s), which parts, shield overlays, material choices, graphics settings, environment lighting, and such all come into play.
    I make space ships!
    Twitter! STO_JamJamz
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Im 95% sure hes using the visuals on the JemHadar Shields.

They are grey with pink accents

I just dont think he knows how to disable the visuals
  • n1ngmastern1ngmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OMG... If there was an option to colour my ship pink... I'm in, don't care what I do to get it...

My girls NEED to be flying around in a pink ship...
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Do you have any examples of what you're talking about?

Which ship(s), which parts, shield overlays, material choices, graphics settings, environment lighting, and such all come into play.

Just look at your promo art in the Zen Store! But here is a good example:

http://i.imgur.com/GncmiwP.jpg

The issue isn't the "pink" per se. Its the pointless cut outs in the ship texture that exposes parts of the ship and is a bland plain light grey. The texture changes colors in different lighting conditions. And for the most part they lighting makes it pinkish. But it can be gray, greenish, black etc depending on lighting.

The cut outs also change a bit depending on which skin you have loaded, some are more cut outs than skins.

The worst ship for these "cut-outs" is the DD. Its just a patch work of textures.

The point is we should have a consistent texture like Feds and KDF ships with out these pointless exposed areas.

If I pick the really nice Upgrade skin, I would like my ship to have the really nice Upgrade skin. Not arbitrary bits and pieces
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Just look at your promo art in the Zen Store! But here is a good example:

http://i.imgur.com/GncmiwP.jpg

Oh, my gosh! Isn't that just the LTS Veteran ship skin reflecting red off of the white hull??
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • geminisierrageminisierra Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    n1ngmaster wrote: »
    OMG... If there was an option to colour my ship pink... I'm in, don't care what I do to get it...

My girls NEED to be flying around in a pink ship...

and now I'm having flashbacks of "Operationi Petticott" and pink submarines.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    and now I'm having flashbacks of "Operationi Petticott" and pink submarines.

But that was a good movie. :D
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • fj42fj42 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh, my gosh! Isn't that just the LTS Veteran ship skin reflecting red off of the white hull??

Yeah. I'm 99% sure that's the Vet skin.

EDIT: So, using a spare VA token, I picked up a D'D and took her for a spin. The only grey textures I saw were on the Vet hull and Romulan 3, which is the c-store hull and is supposed to have the grey bits. Romulan 2 (Green), the show and movie skin, has zery white or grey bits. And since I was feeling crazy, I decided to see if I could find a hole in the texture. at 7680x4320 there were no holes, gaps, or tears. See here:

ss6NTdGl.jpg