test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Have to be Really Zoomed in for "Star Effects"

grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Graphical and Sound Issues
I was seeing some pretty bland looking stars in Sector space when you are near them. Thought I had some settings set too low or something. Nope every thing set kind of high.

Turns out it was my zoom level. Have to be zoomed way in before the star shows its effects. At what I would consider a normal zoom level the star doesn't have any. I would never zoom in as far as I need to in Sector, or ever really.

Distant stars look fine, its just when you get close they turn basic. Zoom way way in and the animations and effects show up.

IMO this has to do with the overly small radii a lot of things have in sector now. You have to get right on top of objects.
[SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by grnlbrtnfrnt on

Comments

• royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Funny, it seems like lots of effects are 'disappearing' at odd levels of zoom. I play on minimum settings, and at the character selection screen my team is in the 'pose' but none of their weapons or gear show up, unless I zoom in really close. Also, the glowing effect behind the captain is also gone until I zoom in close. In gameplay on the ground, similarly, my team appears to be running around pretending to shoot things with imaginary guns until I zoom in close. Loot critters have no 'light spear' effect until I am right on top of them.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • chaospimpchaospimp Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same thingr me my ground weapons dont show unless i zoom in
    and space weapon the same
    i didnt have this kind of problems before s10 came out
  • fluf2fluf2 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Its worse for me. I have no shields or engine trails or any effects what-so-ever, unless I zoom all the way into my ship on all 5 of my characters. The only thing I can see in combat is beam weapons. That means I don't see tractor beams, gravity wells, warp plasma, or any of my other effects unless I am completely zoomed into my ship.

I have tried adjusting everything in the video settings to no avail, including logging in in safe mode, switching to Dx9, turning everything to low, then high, bloom on and off, shadows and just about everything else. I don't think there is a setting I haven't messed with. I can play the game, but its really getting hard to play when you don't know what's got you, which shield is down, or what plasma you are running over.

NVIDIA GT520

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
    DirectX version: 11.0
    GPU processor: GeForce GT 520
    Driver version: 350.12
    Direct3D API version: 11
    Direct3D feature level: 11_0
    CUDA Cores: 48
    Core clock: 810 MHz
    Shader clock: 1620 MHz
    Memory data rate: 1000 MHz
    Memory interface: 64-bit
    Memory bandwidth: 8.00 GB/s
    Total available graphics memory: 2558 MB
    Dedicated video memory: 2048 MB DDR3
    System video memory: 0 MB
    Shared system memory: 510 MB
    Video BIOS version: 75.19.1C.00.00
    IRQ: 16
    Bus: PCI Express x16
    Device Id: 10DE 1040 000010DE
    Part Number: 1310 0000

Three years playing this game and I have never had a graphics problem. All this started with Season 10.
    Leader of Nova Elite and House of Nova Elite
    Fluf - USS Angelia
    Kazar Chugra -USS Mirak
    Du'Ralle - IKS - K'Rag
    Koval - RRW -D'Dara