test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blood of the Ancients Bug Thread

2»

Comments

• salenferretsalenferret Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I encountered a problem where I played both of the new episodes, but I can't replay them. I went to the featured episode and clicked to HAIL the contact, but it says I have to be Lvl 10, when I'm on a Lvl 60 Admiral.

Why does it say I need to be at least Lvl 10 when I'm Lvl 60?
  • salenferretsalenferret Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh, here's the follow up from yesterday, a link to my screenshot showing that I'm Lvl 60, but I can't replay the featured missions because I "must be at least level 10".

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=431391421

So yeah, I can't replay the missions. Booooo.
  • bufflezbufflez Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    people in teh floorz... Fed BOA. I think someone reported this already. Just confirming.

http://imagehost.phoenix-nest.com/?di=714299283700
  • moltenfireantsmoltenfireants Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My toon and her crew were just killed by the Defiler in the Preserver Archives (info says #32) while protecting the ancient one, but with everyone unconscious there's no "defeated" dialog box and I can't respawn :confused: Help, I don't want to redo the mission!

Edit: okay, a couple of presses of ESC got the respawn dialog box back. Whew!
  • hygtkilo98hygtkilo98 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • wepsikwepsik Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello ,

My PC crashed.
    When I log in I see ongoing mission BLood of the ancients, and last task to do
    Legacy of the preservers.

How I can continue this mission ?
  • sov888sov888 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's been over a week since I played BoA first time and on replay the Enhanced Tech Upgrade isn't showing in the rewards list - have filed a bug report ingame too (forgot to get the number!)

Seems others also having this issue - not sure why it's affecting a few of us?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1439961
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    End cutscene still has Paris, D'Tan and co. sinking into the floor.
    i thought you fixed that? If you did, you need to fix the fix. ;)

http://postimg.org/image/stc6mozol/full/
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Same issue. Enhanced Tech Upgrade wasnt showing. Did it anyway, did not receive it as a reward. It worked last week. /sigh
    Oh, here's the follow up from yesterday, a link to my screenshot showing that I'm Lvl 60, but I can't replay the featured missions because I "must be at least level 10".

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=431391421

So yeah, I can't replay the missions. Booooo.

I tried to hail the event today, from the Featured Mission and I still can't join, getting the same message as previous, that I need to be Lvl 10+, when I'm Lvl 60. And of course I can't see the missions elsewhere since they're not added to the Iconian Episode set yet.

Please fix this. I was hoping this would have been fixed last patch.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sorry Taco but exploring is what I do. that is in the NE corner. I was trying to see if I could find a way to look at the rest of Mol'Rihan, but no.

yes you can jump down the hole. Fortunately, I'd finished this part of the mission so I was able to just click a button and leave.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kane53kane53 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    seems the mission wont end i finished the last part and now it keeps tellin me to go to new Romulus even tho iv already finished the mission
  • duneczan3duneczan3 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I also didn't get the tech upgrade this week (supposing of course we actually get them beyond the first week).

I also don't get the ending cutscene anymore with Admiral Kererek's speech.
  • huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nm-1111111111111111111111111111111.
  • skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    duneczan3 wrote: »
    I also didn't get the tech upgrade this week (supposing of course we actually get them beyond the first week).

I played the Mission first on 28.4 and got an upgrade. Today the Upgrade was avaible again. On Monday it wasn't. It is probably a 7 Day Cooldown. Can someone confirm this?
  • damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can the Dreadnaught move a bit faster? I had to wait 20 minutes before the damn thing was in position to do what it needed to do!
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
  • tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kane53 wrote: »
    seems the mission wont end i finished the last part and now it keeps tellin me to go to new Romulus even tho iv already finished the mission

I have the same problem.
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • kcansur7kcansur7 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm attempting to replay for the Resonant set, but every time I initiate from the Sol system in sector space, I get the Disconnected from Server error.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    duneczan3 wrote: »
    I had this happen last night as well. So far this is the first replay where I've had this happen. I was playing my KDF Sci captain. Er, General. Whatev.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I tried to hail the event today, from the Featured Mission and I still can't join, getting the same message as previous, that I need to be Lvl 10+, when I'm Lvl 60. And of course I can't see the missions elsewhere since they're not added to the Iconian Episode set yet.

Mission Replay does not come from the banner at the left side of the Journal, but from the Episodes tab at the top. Mission Replay is always available from the Mission Simulator and not through Captain Kagran, or any other mission contact.
    The episodes are not in The Iconian War sequence yet, but are listed in the "Feature Episodes" section above the rest of the story sections.

Bug
    The bug I experience is on KDF characters. The cutscene at the Romulan Flotilla doesn't play and I'm just dumped into Sector Space at the Flotilla instead.
    Check my video here: https://youtu.be/tBMn9qJIk6s?t=56m25s
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • gatorsfan10gatorsfan10 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I encountered a problem where I played both of the new episodes, but I can't replay them. I went to the featured episode and clicked to HAIL the contact, but it says I have to be Lvl 10, when I'm on a Lvl 60 Admiral.

Why does it say I need to be at least Lvl 10 when I'm Lvl 60?

I am having the same issue with my Romulan Fed Alligned character.
    I am at level 60, but when I hail the mission I get the same message stating that I must be at least level ten and aligned with a faction.
    However I am not trying to replay it. I am trying to play it for the first time.

UPDATE: I forgot I played this mission with this character when the mission first became available. I was able to go to Feature Episodes tab and replay the mission again.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Every other mission attempt, the Quas cruisers are on god-mode and they take no damage.
  • kargandarrkargandarr Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Every other mission attempt, the Quas cruisers are on god-mode and they take no damage.
    That is my complaint also. Why should it be required that we watch a cutscene to be able to do damage to them?
  • darthnevermoredarthnevermore Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What faction were you playing as?

KDF

I'm a level 13 (when i first saw it), and now level 14 (the second time i encountered the problem)

What happened with the issue?

Iconian Dreadnought won't fire superweapon to end the episode. (All other Iconians have been destoryed. Oh, and a few Mir fighters pop up.)

At what point did the issue occur Where were you in the Episode that you encountered the issue?

No cut scene appeared. Iconian Dreadnought just appeared.

Were you able to resolve the issue? Were there any specific ways that you found you were able to resolve or bypass the issue in any temporary work-around?

I dropped the episode and restarted.

The second time, I aborted the mission and restarted went to Lae'nas System to continue Defending the Archive, and it worked. I was able to finish the mission.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Biggest issue other than sector space music playing loudly over the briefing scenes is the voice actors losing lines and just get no sound from them at all. Tom in the initial and Kererek in the end.

Same issue noted on a level 18 fed aligned Rom and a 57 Fed.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Harbinger has 3,000 shield and 10,000 health. (To say nothing of the one-hit-kill weapon ...)

That's not right, is it?

Is it??? :confused:
  • synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm shaking my head at the thought of this thing being given the green light for release in the first place:

1) Breaks in Paris's dialogue in the first cutscreen.

2) Paris's ship just sitting in space doing glob bursts by itself instead of following you and the rest of the NPC team to engage the enemies.

3) The usual problem of looting after combat moving the mission progress forward before you realize it...both in space and ground.

4) Ground mobs getting stuck in a tree.

5) Ship cutscreens happening late enough after you've arrived in the cutscreen zone so that said cutscreen burns through the buffs you had more than enough time to activate.

6) And the best part...the final cutscreen not only having breaks in dialogue...but EVERYONE is buried under the floor so that it looks like there's a convention of talking heads.

This is all from the one and only time I've done this mission. Seriously, folks? If you were going for comedy, congrats because that's about all this mission has going for it. Gawd...
  • vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I also have the same problem, keep getting looped back to the cavern on New Romulus before going to the Preserver's Cave. Bummer!
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • seanreedseanreed Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I am currently a Lvl 60 Federation Admiral trying to play this episode

I make it through to the start of Legacy of the Preservers, and my game crashes every time.

The system has re scanned ALL files several times and and I have even done a complete uninstall and re-install of the game, and still the game crashes claiming their is a corrupted pig file.

If anyone has anyway of finishing this episode please let me know. Several error reports have been sent up already.
  • rezinukenrezinuken Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I'm unable to complete this quest as well, I'm Fed lvl 57 and it keeps crashing me as soon as I attempt to walk thru the gateway.