test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Duolingo App: Klingon

steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
edited April 2015 in Ten Forward
Something for Trekkies to keep on their watch list:

I was checking out the free Duolingo app's website today and noticed that they are just starting to build a Klingon language trainer for their list of language-training offerings. Why this was picked before Mandarin or Hindi (#1 & #3 most spoken languages), I'm not sure. Perhaps it is just the fun of having people gawk when you and your pals converse in Klingon while in that 2-hour roller coaster line at the local theme park.

Bonus: they're 98% of the way to beta for the planned language, Esperanto.
Post edited by steamwright on

Comments

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you for letting me know about this site. This actually looks like something that once their Russian course for English speakers comes up, might well be useful for me since unlike Rosetta Stone, it directly teaches grammar. Looks like they are 2/3 of the way out from a beta version on that one.

http://incubator.duolingo.com/courses/ru/en/status

I have studied Russian before in an informal community course--but it wasn't structured enough to give me all that I am looking for. Though I might be willing to go back to that course IF I can get better grounding in the basics...and this might be a way to do so.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited April 2015
    I cannot speak regarding the Russian, but a German teacher friend of mine approves of the tool as a means for her students to stay polished when not in school.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I cannot speak regarding the Russian, but a German teacher friend of mine approves of the tool as a means for her students to stay polished when not in school.

Well, that's good to hear! :)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.