test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

4/7 Game lag is horrible

jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
Game lag especially in the STFs is positivily horrible right now

all of the players in the STfs say so as well...thos ethat will talk that is

played 5 space STfs so far one went ok the other 4 were nearly unplayable and failed because of the rubberbanding

Earth space dock isn't that bad but noticeable at times with about 7 seconds for a merchant or bank window to appear
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Post edited by jellico1 on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Have you run the usual Tracert to see where the problem is located?

The reason I ask is because Lag at my end is minimal... Of cause I havn't done a STF, so it may be related to those somehow.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • gb1dtfgb1dtf Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd be happy with a little lag atm. Not even been able to login since the patch.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hmmm yeah ...

First Try : Couldn't even login, several "Login Timeouts" etc ...
    Second Try : Can't even start the Launcher ... loading forever ...

... guess it's going to be another 6h Emergency Maintenance soon ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • lingeringsoul888lingeringsoul888 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    played 10 games last night.....no lag..and this is playing from Australia
  • nethdraugnethdraug Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I cannot even get on... it keeps saying "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"
    I have no idea what to do..
  • jaymaverick007jaymaverick007 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ive had something similar like this happen to me on patches on the past. try going to your fire wall and turning it off while activating the launcher. it seems that something in the patch sometimes resets your fire wall so that it cannot update the launcher or verify your patch files.

not sure what the problem is. but once you turn off the fire wall temporarily and launch the launcher. it starts to verify the files and usually the game will then launch for me after that.

then turn you fire wall back on don't for get to turn it back on. ! hope this works for some of you. im trying it right now myself
    I ill let you know if it worked this time or not.
    Retired Rear Admiral-Jay Maverick-
    Known simply as -Maverick-
    Klingons should Beware of Maverick.
    Maverick loves a fight and tends to be victorious even as the underdog.
    He has an aptitude for tactics,guerrilla warfare and security.
    "United Federation of Planets"
    12th Fleet - Intelligence Division "Khalija" - Alpha Group
    Not on Current Assignment.-On Retirement leave at Leach Lake in Minnesota
  • jaymaverick007jaymaverick007 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yup it worked for me. I have no more issues with launcher or loging in. :)
    Retired Rear Admiral-Jay Maverick-
    Known simply as -Maverick-
    Klingons should Beware of Maverick.
    Maverick loves a fight and tends to be victorious even as the underdog.
    He has an aptitude for tactics,guerrilla warfare and security.
    "United Federation of Planets"
    12th Fleet - Intelligence Division "Khalija" - Alpha Group
    Not on Current Assignment.-On Retirement leave at Leach Lake in Minnesota
  • darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    as know this is related
    i thought i would put it in here.

today the 8th april 2015
    i am getting lag in game

in the KDF Home Sector, it toke me like 20 mins just to cross the other side, and then it disconnected me...
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can confirm this... the rubberbanding especially in STFs is very annoying.

The rest of the game seems ok as far as I can tell.
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Since the downtime yesterday I am experiencing a lot of rubberbanding too....
  • nightveil01nightveil01 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Since the downtime yesterday I am experiencing a lot of rubberbanding too....

So have I. Took almost twice as long as it should have to complete a mission. Would really like to play the game without the rubberbanding.
  • ariakistoariakisto Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Please update your servers , we are getting huge packet loss from the game server its not our ips- internet the packet loss is insane.
  • jacquemarteljacquemartel Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Last night two of my team had constant 'server not responding' and disconnects. The problem occurred both in sector space and in instanced missions. I was ok.

Today I tried to go into the Allied Sphere Space and had non-stop server not responding. When I logged out and tried to log back in to correct this I could not even get back in.

Seems to be hitting people at random? Only certain zones for certain people. Everything was fine till I hit Allied Sphere Space.

All other Internet tasks are smooth and other games working great.

Get busy and find/fix the problem please!
  • darkfrontier911darkfrontier911 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Rubber Banding and "server not responding" is awful today... It was annoying last night but today it's worse, and it is not me. I have contacted my ISP and they confirmed my connection speed and ping rate are far above requirements for gaming. I would like to/ want to play, but this makes it very difficult when you rubber band halfway back across the ground/space map. I hope someone looks into this, and quickly.

Thanks
    Jeffrey
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, today is literally awful, the lag is out of control :(
    Cryptic, do something for god's sake, we are telling you that your game is laggy since months and you say nothing to us.... :mad:
  • velaraxvelarax Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Game is unplayable and has been all day. If you can get on, you're disconnected or rubber-band until the server finally drops you.

Hope this delta thing gets extended b/c haven't been able to play all week.
  • ironchefbbqironchefbbq Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you are having problems, post them in one of the threads in the Gameplay Bug Reports forum.
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Out of curiosity, at what time are people noticing "lag?"
    and this is playing from Australia
    Off-peak hours; less traffic in general, and less demand on the servers.

This isn't the 90s.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • nh3rdnh3rd Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And it continues, at this point you might as well park at ESD and trollolololol because the STFs are completely unplayable since the Delta Recruit event went live. And we aren't talking a little rubberbanding no that's just the opening. By mid-fight the whole thing turns into a slide show and it isn't a client problem. The client is still fully functional while on standby waiting for the server to belch another round of numbers and the Russian roulette of borg death. Abilities are being cast while not actually activating, and that's if they even activate in the first place. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 button presses to get it to go through.

Seriously somebody needs to actually log into game pick a dps channel join a group and watch this bloody slide show because this would be a top priority in anybody's book. And not on tribble, or internal, because there is ZERO server load. No ya need to get out of the cubicle log in and see for yourself the mess this is turning into.

Until a fix comes around all I can say is somebody wake me when the event ends because I'm not wasting another minute on trying to play the game in this state. :mad: