test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not Reskinnable Enemy Space Mobs ?

helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
I am reskinning some enemy mobs to better understand space battle mechanics... as many know some enemies are unskinnable, like the Borg, as they like showing a tearing apart Borg cube, or (recently added) Kazon, which spawns littler Kazon ships...

You can't reskin some "normal engined" into remans or romulans, because they die shrinking into a singularity...

Question:
can I have a small list of enemy space mobs that spawn other material ...?

So far I tested:

The above mentioned Kazons,

the Voth (spawn repair ship of their faction)

The Undine (spawn those giant yellowish blobs...)

...others...?
Post edited by helixfungus on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Did you try Vaadwaur? I think some of those call reinforcements too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Off the top of my head I know Cardassian and Hirogen battleship mobs make holo-Galors and holo-Hunters. Also Tholians do the Tholian web thing, and Breen battleships have fighters.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Must check if a reskinned Breen battleship spawns breen-named fighter. Otherwise it should be cool...
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Must check if a reskinned Breen battleship spawns breen-named fighter. Otherwise it should be cool...

They can spawn the Bleth Choas Fighters. They're not the most recognizable fighters, so I use them anyway. The Dominion and Gorn are pretty hard to recognize when reskinned. The Hazari (I think) make a good reskinable, friendly alien race.
    edited April 2015
    The Breen battleship spawns "Bleth Choas fighter" - that should do...not named "Breen Fighter"after all...
    The Hazari are not in the NPC space groups.
  • rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I believe the Fekhiri battleships spawn fighters
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    The Breen battleship spawns "Bleth Choas fighter" - that should do...not named "Breen Fighter"after all...
    The Hazari are not in the NPC space groups.

Perhaps he meant the Benthans.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Perhaps he meant the Benthans.

Probably. I wasn't at home to double check.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OOH! Nausicaans! some of their ships deploy siphon drones.

Also Orion battleships launch fighters. Not sure what the fighters are named though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Federation battleships often spawn Peregrine fighters and/or other support devices. They can also use MVAM.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OOH! Nausicaans! some of their ships deploy siphon drones.
    Just the frigates, fortunately. Cruiser groups may spawn the Guramba but I've never seen it use the javelin, and it's not like it's a common ship among players. The other Nausicaan ships are pretty generic beam/torp boats.
    Also Orion battleships launch fighters. Not sure what the fighters are named though.
    They're called Orion Interceptors IIRC.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited April 2015
    Thanks to everyone. I think there's really a lot of choice to dig into that I wasn't aware of !
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015

The Undine (spawn those giant yellowish blobs...)

OMG!!!!!

I had totally forgotten about the Undine revamp.

I used the undine a lot because I liked their yellow plasma. They were my go to for a lot enemies.

I especially liked using them for Gorn skins.

But now with the blobs.....
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]