test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Subscribing to this game is...

battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
atrocious. First, I paid you with a credit card. A credit card I have used before. It never goes right through. There's always some kind of delay... 24 hours to days.

Immediately upon renewing my subscription, instead of getting a Welcome to Star Trek Online, I get two emails telling me my Gold Subscription was canceled and one telling me my account has been modified and them telling me how great being a subscriber is.

I have no indication in the game if you have actually accepted my subscription or not. You can't even depend on the Zen stipend showing up as an indication because I won't get that until my account goes through your draconian anti-fraud system.

The last time I renewed, it did the same things. I called your billing people. They told me to wait a couple of days and call them back if it didn't go through. You know, I can walk into Office Depot and buy a laptop and walk out with it in minutes, the charges already showing on my account when I get home with it, and not having to wait days to turn it on while some whatever it is you do goes on in the background.

It's every purchase, every time since you instated this idiotic system. If you want more money in the future, I propose you do something about this mess. I'm not inclined to buy from someone who treats me like a thief.
Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
Post edited by battykoda0 on

Comments

• Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    atrocious. First, I paid you with a credit card. A credit card I have used before. It never goes right through. There's always some kind of delay... 24 hours to days.

Immediately upon renewing my subscription, instead of getting a Welcome to Star Trek Online, I get two emails telling me my Gold Subscription was canceled and one telling me my account has been modified and them telling me how great being a subscriber is.

I have no indication in the game if you have actually accepted my subscription or not. You can't even depend on the Zen stipend showing up as an indication because I won't get that until my account goes through your draconian anti-fraud system.

The last time I renewed, it did the same things. I called your billing people. They told me to wait a couple of days and call them back if it didn't go through. You know, I can walk into Office Depot and buy a laptop and walk out with it in minutes, the charges already showing on my account when I get home with it, and not having to wait days to turn it on while some whatever it is you do goes on in the background.

It's every purchase, every time since you instated this idiotic system. If you want more money in the future, I propose you do something about this mess. I'm not inclined to buy from someone who treats me like a thief.

you should dave that sub, or if you plan on playing for a long time jus outright buy a lifetime. If you and the game last longer than 2 years you will "break even" and continue to play for free. Also free zen.

Paying sub is ill advised.
  • Options
    sarge4idsarge4id Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    you should dave that sub, or if you plan on playing for a long time jus outright buy a lifetime. If you and the game last longer than 2 years you will "break even" and continue to play for free. Also free zen.

Paying sub is ill advised.

I looked at your registration date reynoldsxd and saw you joined in 2012. It's 2015 now and the games still here. At launch people said the game wouldn't last a year. After the 1 year celebration they said it wouldn't last another 2 years. Despite what people think about this game's lifetime, it keeps going. You should know this by now, that not even a parent company change or laying off devs will cause this game to go offline. Why do I seem so confident and convinced? I have 5 years (of bumpy road), to convince me that if the game was as bad as it used to be, and still survived, then with the even greater quality of the content released now will ensure it continues to run. Plus it's the only Star Trek MMO and they got us by the balls on that one.

As for the lifetime sub, I got mine before launch. That was over 5 years ago, and the only money I've spent on the game is in the zen store. If you like the game and you see yourself playing it a year to two years from now, as he said, buy a lifetime sub. Imagine how much money they would have made off us launch day lifer's if they only provided a subscription as means of gaining full access to the game. Remember, F2P didn't come out till a short while ago from my perspective. They still would have made a substantial amount of money.

I got burned out a few times and took small breaks to play other games. But I always come back here cause I love Star Trek and this is the only Star Trek MMO, and the only place I can play with friends in a Star Trek themed MMO. I've been on for the ride for years now. If vanity is one of your concerns then you've probably seen the lifetime combadge and the Career Officer. A perfect way to display your loyalty to the game (it doesn't have to be to the game owners), and that you're pro!
    "Being a troll myself, I classify this malcontent as a Type-2 Oblivious Troll. My reasons for coming to this conclusion are: The annoying colored text he deploys, the contradictory threads he creates, the excessive whining and foot stamping, the amusement factor of his threads, and the apparent lack of realization that he is in fact a troll, like me, and is not the heart broken, victimized, player, he sees himself as."
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm not saying I don't like the game... it's their shoddy system of paying for anything. I have been buying stuff from them for over 3 years. You would think that by now I could get past the frisking before I can step up to the counter to buy.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    this is why i went lts back in 2013, its just a far better deal to have. more then got the service i asked for and all im doing is waiting on each 500z payment to throw at something when it comes. i have no further need to put anything into the game at all.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sarge4id wrote: »
    I looked at your registration date reynoldsxd and saw you joined in 2012. It's 2015 now and the games still here. At launch people said the game wouldn't last a year. After the 1 year celebration they said it wouldn't last another 2 years. Despite what people think about this game's lifetime, it keeps going. You should know this by now, that not even a parent company change or laying off devs will cause this game to go offline. Why do I seem so confident and convinced? I have 5 years (of bumpy road), to convince me that if the game was as bad as it used to be, and still survived, then with the even greater quality of the content released now will ensure it continues to run. Plus it's the only Star Trek MMO and they got us by the balls on that one.

As for the lifetime sub, I got mine before launch. That was over 5 years ago, and the only money I've spent on the game is in the zen store. If you like the game and you see yourself playing it a year to two years from now, as he said, buy a lifetime sub. Imagine how much money they would have made off us launch day lifer's if they only provided a subscription as means of gaining full access to the game. Remember, F2P didn't come out till a short while ago from my perspective. They still would have made a substantial amount of money.

I got burned out a few times and took small breaks to play other games. But I always come back here cause I love Star Trek and this is the only Star Trek MMO, and the only place I can play with friends in a Star Trek themed MMO. I've been on for the ride for years now. If vanity is one of your concerns then you've probably seen the lifetime combadge and the Career Officer. A perfect way to display your loyalty to the game (it doesn't have to be to the game owners), and that you're pro!

i was here since day one, forum got converted over and join dates are not accurate. I was here when the lights lit up and ill be here when they go out. Gonna vorlon this.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I setup my credit card with PayPal and did not have a problem using my credit card for anything. The exception is one time when it seemed PayPal had server issues.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sarge4id wrote: »
    I looked at your registration date reynoldsxd and saw you joined in 2012.

dont pay any attention to join dates, that was mucked up when the original forum was closed and everything moved to a new one, this one. ive been around since the end of 2010, and others have been around a lot longer, dont presume to know with cryptic based stuff, always double check first.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Calling all whales, help keep this IP afloat for the rest of us. Thanks ;)