test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make fleets social

freezy321freezy321 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
The Starbase should be a social hub for the fleet.

Going there should not have a cooldown, leaving would still have the transwarp cooldown as normal. (Minor change)

Having an exchange at the fleet would be very welcome.

Create a way to add some cosmetic design choices to a starbase, knowing that it is all static an generic dulls the achievement.
- using the trophy system, but for a starbase instead of a ship, add a dabo table here, a dance table there, having some generic rooms to decorate would be nice (like the shops at ds9)
- quick access consoles to the vendors of other holdings

Add useful projects, not nameless tokens but something exciting for the fleet.
- minor daily fleet wide buffs for any character that does something meaningful that day.
Like a fleet activated (but personal) xp bonus pool amount.
- add a random quest dispenser (something like Borg simulations, succeed in 5 borg pve scenarios)
- buy / build random assets from the

Better fleet management interface:
- players by handle then click to see the actual toons display highest rank per stack.

So far fleets have the mega-buildings, they made it together, but the experience is now over, it's done. We need to be able to keep it fresh, usefull and even entertaining. Give us a good reason to bond with a fleet.

The more players play together, the more they engage in the game.
Post edited by freezy321 on

Comments

• freezy321freezy321 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    (Repost from other thread, reposted to consolidate my ideas)

Redesigning the fleet storage so it needs to be used less:
    - sell all items in the starbase, this also stocks the fleet stocks with provisions
    - add EC so people can sell, add vendors so people can buy

The whole thing would be magical and it's all just numbers
    It could be accurate values or simplified to tokens to be able to add some conversion fees (operating costs).
    For instance selling basic R&D materials would add basic R&D tokens to the fleet's provisions.
    Buying from a vendor uses a related token and costs some combination EC, dili or fleet creds that are then added to the fleet bank.

With the proper permissions you could set up certain conversion levels, though with the fleet bank already dispensing an allowance per day this might not be required.

This could even be exchanged for a private fleet exchange or best yet both! :D

Example:
    • Sell 300 Trionium Gas to a R&D fleet vendor
    • 300 R&D material tokens are added to the fleet storage
    • receive some EC or fleet creds from the fleetbank in exchange
    • buy Tritanium from the same vendor, uses 5 R&D material tokens from fleet and costs some EC or fleet creds which are added to the fleetbank (add an optional resource sink here)

Cryptic could add a deck to the starbase like the DS9 promenade, or add some new NPC's around the OPS deck.
    Then use fleet projects to build specific shops for specific storage.

Try to get as much of the generic stuff into these stores, it needs a place to die this is it...
    If we need generic stuff, we can then use the bones of other unwanted loot to craft it via the fleet NPC vendors (using some of the tokens / provisions).
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    But then all of the existing "social" zones will have little use. They don't want you on your individual fleet bases, they want to corral you into troll filled gold spammer zones.

Come to Eta Eridani, it has it all. K7 and Ganalda add full service bases, Drozana for the miscreants, and your fleet base not far from either.
  • geminisierrageminisierra Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    freezy321 wrote: »

Going there should not have a cooldown, leaving would still have the transwarp cooldown as normal. (Minor change)

I believe when you hit the transporter pad, you can return to ship and the warp out or use gate. Other options is you can return to sector space (from where you came to base).

I agree, would be nice to have a console that did that...
    Create a way to add some cosmetic design choices to a starbase, knowing that it is all static an generic dulls the achievement.
    - using the trophy system, but for a starbase instead of a ship, add a dabo table here, a dance table there, having some generic rooms to decorate would be nice (like the shops at ds9)

A trophy system might be a neat thing... but who's trophies get displayed?
    A dabo table might be nice... but not really,
    On the Fed bases (can't remember on the KDF), there is a project to add a DJ up by the bar...
    Other shops might be a nice touch for non-fleet things...
    The transporter (when you have the other holding at right level) will transport you to those holding and you can get to their vendors real quick.
    - minor daily fleet wide buffs for any character that does something meaningful that day.
    - add a random quest dispenser (something like Borg simulations, succeed in 5 borg pve scenarios)

useful projects?
    -minor buffs, okay, tie that to random quests. fleet complete X number of fleet quests and each member completes X number of those quests - member gains X number of fleet marks and fleet gains dil/marks/other items that go into a pool that can be used for projects. Sounds feasible...
    There's a fleet officer in the "ops" room that gives a daily mission for a small number of marks... it would be nice if there were more of those available
    - players by handle then click to see the actual toons display highest rank per stack.
    I agree... the interface needs work... especially the roster and MOTD areas...
    So far fleets have the mega-buildings, they made it together, but the experience is now over, it's done. We need to be able to keep it fresh, usefull and even entertaining. Give us a good reason to bond with a fleet.

I agree... more interaction through the fleet base and other holdings would be nice.
  • belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Doesn't Embasy Tier II unlocks the exchange for fleets?
  • bobsled624bobsled624 Member Posts: 267 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015

So, on the first one....well that's honestly the job of the fleet leader and the members.

As a role-player in a fleet setting, we continually use the Starbase as a social zone and it is, to be quite honest, where you'll find the majority of our fleet if we're not out exploring and/or running STFs.

2nd: There's an Exchange on the Fleet embassy after you unlock T2.

3rd: See point one.

4th: I like the rest, think they're good points, if a little hard to implement for a systems perspective.

Captain Mark Shranz | bIng 'aj Ro'Tal | erei'Riov Koval tr'Liun

"Your fun is not wrong" -Jeremy Randal@borticuscryptic

Proud Member of the Operational Support (Bug Hunter) Team
  • jaytay91724jaytay91724 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    These are some really GREAT ideas I totally agree with you with the vast amount of fleets on STO some unique customization options would really give fleets the ability to stand out.

What do you think about a Fleet Diplomacy system? With the number of fleets on STO there could stand to be a way for fleets to form alliances or go to war with each other I know PvP is dead in this game which is really unfortunate but fighting computer programs gets old after a while.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fleets used to be social but the reason starbases are the way they are is because of the fact they really had no purpose and most anti social trek fans like myself had to go make our own fleet before the invite blocking option was available lol. So its been done and tried before and it just ends up never working out even with social areas. The only reason people will go anywhere in this game is if its the grind they are working on and then after that they are done with it.
  • cmcgill2ndscmcgill2nds Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you are looking for a great social fleet check out any of the fleets under the Turbulent Alliance umbrella. www.turbulentalliance.com
  • rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    or add some new NPC's around the OPS deck.

Hate to disagree, but I would love to see fleet starbases as an NPC free zone. The bartenders can be holograms or self serve kiosks. When I joined my fleet I thought "wow! this place is buzzing! Little did I know, I was the only one on that base who was "real". The fleet starbase should be a place for JUST US! If it's empty when one arrives, that's fine.

Come to think of it, there are enough players to eliminate the wandering NPC's altogether.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    Oh I just made a thread suggesting the same thing almost. I would like to see a dabo table and other decorations as well to reflect each individual fleet. Deva's really would not have to offer anything as a trophy they could just do custom decorations under the special projects tab which is normally 182K dillithium. It would also be neat if we could actually fight other fleet star bases as well rather then fighting computer programs.
  • someperson22someperson22 Member Posts: 95 Arc User

I agree that the fleet needs more stuff but what would be nice if we could have EC vendor at the fleet starbase where you can sell your stuff and when you increase the lvl of your starbase the value for items go up more and more for example reach a T5 starbase and have 100% value for your stuff in your inventory. This would be great for the fleet because people can earn more EC donate more to the fleet bank and have more budget for events and do more ship give-aways or weapon.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    The walking dead...Returns!!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • rhenvar42rhenvar42 Member Posts: 84 Arc User

Going there should not have a cool-down, leaving would still have the transwarp cool-down as normal. (Minor change)

I can agree with this.

I fully support this idea.

I like the trophy room idea and I have an idea on how they could make it work. Use the accolade points that we earn in order to make trophies that could go in the trophy room, as well as make trophies that can only be obtained in special PVE's that can only be done by a team of players from one fleet as this may encourage more fleet participation.

As for the quick access, that system is pretty good.

I can go along with this, though I wish that the fleet could also have missions that would give out Lobi.
    Not sure what you are getting at here. Could you expand on this idea?

So far fleets have the mega-buildings, they made it together, but the experience is now over, it's done. We need to be able to keep it fresh, useful and even entertaining. Give us a good reason to bond with a fleet.

The trophy room may help out with that, though at the same time, that also falls on player communication. If there isn't much connecting with others in the fleet, there is no reason to engage with the fleet. (Just my two cents worth)
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    OH lovely...this post was from 2015!!!

Who keeps doing this TRIBBLE?

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    This is the STO forums, where the dead will only stay dead if a moderator puts a stake through their hearts to keep the necromancers at bay.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    And have all of a players' BOFFS visible to the fleet at the various fleet locations while that player is present (standard shore leave) to show off all the fancy outfits. Of course, this will not be a popular feature for those who hide their secret perversions and fetishes in those outfits, but funny nonetheless. I am a time traveller from the year 2015.