test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Staring at Denise Crosby?

blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
Maybe creativity is running dry that the latest episode is to stare at Denise Crosby as Sela? Ironically, she kept disappearing from cut scenes and the mission when I tried to run it.

Is that the new difficulty setting?

Ah, spell check...

bzWKpI0.jpg
Post edited by blazeritter on

Comments

• devilment666devilment666 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No, staring Denise Crosby is correct. Have you seen those eyes on the loading screen?
  • farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    To be honest, I've run that mission six times so far (alts) and haven't watched any of the cutscenes. I haven't even listened to the audio or read most of the mission text (except for "do X now" stuff). Not a very challenging difficulty setting. :P
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One thing I learned on this mission was that when you board the freighter for the first time and come to the room after the stature (and encounter Tal Shiar) you HAVE to be in the room when the last rom falls or the console won't activate... and if it doesn't, you can't continue with the misison; you'll have to beam out, beam back in and try again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    prierin wrote: »
    One thing I learned on this mission was that when you board the freighter for the first time and come to the room after the stature (and encounter Tal Shiar)
    You board the freighter only once, it doesn't contain Tal Shiar, and the place where you see the statue is on the planetoid and doesn't contain Tal Shiar either.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    prierin wrote: »
    One thing I learned on this mission was that when you board the freighter for the first time and come to the room after the stature (and encounter Tal Shiar) you HAVE to be in the room when the last rom falls or the console won't activate... and if it doesn't, you can't continue with the misison; you'll have to beam out, beam back in and try again.

Yeah I think you're confusing a bit of stuff.

Freighter has almost zero combat (well one little bit) and no consoles.

The Statue is somewhere else, that has a lot of combat but not much in the way on consoles (or any that I can think of)

The consoles are all in the third... and they are the ones that were busted but fixed-ish.
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No, staring Denise Crosby is correct. Have you seen those eyes on the loading screen?

That picture creeps me out. Creeps my wife out. Creeps out her uncle too.

I would think Denise Crosby would be less than happy with the quality of her recreation in this game (it was better for her first appearance, but they "improved it"). But perhaps not.
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    LOL... I remember staring at Denise Crosby's spread back in the day... *cough*... um... off topic...

For those of us who like the story aspects of MMOs... I didn't think it was all that bad staring at her... for the money they're probably paying her... I'm not surprised they would use her more then less... might as well get your money's worth.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    Yeah I think you're confusing a bit of stuff.
    That happens when you actually seem to take pride in not ever watching any cutscenes or reading any text. I have no idea why anyone would want to play this game without context, but...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    farranor wrote: »
    To be honest, I've run that mission six times so far (alts) and haven't watched any of the cutscenes. I haven't even listened to the audio or read most of the mission text (except for "do X now" stuff). Not a very challenging difficulty setting. :P

This is the real reason that people were burning through content so fast. Don't nerf the XP, just write better story.
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is the real reason that people were burning through content so fast. Don't nerf the XP, just write better story.

Story was great the first, maybe second time around... After that, the novelty just starts to wear off...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wasn't really keen on it. It felt like it was really only there to force the iconian plot on us, rather than giving it more chances to build over the course of season 10 or even DR. It would have worked better spreading it out than shoving it at us in a single mission. Plus the Sela lines just left a lot to be desired, both writing and delivery for this mission.