test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Teir 6 flagships retrofits

cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
I do not think we will get another 3 pack, and risk a 6 console set...

So instead I have idea to keep them at a 4-set, also allows for possible fleet skin ?

But in order to appeal to people who own any of the variants, these ships should be the first to have fully universal console slots.

Tulwar retrofit
Commaner tactical or commander tactical/com
lt com uni/com or lt com uni
lt sci
lt engi
lt uni/intel

with a 3 tact 3 sci 2 engi 2 uni console slots fleet versions would have a 3/3/3/2 layout
starship trait perfect cloak

Bortasqu' retrofit
Commander engi or Commander engi/com
lt com uni/com Or lt com uni
lt sci
lt tact
lt uni/intel

with 3 tact 2 sci 3 engi 2 uni console slots fleet versions would have a 3/3/3/2 layout
Starship trait Warrior's pride

possible make it a dreadnought cruiser instead of a gimped battlecruiser?

Odyssey retrofit
Commander engi or Commander engi/com
lt com uni/com Or lt com uni
lt sci
lt tact
lt uni/intel

with 2 tact 3 sci 3 engi 2 uni console slots fleet versions would have a 3/3/3/2 layout
Starship trait Pride of the fleet or exemplify
Post edited by cryptkeeper0 on

Comments

• oneratsonerats Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd fly that Odyssey.. maybe. The seating isn't terribly different from what we've already got, it's still 4/4, and I rather doubt they'll give us universal slots.. it'd be kinda pointless as they'd just get used as tactical slots. Still, five tac console cruiser with access to OSS would be worth looking at.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    A: "Universal" Console Slots won't work as they would probably be loaded with Tac consoles. Most people load nothing but tac consoles in their tac slots and not any universals anyways. If we have what I'll call Omni Slots (A bit of a nod to MechWarrior where Omni ports could load any type of weapon) they would have Tac consoles slapped in there so fast it might as well just have extra tac slots.
    B: The purpose of the current setup for console slots is that you have to actually think about your build.
    C: More T6 "Flagship" arguments...

I'll give you credit for original thinking on stats and not just demanding the flagship classes be upgraded wholesale. However... T6 Flagship threads are starting to get as prolific as the old Endgame Connie threads.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    A: "Universal" Console Slots won't work as they would probably be loaded with Tac consoles. Most people load nothing but tac consoles in their tac slots and not any universals anyways. If we have what I'll call Omni Slots (A bit of a nod to MechWarrior where Omni ports could load any type of weapon) they would have Tac consoles slapped in there so fast it might as well just have extra tac slots.
    B: The purpose of the current setup for console slots is that you have to actually think about your build.
    C: More T6 "Flagship" arguments...

I'll give you credit for original thinking on stats and not just demanding the flagship classes be upgraded wholesale. However... T6 Flagship threads are starting to get as prolific as the old Endgame Connie threads.

Yeah, for some sort of universal console slot to work, there'd have to be a restriction on how many Tac consoles can be mounted ship-wide... Otherwise, as you accurately stated, people would just load Tac consoles...

Perhaps a 'Utility' Console Slot, which allows only Science, Engineering or Universal consoles could be something along these lines, that could work however...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Enough scimitars in the game pls. No T6 scimitar. And reman prototype creature ship (as from a books, the scimitar from Nemesis was rebuilded jem'hadar dreadnought) was a fail to made her a romulan flagship. I think a flagship supposed to be Haakona, but she was not much popular the same as all ships from ugly oversized Ha' serie.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm well aware most people would just put tactical consoles, but that's a failing with the current skill system, gear system, and balance between the "classes". Which i hope they will resolve at some point, I'd like this one fixed before the year is up. At least made less of a thing, they have at least made science more viable with new consoles(crafting) and secondary deflectors.

@tmassx it's cool you don't like scimitars, but some of us, actually like it's design. The Haakona wasn't a 3 pack though. I like it's design too, it will likely get a T6 version too. Much like all the Teir 5 ships.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    Yeah, for some sort of universal console slot to work, there'd have to be a restriction on how many Tac consoles can be mounted ship-wide... Otherwise, as you accurately stated, people would just load Tac consoles...

Perhaps a 'Utility' Console Slot, which allows only Science, Engineering or Universal consoles could be something along these lines, that could work however...

If it's setup so that you can't have more tactical consoles than atactical tier 6 ody should have, it would be fine. For example, 3 of everything, plus 2 universal would not be OP.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png