what else to say, i got aux2damp on all time yet i get disabled all time

probably from stupid ship traits others use but still

w/e it is i shouldnt be disabled at all :mad:
Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
Post edited by nitefiuu on

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There are a variety of disables in the game, and that's unfortunate, imho - Cryptic should use specific language for specific effects and not create the confusion they so often do. It could help Cryptic look into the issue if you were to specify which disables were disabling you despite having AtD active.

You also mentioned repel...what repel is it not providing immunity to?
  • nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cant rly tell because i dont see what locks me out all the time (probably a exploit)

its like -by gfx- ionic storm except i dont get that gibberish stock in the cloud but drawing blue lines as i fly with 0 control, locked out from bridge officer skills too

like a mixture of ionic/viraltorp that is constatly on and available to use.

the other things that got my attention that viral matrix insta disabled (locking out of control, etc as above just no glue line gfx on my engines) me while i was runnning aux2damp (which is all time up&running)

whatever it is.. why aux2damp does not grant what it grants ? ? ?
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, that's where it gets into what I don't like about the use of the term for different things.

We've got Subsystem Disables.
    We've got Stun/Shock/Hold Disables.

Gets into the two skills Starship Subsystem Repair and Starship Inertial Dampers.

VM's a Subsystem Disable, so it's not going to be affected by ID and thus won't be affected by AtD. Subsystem Targeting and Phaser Procs...yadda, yadda, yadda.

Then there are things like Photonic Shockwave, Nadeon boosted Torps, Trics, Web Mines.

Ionic would fall into the latter. Load Viral Torp oddly enough falls into the latter (something else I'm not a fan of...since it just adds to the confusion; Viral Matrix and Load Viral Torp being two different types of disables).

There is also that new disable from Gather Intel, something that can be dropped out instantly if somebody lands a hit with either the Phaser or Plasma Lance consoles (meh, there's no Disruptor variant to do that - KDF went from the ignored younger child to the ignored middle child, which imho just made being ignored as the younger child that much worse upon reflection).

It's hard to tell at times what's broken, not working as intended, better than, worse than, etc, etc, etc...and imho, the whole CC thing needs a bit of a balance pass/revamp.
    edited March 2015
    forgot to mention ive got enginering team to get back subsystem offlines but it has no affect or wat so eva, everything stays offline

(odly enough only this BO skill stays available to use during these "exploits")
    edited March 2015
    nitefiuu wrote: »
    forgot to mention ive got enginering team to get back subsystem offlines but it has no affect or wat so eva, everything stays offline

ET's another one of those trippy things...in that it should clear VM, and sometimes does - but has a Hell of a time with DOFF'd VM. But it's an ability that can be used to clear things like the disable from Web Mines.

It's one of the things depending on what disables were lumped at somebody, they could ET->HE and be good for a few seconds until the next batch came in.
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2015

And to explain things in more meta terms, there are two classes of "disables" in he game. There are debuff effects, such as subsystem disables or Jam Sesors, which are the result are specific abilities. These debuffs are cleared by clear by certain other abilities. Ad one doesn't get immunities to the debuffs unless you are affected by them. The devs generally give you are period of immunity so you are chained debuffed.

So powers like Haazard Emitters and the Team abilities will clear various types of debuffs.

And the other class of disables are called Crowd Control abilities. In MMORPGS these are effecs which will snares (Pin you in place but able to act), slows (which slow you movement), repel/attract (pull or push you from a given point), stun (can't act but can move), holds (can't act and can't move), and fragile holds (can't act/move but taking damage will reduce the duration). Crowd Control abiities can be quite powerful and developers (all) tend to give ways to break the CC power or give immunities to them.

Aux to Dampeners is one of the powers which gives immunities or resistance (reduces magnitude) to various Crowd Control abilities.

The Cryptic designers use the various effects to create the various game powers. The bad things is that some effects can seems to be the same effect. But under the cover they are built differently. And it takes a bit of learning are to chat game abilities/powers will give relief from the effects of debuffs and Crowd Control.
    edited March 2015
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    For Engineering Team to be effedtive vs Viral Matrix, you have to wait until the VM beam effect finishes. If you use it before ET wil not clear the VM debuff.

lolz but ET says repairs disabled thus offline sub-systems for 5 seconds
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lolz but ET says repairs disabled thus offline sub-systems for 5 seconds

True ET will repair a single subsystem of the 3 that VM will take down. But I wasn't talking about that.

ET can cleanse the entire VM debuff. But not if you fire off ET before VM beam ends. Otherwise you get the initial subsystem back online and you are face two more subsystem disables and you ETs are on cooldown.