test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T6 Presidio BC: A start...

crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Federation Discussion
Here's what I've got for a start on my brand new T6 Presidio...

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=crm14916t6presidiobc_5163

Nothing in there but the ship build so far...

:)
CM
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
Post edited by crm14916 on

Comments

• Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't know much about the commander abilities except that reroute power from life support is not good, you get more power but doesn't break cap and puts all abilities into longer CD and there is no ability counter like using engineering team for override subsystem safeties.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Oh, nice... Thanks for the heads up on that Life Support issue, as well as the ET substitute...

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Going through Command Abilities, I have found 2 that are really worth taking. Overwhelm Emitters, which I feel is the best Command Ability and Suppression Barrage. Beyond that, I don't touch the other ones, they just aren't worth sacrificing regular Engineering abilities in order to get them.

Play with them a bit and see what you like, but just because you're flying a 'Command Cruiser' doesn't mean you need to take all Command Abilities. Especially Reroute Power from Life Support, that one flat out sucks. :D
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As mentioned, Overwhelm Emitters and Suppression Barrage are the most worthwhile Command Abilities.

Rally Point, Concentrate Firepower and Ambush Marker have their uses in specific situations as well. (Ambush Marker is actually pretty nice at Federation and Romulan objectives in the Undine Battlezone.)

I haven't gotten around to re-evaluating Call Emergency Artillery, but the rest are extremely situational and I don't recommend them for general purpose.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Sweet, very happy with the feedback! Thanks to all for your suggestions!!!

CM
  • Options
    karlbarbkarlbarb Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Honestly, the defense platform that comes with the Presidio is really not that that great. It's also mine based, which means you need to do flybys with your ship to take advantage of it or it'll just sit there in space (mines don't track that far).

I would recommend just dumping it and replacing it with another damage boosting tac console. It'll be much better bang for your buck.

Now if you had the other command ship consoles, it would be a different story.

And as others have mentioned, get Suppression Barrage. It's just that good.

Overwhelm Emitters is also very good, but is a bit wasted if you're not targeting something big, like the Unimatrix command ship. Other ships die too fast most of the time for you to see a noticeable boost in your shield strength as you would from one of the bigger longer to kill targets.

As others have said, don't use reroute power from life support. The tradeoff is too great and even the devs are looking into changing it to make it more useful. Concentrate Firepower is very good in team play if you have a team that have torpedoes that aren't completely useless against shields. Your grav torp, for example, would work well with it. Same with the undine and delta torps. Only thing is that, I believe, it shares a cooldown with your other torp tac abilities, so it's best to just stick to using it in a team. And Subspace Interception is solely for saving a dying team mate. It's far too situational if you ask me.
  • Options
    wen1503wen1503 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A few misconceptions above. The defense platform doesn't move, dump it out next to a big target or targets. And don't put it in a tac console slot ever. It also boost mines and torps by 25 percent.

Overwhelm emitters doesn't require a big target, it's a function of how much damage your doing. Shielded target or not you will get stronger shields and the target weaker ones. You even get a shield boost from the entity in CC. If your target dies while it's still running the ability moves to the next target. I'm fairly sure bfaw also works but may be wrong on that one. Don't have a parse to prove it. Emitters 3 does 20 percent. That's a huge plus to your shields. Borg tachyon beams are not an issue...
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Personally, I prefer the console from the Concorde (Fleet Support Platform) and find it the most useful. It dispatches a small probe that follows you around and provides a substantial buff to not only your shields, but the shields of those around you. It also provides a passive bonus to Hull HP. The Presidio console is ok, but to me just isn't really worth it.

I strongly agree with everyone else tough, that you should not have that console occupying one of your Tactical Slots. You definitely want to devote all 4 Tactical Console slots to Vulnerability Locators.

My suggestion: Your Presidio and Samsar console give you a 2 piece RCS Bonus. I would move your Presidio (or whatever other command console you use) up to Engineering in place of the current RCS Console. Then use the freed up Tactical Console slot for a 4th locator console.
    wen1503 wrote: »
    Overwhelm emitters doesn't require a big target, it's a function of how much damage your doing. Shielded target or not you will get stronger shields and the target weaker ones. You even get a shield boost from the entity in CC. If your target dies while it's still running the ability moves to the next target.

Yes, to all this. The other nice thing is it has a very short cool down so you get a lot of use out of it. Overwhelm Emitters is my favorite Command ability by far.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    wen1503 wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure bfaw also works but may be wrong on that one. Don't have a parse to prove it. .

Would be interested on whether anyone can confirm or deny this. I think it makes a big difference concerning the usability of this build.