test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Massive Performance Issues Since Today's Patch

battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I am not even sure how to report this. It's literally everything in the game from the the load screen forward.
  • Doff Missions taking minutes to populate the page.
  • Textures loading extremely slow.
  • Crashing when going to or beaming out of DS9.
  • Sluggish screens.
  • Slow response to buttons, all buttons - not limited to the tray issues.

What I have done...
  • I defragged even though it didn't really need it. Fragmentation was about 2%.
  • Cleared temporary files and system caches.
  • Checked my connection via speedtest.net and pingtest.net.

The worst of it is that I can literally watch the world draw on a map change like it is in slow motion. It was not doing any of this when I logged off this morning.

EDIT: Additional information

FPS drops to 0 upon interaction with any menu.
Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
Post edited by battykoda0 on

Comments

• battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Narrowing it done some moving around (between crashes on map changes).

This is only happening in areas with Omega Particles. Maybe it will be gone when the event ends.
  • aceofspades99999aceofspades99999 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi All,

this of course is the wrong venue to post this, but since even sto's reply to a forum sucks the sweat off of a dead mans balls i will post my 5 years of grief here. Yes ladies it's been five years and even after all of the beating's, like you,k iv'e stuck around. The euro players will ***** at this post good and proper right away because after all, it rains there constantly so they have nothing else better to do then to stay in doors and write **** on their 4000 dollar gaming rigs. The point is after all of the abuse like being beat'n down like a south LA *****, i want to walk away from this nightmare of a game. I am proud, very proud that I have a life and don't feel the need to dump money that most people feel is a toilet of a game. It's not hard, just ask most of your dead podcasts that aren't around anymore. Your buddy Geko or whatever that morons name is,has FUBAR'd this game. I'm not sorry who i offended because they sure as hell don't. These TRIBBLE holes need to be in an uimployment line, not making games. Good luck whales and your joke called "pvp" cya enjoying wing commander..again lol **** you! CRAPTIC!!
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Game Client crash is back in this patch. :(
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi All,

this of course is the wrong venue to post this, but since even sto's reply to a forum sucks the sweat off of a dead mans balls i will post my 5 years of grief here. Yes ladies it's been five years and even after all of the beating's, like you,k iv'e stuck around. The euro players will ***** at this post good and proper right away because after all, it rains there constantly so they have nothing else better to do then to stay in doors and write **** on their 4000 dollar gaming rigs. The point is after all of the abuse like being beat'n down like a south LA *****, i want to walk away from this nightmare of a game. I am proud, very proud that I have a life and don't feel the need to dump money that most people feel is a toilet of a game. It's not hard, just ask most of your dead podcasts that aren't around anymore. Your buddy Geko or whatever that morons name is,has FUBAR'd this game. I'm not sorry who i offended because they sure as hell don't. These TRIBBLE holes need to be in an uimployment line, not making games. Good luck whales and your joke called "pvp" cya enjoying wing commander..again lol **** you! CRAPTIC!!

Ur jealous of 4k gaming rigs? Poor broke American, how's ur tent?
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi All,

snip...*harsh rant*

ummm ... thanks for sharing? Now...shall we talk about what you're really angry about?

EDIT: Oh and for the record, UK here and the sun is shining beautifully, no rain at all :D Oh...and the currency here is the Pound Sterling, not Dollars.
    server_hamster6.png
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I've had so many CTDs since the patch yesterday it's getting ridiculous...

Also, the lag in missions like FFA is insane. Worse than I've seen in a long time.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited February 2015
    When I open inventory or the character screen, it claims 1 fps but it's actually 1 frame (now a solid black one) for up to 2 minutes. Beaming out of anywhere hangs the client for up to 5 or more minutes. Warping into a patrol might be quick or it could hang. In CCA, the game world stopped refreshing and when it came back, I was nose first into the planet - it was literally 1 frame about every 2 minutes.

I admit I don't have a rig like the dude above was ranting about but it has played STO just fine the past year at a decent frame rate (so long as I don't go nuts on the anti-aliasing near eject warp plasma). I can only speak for my own age here but watching the screen load reminds me of the good old days of 1200 baud modems, huge images, and line noise. You can literally watch static graphics loading a couple of scanlines at a time. Note, this is ONLY happening in STO.
    edited February 2015
    Watching Task Manager on a second screen, the gameclient.exe is "Not Responding" during every one of these hangs.