test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What I would do with PvP

sirsitsalotsirsitsalot Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
PvP is so badly broken and unbalanced in this game it is pathetic. So what would I do to fix PvP?

First of all, I would remove PvE from the equation and make PvP a fully independent aspect of the game. No Power Creep

All factions represented in the game (PC and NPC) would be available for PvP.

If I log in for a PvP session, I choose the faction I want to play. I choose the ship I want to fly. I choose the ground class I want to play. I chose the difficulty I want. I choose the campaign I want to play in (defensive or offensive), and I play.

Ground gear and ship equipment would be based on my level within the faction and the ship/ground class I have chosen. As I level within a faction, more ship and ground classes unlock.

Available campaigns would be based on level and chosen faction.

Each of the above selections would have an "I Don't Care" choice. Selecting that will move the player into the first active campaign.

Since nothing we do in PvE would influence PvP, and vice versa, the power creep issue would be eliminated. PvP can actually be balanced, and with the ability to pick a faction and go at it, then it should be pretty fun and engaging.
"There can be no meeting of the minds between two parties
if both parties are not willing to meet in the middle."
-Ambassador Samuel J. Stone
Post edited by sirsitsalot on

Comments

• Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you just pull "Tractor beam" from the mix, you will disable all current PvP builds.
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They have a hard enough time managing one set of code.

The resources to split the two simply don't exist.
  • Options
    stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I wish there were many solutions to the myriad problems in this game.

In fact, I wish there was more game than problems - but the sad fact is that as others have posted on these forums, it's Star WRECK Online.

They added a Star Trek skin to an engine that was NEVER supposed to do what STO is doing. That's only the first part of the problem.

Add to that that it appears very obvious that they don't understand or know their own code, they don't know how to fix it and, more importantly, when they say, "Only X number of people are experiencing the issue so we're not going to fix it," they just don't care.

There's no way to fix PvP or anything else in this game, and I truly, honestly and deeply wish they'd just let it die.

Every day PWE and Cryptic keep STO alive is another insult to Star Trek.
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would do the same with pvp as was done with exploration :D