test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gotham: next villain is "no joke"

steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
edited February 2015 in Ten Forward
The trailer for the next episode of Gotham teases that the next villain is "no joke".

Cameron Monaghan guest stars in a role that might turn out to be the Joker. I say "might" because, as some fans have noted, showrunner Bruno Heller has suggested they'll put several possibilities out there to tease the fans. At least one was already done: a struggling comic auditioning for Fish Mooney. (One alert fan noted last month that they heard the Joker laugh in Arkham during the riot that Gordon had to deal with.) Last month Heller stated that they'd do just a little bit, "scratch the surface" on a Joker origin before the end of the season. As another fan stated, Heller spearheaded the Mentalist, putting twists and turns into the Red John story to keep people guessing. It is likely we'll see such here.
Post edited by steamwright on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Or maybe it'll be Jack Napier. An eccentric, but vicious criminal who refers poisons to traditional weapons.

IE, tell the story of the Joker, before he became the Joker.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I completely forgot Gotham was still on, I haven't seen an episode since Christmas :D.

Is it getting any better?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited February 2015
    "Getting any better" would be a matter of preference. That said, I think it is picking up steam. Since Christmas we've had major developments in Penguin, Carmine Falcone, Marone, and Fish Mooney. Riddler's story has progressed some, Harvey is showing a bit more spine, and continues to be funny. Gordon is in a new relationship with a canonical character who has joined the cast. A couple of the canonical villains have joined the storyline (Electrocutioner, Jonathan Crane). Selena had a few strong episodes, and has blended back into the shadows for the moment. Alfred is demonstrating a steel-in-velvet approach towards raising Bruce.

I know of one episode that folks felt was poorly done, but otherwise, I think the series is progressing nicely. One thing that could derail the series, however, is if the big four crime lord continue their dance around each other without permanent consequences. Currently, they all remain alive & kicking, positions and properties change hands, sometimes dramatically, but could easily change back given the right circumstances. Something will need to give, permanently, or it will wear on the audience's suspension of belief. I think in my own case, I need to see the GPD begin to come around to Gordon's viewpoint. Currently, they're shamed into tolerating his unyielding enforcement of the law, with only his captain and Bullock seemingly making progess towards being the crusaders for justice and reform, and even they blanch at times still.