test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

6th Anniversary Predictions

tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
With all that has happened this year good and bad, I would like to see what predictions people have? I took a look at what Cryptic liked for its statistics and wonder if it will have an up trend like it has or a downward trend. So here are mine, add yours if you want....

3.8 million captains
51% are tac
28% are eng
21% are sci

The 3.8 million is based upon people playing and having alternate captains.
Sure but how many are being played? This is the question that the new year will need to ask.
With 90 levels added, yes I said 90 not 10. I say 90 because there are now 140 levels including specialization to max out a captain now.

Now this was great when you only had 50 levels and you could level pretty quickly and then try a different captain and even a different faction, and see what you liked best. I no longer see that, as it will take way too long to level a captain now, maybe never if they keep adding more specializations. So basically new players will have to pick a captain type and just hope they like it before they've spent too much time with it.
1) Science captains will go down the most few will be played, or created.
2) tac captains will be about 70-80% of the captains played.
3)Federation will go up from 73% being played to close to 90% by next year. They just have way too much new stuff.
4)425 playable ships, not anymore as actual playable ones will go down. The recent expansion to make fleet versions of lower tier ones to be played is now gone and useless to spend money on I think. Just to upgrade to T5U and buy a fleet ship isn't worth the cost. Playing a ship design you liked is gone.
5) 25,040 fleets in service...wow nice number. But with all the new dilithium sink, most fleets are having trouble. The equipment they offer is now no longer end game. Most fleets have less people on, and now dilithium will be even harder to fill for projects. A combined fleet might be a nice fix, but I don't see that happening.
Post edited by tigercatgirl on

Comments

• Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As good as it is to see someone this enthusiastic about STO, I suspect this thread will soon be overrun by trolls with nothing better to do but deride Cryptic and making claims that STO won't last until it's 6th anniversary...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i will be surprised and pleased to see a 6th anniversary.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Another grindiversary ship, party popper, and the holographic decorations altered to say 06 instead of 05.

Also the STO forums full of people saying the game will never make it to a 7th anniversary.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    rickdias5500rickdias5500 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Zug-Zug!!!
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cool post OP but is hard to predict. 9 out of 10 peeps I know are unhappy with STO after DR while it was the other way around b4 DR.

The well documented disappointment about this game in this forum alone makes me indeed wonder about a 6th anniversary, yet your figures feel accurate.

It should be pointed out that despite every nerf, demand increase, bug and quality misery this game has unleashed upon its players the past moths they still stick around and population seems up, presumably due to the event gated infrastructure.

In my opinion Cryptic/PWE enjoys having the most loyal costumers I ever witnessed. I wish I could say they earned that by the way they treat them.

Everything is possible.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated