What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The STO Amusing Moments Picture Thread

Comments

• Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nah, I made my own. It was easier when I realized that the one you used was a mixture of Lokirrim and Iconian letters. NONE of the characters I used are actually my creation. all are derived from Lokirrim and Iconian, although in some cases it was indirectly derived via the text you used. For example: the character I used for Q is not in Iconian or the text you used, but is in Lokirrim. I kept whatever letter assignments you used, and tossed stuff in arbitrarily to fill the gaps.

Well, that explains some of the oddities I encountered when I tried to translate it... :o
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Well, that explains some of the oddities I encountered when I tried to translate it... :o
    what translator did you use?

In case you're curious I used a letter frequency analysis to figure it out. Remember the RSTLNE from Wheel of Fortune? Yeah, those are the 5 most commonly used consonants and the most commonly used vowel.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    what translator did you use?

In case you're curious I used a letter frequency analysis to figure it out. Remember the RSTLNE from Wheel of Fortune? Yeah, those are the 5 most commonly used consonants and the most commonly used vowel.

Aside from the font I used, there was also script information gathered from production artwork used for the shows. The result was:

Quiver before the
    power that crushed the
    _arada t_on and _edan

I'm going to assume that t_on is Tkon?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Aside from the font I used, there was also script information gathered from production artwork used for the shows. The result was:

Quiver before the
    power that crushed the
    _arada t_on and _edan

I'm going to assume that t_on is Tkon?
    Jarada Tkon and Zedan

:D

Oohhh I like the Syllabry. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here are all of my funny ones...a couple of these are bugs, and a couple of them were just weird/funny.

screenshot_2013-04-13-21-17-06_zpswfcn0w7h.jpg

Oops...bad load in!

screenshot_2013-11-16-23-43-50_zpslmv4ygf0.jpg

screenshot_2013-11-16-23-46-03_zps4y8mqmkk.jpg

My reaction to those two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgkP-f1Fqpo

screenshot_2013-06-12-22-56-39_zpshisagizp.jpg

The name on this toon was Emo of Borg. Hats off to whoever made that...gave me such a laugh!

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    screenshot_2014-12-08-22-58-05_zpsnwp13u87.jpg

Another glitched but supremely awesome beam-in, at ESD. Glad I took a screenshot because the instant I moved, I fell for a really long time through the floor and respawned in the right area.

screenshot_2013-05-26-17-01-02_zpsjfqz1ybo.jpg

"I've got an ATTITUDE, and I'm not afraid to use it!" Believe it or not, that guy looking right at the camera in the burgundy outfit is Tovan Khev. Basically my take on the character. Metrosexual, doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks about how he wears his hair, how he's dressed, also doesn't care about anyone's smart-aleck comments and nasty innuendos about a Romulan serving under a Reman woman, and generally says what's on his mind, damn the Torpedo Spread III, full speed ahead.

screenshot_2014-12-09-20-18-31_zpsta125prr.jpg

Alyosha (in his natural form) having fun in the Winter Wonderland--after all, Q's going to wipe everyone's memories of the place, right? Somehow though, skating managed to turn into a really awesome flying scene when an optical illusion gave the appearance of a MUCH higher altitude. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-pX7sIjFY (<--MAN, that brings back memories...)

screenshot_2014-12-09-20-40-29_zps80uhcg5f.jpg

Wow. That's some nerve. Alyosha actually tried to get Q to give him the Bro Fist. O_O

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Aaand one last one...

screenshot_2015-02-21-00-00-01_zpsrixsfgy2.jpg

You have GOT to be kidding me! That's just outside the Exchange/Bank room on ESD, in that shuttlebay area that you can't get to. O_O

And even though the lighting in the background area is a normal part of the map, it makes it look like there's even ANOTHER one way deep in the bay just out of sight even FURTHER out of reach!

• Options
    edited February 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    Aaand one last one...

screenshot_2015-02-21-00-00-01_zpsrixsfgy2.jpg

You have GOT to be kidding me! That's just outside the Exchange/Bank room on ESD, in that shuttlebay area that you can't get to. O_O

And even though the lighting in the background area is a normal part of the map, it makes it look like there's even ANOTHER one way deep in the bay just out of sight even FURTHER out of reach!
    you can get there, there's a giant door next to the UFP logo.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    You know, I had never actually gone into that area until you mentioned it. O_O

It's still funny though how there appears to be an Omega particle in the FAR back area of the room too, where you definitely can't go ;)

• Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Those Devidian screenshots were pretty nicely done. :D

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Inappropriate touching of a miner.

-
    InappropriateTouchingofaMiner-001.jpg
    -
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    "Captain's Log Stardate 280224.8

TO: Vice Admiral Telran Vroon
    Commander Star Fleet Engineeing
    Star Fleet Engineering, Starbase Zeta

Experimental Warp Drive needs further testing. Engineers full report to follow.

-
    NewWarpDriveneedsmoretesting-001.jpg
    -
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    "Captain's Log Stardate 280224.8

TO: Vice Admiral Telran Vroon
    Commander Star Fleet Engineeing
    Star Fleet Engineering, Starbase Zeta

Experimental Warp Drive needs further testing. Engineers full report to follow.

-
    NewWarpDriveneedsmoretesting-001.jpg
    -

Heh, I had one like this where I stuck my Samsar's nose into the Japori star.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Heh, I had one like this where I stuck my Samsar's nose into the Japori star.

Are you talking about something like this?
    -
    Intoodeep-001.jpg

Yeah, sector objects are easy.

That one that makes my ship look as if it is on the stocks for punishment, happened when I had to quit the game suddenly ( to go pick up the wife ) and when I got back in about a half hour later, she was stuck ( my ship, not my wife ).

Try taking your Miranda class out to do the same thing. When I tried it, my ship looked like it was trying to hug the star. :D

I forgot to get a cap when I did it or I would have posted that by now.
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    screenshot_2013-10-18-14-15-10_2_zps1288cf5b.jpg

Reasons why Tovan Khev is a bad transporter chief.

screenshot_2014-06-04-17-15-24_zps727fcb1e.jpg

Apparently the founder 'Made a wrong turn' on the way back to the gamma quadrant.

(I wish I could remember who made this toon but I tip my hat to em.)
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Actually, I made a more direct approach. It literally jammed its nose into the core of the star.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Those Devidian screenshots were pretty nicely done. :D

Thanks. :)

The flying one was at least partially intentional. The Q Bro Fist pic was definitely an accident when I was just messing with emotes.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    astro2244 wrote: »

screenshot_2014-06-04-17-15-24_zps727fcb1e.jpg

Apparently the founder 'Made a wrong turn' on the way back to the gamma quadrant.

(I wish I could remember who made this toon but I tip my hat to em.)

Are you certain that it's not another Shape-shifting species trying to imitate a Founder? :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Are you certain that it's not another Shape-shifting species trying to imitate a Founder? :)
    It's probably an Allasomorph :P Or maybe one of the FGC 47 life forms.... :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    It's probably an Allasomorph :P Or maybe one of the FGC 47 life forms.... :D

It could also be a hologram from that long dead race from the NG ep. - The Chase. The race was referred to only as the Humanoid Progenitor ( played by Salome Jens who also, later, played the Founder's leader ).

This was the Next Gen explanation as to why every alien, up till then, had all (or most) of the main human racial traits. As in, Two eyes, two ears, two arms, two legs etc. Which was a bit better than TOS explanation for why so many straight up humans had been found out in the galaxy on unexplored planets, episode after episode. They eventually said it was due to The Preservers.

I did not move fast enough to get a cap, but somewhere out there is an alien that looks a lot like this guy.
    -
    megamind-art.jpg
    -
    I was laughing to hard to even think about tapping the [ prt sc ] key. I was kicking myself after he ran off 'cause it would have been a great get for this thread. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    HEhe, I remember a guy who patterned his character on the great Gazoo. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    HEhe, I remember a guy who patterned his character on the great Gazoo. :P

Voiced by Harvey Korman. And I was just watching a clip with him and Tim Conway from the Carol Burnett Show. Best, silliest, show ever on American TV. :D

IMHO
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Haha, I've seen Megamind in-game too. :D

• Options
    edited March 2015
    ... it's a pickle.
    -
    PickleTorp-001.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ... it's a pickle.
    -
    PickleTorp-001.jpg

A pickle? :confused:

• Options
    edited March 2015
    A pickle? :confused:
    the torpedo itself. It's a bit yellow, but Cucumbers DO naturally turn yellow as they ripen. Stores like them green since they keep better that way, but they're still edible after they turn yellow. Actually, they taste somewhat better then too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I was just walking through the Academy grounds, on my way to get some quick Dil from Commander Viala, when a spotted a dead player. So I stopped and raised him and then kept walking. I take the test, get the Dil only then did I spot this in my chat window.

Deathbecomeyou-001.jpg

Seriously, I thought I was helping. Lesson learned. See a dead body.... Leave it!
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    See a dead body.... Leave it!

Sage words IRL and in-game :P
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Mommy... Space is lookin' at me again!
    -
    Spaceislookingbackatme-001.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    did you find one of the places where it sings to you? :P

yes, some things in deep space have interesting noises.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing