test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Doff assignments vanishing?

shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I'm in the habit of making sure all my duty officer assignment slots (and research school slots, these days) are filled for as much time as I can manage - this involves me checking before I log off each character that there are no slots free.

However, when I logged in today, I found discrepancies on every character I've got. The first one (where I'd bought the additional slots from the Embassy, so had 23 available) was showing 2 in progress and 19 completed, so that means 2 assignments just - disappeared. Logging in on other characters, I found at least one assignment gone on all but one of them. (The most common result was 18 completed, 1 still in progress, out of 20 slots.)

I know I'm not perfect, and I make allowances for the possibility that I'm misremembering or misclicking, but I find it hard to believe that I'm making that many mistakes in one day.

It seems to me that something is going on, here, and it may need looking into. I guess it might simply be a reporting bug (the mission is completed and I get the benefits, but it doesn't show up in the list for some reason), but, even so, I think it needs checking out.

I've submitted a bug report in-game, of course, but thought a bit more visibility might help. Has anyone else noticed any issues along these lines? Is it a problem already known to the devs?
8b6YIel.png?1
Post edited by shevet on

Comments

• shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    OK, I took a couple of screenshots which show the problem.

Here's me just about to log out on Pexlini@shevet, with 20 doff assignments running: Image 1.

Here's me logging back in on the same character, just over an hour later: Image 2.

As you can see, that one has 12 assignments running, 6 completed, and 2 empty slots. So... what happened to empty those two slots, while I was logged out? I really think this needs looking at.
    8b6YIel.png?1
    edited February 2015
    OK, I just logged in as Ronnie@shevet, and found I was one mission out, and I thought I knew which one... but I found it as a failure in the assignment log.

Is it possible, then, that missions which have completed unsuccessfully aren't showing up in the completion log? It might account for the observable discrepancy. (Or it might not. Further investigation is obviously needed!)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • cronos722cronos722 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have noticed the missing missions also.

What I do know.

1. Does not seem to be limited to specific missions.
    2. Seems to happen with failure of mission.
    3. Does not show in completing log.
    4. Has been occurring since before Doff revamp.
    5. Will show in assignments until completion then disappear.
    6. I Started noticing this around the time the Dilithium Mine was introduced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've noticed it and it's usually with those that fail
  • glykenglyken Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I might have this too- noticed all my characters were a few assignments short of full when I logged them in but thought I may have just been lax prior to logout and not filled all slots. I'll keep an eye on this and confirm/deny later.
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    shevet wrote: »
    OK, I just logged in as Ronnie@shevet, and found I was one mission out, and I thought I knew which one... but I found it as a failure in the assignment log.

Is it possible, then, that missions which have completed unsuccessfully aren't showing up in the completion log? It might account for the observable discrepancy. (Or it might not. Further investigation is obviously needed!)

It's this. If a mission fails, now, it just vanishes, doesn't show up in the completion log at all. It should still show up in the assignment log however.
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    this has been happening for some time. Ive noticed it off an on since we got the new UI but it was never a big enough issue to worry about or track.

Just doing a thought experiment....since Doffs are always unslotting from active slots could it be related to doffs getting sent on assignment and the reverting to active duty when you log out

The only time I have actually noticed this for sure is when doing something like Cell Ship missions that take a bit more effort than just clicking in sector so I actually remember taking the mission
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fathom3fathom3 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have noticed this also. Over multiple characters, Fed, KDF, Fromulan and Kromulans. I have not noticed any failed missions though when this happens. Mission interval doesn't seem to make a difference either.
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yep, similar issues. I KNOW I ran a few specific DOFF missions last night that aren't showing up in my completed tab. Now this wouldn't be a huge issue if they'd at least show up in the Log as failed assignments, but they don't. I even turned on "System" chat which tells you Asignment blah blah is completed, and it didn't even show all the assignments.

This worries me because if they don't at least show up in the log, how am I supposed to know if they were even finished? I would really like Cryptic to show us how many "Known Issues" are really in the game. Seriously, they can probably give us a huge list if they did with how many issues I've been noticing.
  • darin73darin73 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes, I've had the same problem on multiple toons over the last few days, que up the full amount of doff missions(20,21 or 22 etc) but when i log in to that toon the next day i can have anywhere from 1 to 4 assignment slots open. So some of the assignments i qued have just dissappeared.
    i know you might miss the odd one here and there but not across 10 toons would i leave multiple slotsnot filled.
    edited February 2015
    I saw something that might be related, earlier today (about twenty minutes before maintenance).

I happened to have the assignments window open when one completed, and I watched it go to "An assignment is in the process of being completed right now" - and then to "You have no completed assignments at this time".

The assignment had failed - I'm wondering if it's simply not recording failures, now. It would be nice to have some confirmation of this, though.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    I've verified this happening. I started 20 assignments and forced them all to complete as failures and only had 17 left. Now comes the fun part of trying to track down if this is particular assignments that are affected, or if it's more random.
    STO QA Team
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've verified this happening. I started 20 assignments and forced them all to complete as failures and only had 17 left. Now comes the fun part of trying to track down if this is particular assignments that are affected, or if it's more random.

That's curious...I haven't seen a single failed assignment since the Anniversary patch. Usually will have between 1-5 that disappear, but had just assumed them to be failures since I no longer saw failures (okay, it was pointed out to me in the other thread that's likely what was going on - so I continued along under that assumption).

I mainly run Marauding, Science, Operations, Engineering, Military...not much in the way of Science nor Tactical. I don't run any assignments over 8 hours.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Wow, I thought I was just losing my mind. I kept thinking I was missing assignments when I logged back in, just one or two here and there across my toons but I thought I must have been imagining it. Glad I'm not going senile just yet.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • methos5kmethos5k Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just wanted to share my opinion on this topic..

If it can be assured that only failed missions disappear, I think that would be a great feature :)
    It's a relief to not have to click them; I thought it was a bonus :)
  • sthraxpwesthraxpwe Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2015

This has been happening to me as well. I've filed a bug report on it, but in the interest of you tracking this down, I can with 100% certainty tell you that the 2 Mining missions from the Fleet Dilithium Mining Facility do this. If they fail, they do not ever show up in the completed assignments tab. This has happened on all 6 characters that run the assignments daily, and every time they fail, they do do not show up. As others have noted, this has been occurring since the first Anniversary update.
  • glykenglyken Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    another thread on it:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1367101

and to shamelessly quote myself from that thread:
    For me it's definitely the failed assignments that go missing. If failed ones are still showing up in your lists, are they failures where you lose doffs? or where they get sent to sickbay? Or unprofitable trades where you still get *something* back?

Not sure how I feel about this. It seems wrong, but since it's been happening, my assignments move to the completed list about 10 times quicker than they used to. No more waiting around on login for assignments/R&D projects to complete, Yay!
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hmm, because of my erratic play, I couldn't confirm this happening for my chars.

When it comes to possibilities after this bug is hunted down and fixed, let me say this:
    While there is some logic in having failures not appear, there are still a couple assignements that still reward some items despite failing (Rulian Mazan from Temporal anomaly for one). And also seeing a failed assignement serves as a confirmation of you having started it and thus being on cooldown (where applicable and when not using more advanced assignement tracking).
    It would be unwise to make failures not appear, then.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    I've not been able to reproduce this with Critical Success or Successful assignments, only failures have produced this issue. I've written up the bug and sent it on.

Thanks for the help tracking this down.
    STO QA Team
  • cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wow, I thought I was just losing my mind. I kept thinking I was missing assignments when I logged back in, just one or two here and there across my toons but I thought I must have been imagining it. Glad I'm not going senile just yet.

You and me both my friend. I have been losing two doff missions on eachalt for the past week cannot tell you if it was happening before.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This may or may not be related, but - is the time delay DOFF missions finishing gone?

I had the impression that they were at least done faster than before. And not the way they were sped up lately by being finished in groups of 3.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've not been able to reproduce this with Critical Success or Successful assignments, only failures have produced this issue. I've written up the bug and sent it on.

Thanks for the help tracking this down.

Have you tried reproducing the bug with disasters?
    This may or may not be related, but - is the time delay DOFF missions finishing gone?

I had the impression that they were at least done faster than before. And not the way they were sped up lately by being finished in groups of 3.

People have been reporting the same thing in the thread below. I also suspect that the removal of the delay may be related. Can we get confirmation on whether the delay was intentionally removed?

Did they remove any assignments or just a quirk?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • grishgartgrishgart Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have the same problem here. The "Extract Colossal Dilithium Ore Deposits" assignement was missing on two or three characters today. It may happen with other assignements, too.