test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ship Slots and Claiming Zen Ships

griftimusgriftimus Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Academy
Before some of you decide to troll this post and point out the search function please note I have already used the search function (and google) to try and find the answer to these two questions.

1. What is the maximum number of ships that one player can have (free slots + purchased slots)

Is the rumored 48? Correct?

2. What is the maximum number of times that a zen ship can be reclaimed before you have to rebuy it?

I remember reading/hearing 10 times per ship... but can't find this anywhere to confirm..
Post edited by griftimus on

Comments

• lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ah yes. A smart person who knew about the Enterprise beams. :D

But as for the limit, there isn't any limit for how many times you can claim the ships. And the maximum number of slots all depends on how many slots you buy.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just so we're all clear, infinite reclaims does only apply to Zen ships.

Lockbox, Lobi, Fleet, and Event ships cannot be reclaimed without paying again. Wouldn't want anyone to dismiss one of those bad boys thinking they could be reclaimed for free. :eek:

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    griftimus wrote: »
    Before some of you decide to troll this post and point out the search function please note I have already used the search function (and google) to try and find the answer to these two questions.

1. What is the maximum number of ships that one player can have (free slots + purchased slots)

Is the rumored 48? Correct?

2. What is the maximum number of times that a zen ship can be reclaimed before you have to rebuy it?

I remember reading/hearing 10 times per ship... but can't find this anywhere to confirm..

1) no clue -- I have yet to fill up just the "free" ones (on a LT account, whatever number that is).

2) What ppl said, sorta. I have been having some weirdness with DR. I was told (or, precisely, blocked from doing so in-game with a message), for example, that I could not claim a second t6 zen ship on the same toon. Another toon, however, has that ship claimed twice. (The one with 2 of the same ship was me forgetting which chars I had claimed it on and a derp moment. The attempt to claim it twice on another toon was an experiment that failed before it got started because I could not claim the ship).

Let me be extra clear --- the issue is if you *already have one in your list* you *may or may not* be able to claim *another* ship. If you discard it you can reclaim it *infinite times*. You simply are blocked from owning 2 of the same one (sometimes??).

I don't know if it was a bug that I got 2 of the same ship, or if its a bug that I cant claim 2. Its very unclear what the *intended* behavior even should be.

For all other zen ships (t5 and below) it seems you can claim as many as you want until your list is full.

I wish I knew more, but all I have is the conflicting info at this time.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    noroblad wrote: »
    I don't know if it was a bug that I got 2 of the same ship, or if its a bug that I cant claim 2. Its very unclear what the *intended* behavior even should be.
    I'm relatively certain that the intent is to only have one of the same ship in your inventory at any one time, so claiming two at once is probably the bug. I have always had to 1) claim ship 2) strip desired console from ship 3) dismiss ship 4) claim ship again 5) repeat as desired.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax