test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new tactical consoles

tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Fleet System and Holdings
My idea on new possible consoles from future fleet holding are tactical consoles with shared bonus on one energy type and one torpedo type. This will make more playable a torpedoes. Finally you can have both on your ship without overall damage loss. And I'll be more as well as in Star Trek.

Current Vulnerablity locator mk XII +31.9% Phaser Damage, +1.6% Crit Chance

Future possible console f.e.:
Tracking control system[+Pha][+QuP] mk XII +31.9% Phaser Damage, +31.9% Quantum Projectile Damage, +6% accuracy

Target paint extender [+Dis][+PhP]+31.9% Disruptor Damage, +31.9% Photon Projectile Damage, +6% accuracy

Flare rectifier [+Pla][+PlP]+31.9% Plasma Damage, +31.9% Plasma Projectile Damage, +6% accuracy

Symmetric connection router [+AP][+ChP] +31.9% Antiproton Damage, +31.9% Chroniton Projectile Damage, +6% accuracy

etc. consoles for other weapon types. These consoles are nothing OP, because accuracy bonus is slightly weaker than crit. chance or severity.
Post edited by tmassx on

Comments

• revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If there was any type of new console released I would like it to be one that decreases damage falloff due to range.
  • kriskringle3kriskringle3 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Look at the Counter-Command tactical console. +Phaser/Disruptor, +photon Torpedo

the numbers shown give you an idea of what you'd get if they implement it.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Look at the Counter-Command tactical console. +Phaser/Disruptor, +photon Torpedo

the numbers shown give you an idea of what you'd get if they implement it.

That C-C tac console is weak and nothing what can convince me change one cannon for torpedo and one fleet console for this one. Without the set bonus, no-one will play it.
    skollulfr wrote: »
    well, it would make kinetics popular again.
    but it is clearly doubling the boost potential of each concole

No, it's not double. Double should be +63.8%.
    total damage - 4x cannon (beam)+4x fleet energy console > 3xcannon+torpedo+4x hybrid console
    (but only very slightly lower thx saving weapon power)

Today total dmg - 4x cannon(beam)+4x fleet energy console >> 3xcannon+torpedo+ 4x energy console
    4x cannon+4x fleet energy console >>>> 3xcannon+torpedo+any other combination of tac consoles

Do you know why is full energy much more better? Because plasmonic leech , shield frequency generator, weapon power universal consoles, abolition on diminishing returns for multiple same sort of tac console, energy weapon doffs, Marion+DEM , but nr. ONE dps is BFAW.
    edited January 2015
    Ask some DPS-prime guys , how torpedoes work today. No-one of them playing any.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not counting Universal Consoles (or the CC TAC Console), there have already been dual dmg TAC Consoles already:

Dyson Rep TAC Consoles.

And they proved to be very unpopular in the end.

Even outside the Protonic Dmg boost, the issue is that the damage boost is watered down. And to have the damage boost of 1 dedicated console, you'd need 2.

You're never going to see a TAC Console give a full-fledged 30-something boost to 2 damage types equally. And you definitely will never see 2 full fledged boosts on 2 dmg types with additional mods like +Acc, +CritH, +CritD, etc.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I could see one-off full-on double boosters, ala the Exotic Particle Field Exciter (full bonus to shield cap and partigens, plus another Sci console's worth).
    edited January 2015
    scurry5 wrote: »
    I could see one-off full-on double boosters, ala the Exotic Particle Field Exciter (full bonus to shield cap and partigens, plus another Sci console's worth).

Why only one? If they are put into the game me suggested dual consoles as well be advantageous for the highest DPS play a pure energy . So what are those extra thick?
    This is my proposal to create multiple builds , which will motivate players to buy something new . Not just another powerful universal console from a reputation or (must- have) fleet console or crafting console, which is 20-100% stronger than the console from a drop.