Install Arc

Snowballs getting nerfed - bye bye fun

Comments

• haskanaelevahaskanaeleva Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Is it ?
    prove it

its rather obvious, also might I suggest that you change the text colour in your sig to either black or a light blue? that would add to the readability.
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lawstanz wrote: »
    Yep, just another reasons for people to give Cryptic the "cold shoulder."
    valoreah wrote: »
    That's certainly starting things onto a very slippery slope...

You guys are walking on thin ice, here....
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ask and ye shall receive.

The image looks like it is from here:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/398678d308f81ffb5196da86bcdd98db/tumblr_mep78vDMJg1rsde4yo1_500.jpg

Which, if one does a quick search of "hitler crowd speaking" images will show it being linked to this site:

http://imgarcade.com/1/adolf-hitler-speech-crowd/

Soooo...yeah.

Knowing what to search for doesn't show that I edited pixels in the speakers face.

Nice try derailing the thread tho.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Knowing what to search for doesn't show that I edited pixels in the speakers face.

So you openly admit this is an "Edited" picture of Hitler makes it no less offensive TBH!
    JtaDmwW.png
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    So you openly admit this is an "Edited" picture of Hitler makes it no less offensive TBH!

If that offends you, wait til I post topical images of other people. Napoleon Bonaparte? Julius Caesar? How far back in time does your outrage go?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ask and ye shall receive.

The image looks like it is from here:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/398678d308f81ffb5196da86bcdd98db/tumblr_mep78vDMJg1rsde4yo1_500.jpg

Which, if one does a quick search of "hitler crowd speaking" images will show it being linked to this site:

http://imgarcade.com/1/adolf-hitler-speech-crowd/

Soooo...yeah.

I'm sad, none of you explained why there is a giant white cube in the middle of the crowd. I don't know about other, but for me, that's the most perplexing thing about his signature.
    This is the first thing I noticed actually.

I don't care if it's Hitler, if the man on the right is a real a***, and the guy in the back was in fact, a serial killer. But this cube ? Now that's interesting !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    I'm not defending it. It's just a shame that people who WANT to have a snowball fight, with the knockdowns, would lose that ability just because some people don't like it.

Some sort of snowball nullifier costing 300 lobi would have been a much better option.

So assuming 5 lobi crystals from each lock box instead of 4 which most people get, you need to open 60 lock boxes. That means 60 master keys. A pack of 10 keys costs 1,150 Zen so 60 keys will cost 6,900 Zen or $69 USD.

6,900 Zen would be equal to 1,138,500 refined dilithium assuming an exchange rate of 165:1 based on what I have seen last night.

I dunno... paying 300 lobi for privilege of not being knocked down by a snowball sounds more like extortion rather than a solution... at least to me...
    edited December 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Don't skate around the issue....

Hockey! I won't

:P
    edited December 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    I'm sad, none of you explained why there is a giant white cube in the middle of the crowd. I don't know about other, but for me, that's the most perplexing thing about his signature.
    This is the first thing I noticed actually.

I don't care if it's Hitler, if the man on the right is a real a***, and the guy in the back was in fact, a serial killer. But this cube ? Now that's interesting !

The Borg? :P
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I guess the pvpers couldn't adapt to snowballs. :rolleyes:
    edited December 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    So assuming 5 lobi crystals from each lock box instead of 4 which most people get, you need to open 60 lock boxes. That means 60 master keys. A pack of 10 keys costs 1,150 Zen so 60 keys will cost 6,900 Zen or $69 USD.

6,900 Zen would be equal to 1,138,500 refined dilithium assuming an exchange rate of 165:1 based on what I have seen last night.

I dunno... paying 300 lobi for privilege of not being knocked down by a snowball sounds more like extortion rather than a solution... at least to me...

Yep, that's why Cryptic will be seriously considering it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014

So displaying slightly modified TRIBBLE images is better somehow... how?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited December 2014
    So displaying slightly modified TRIBBLE images is better somehow... how?
    If you ask me, that's what Charlie Chaplin did in his movie, and it was a lot more funny than actual nazism.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    If you ask me, that's what Charlie Chaplin did in his movie, and it was a lot more funny than actual nazism.

Yep, hate figures are fair game for mockery. You can't arbitrarily ban every single portrayal of Hitler - it's all about context. There's nothing wrong with that signature pic. I don't think anyone is actually offended by it, they just can't defeat his argument by actually arguing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • haskanaelevahaskanaeleva Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014

parody and satire, ending with an amazing speech. it was designed to make a fool out of hitler.
    edited December 2014
    If you ask me, that's what Charlie Chaplin did, and it was a lot more funny than actual nazism.

My opinion on this is extreme and I'm aware of it. Believe me I get parody. I just don't think most people really do, and just end up thinking 'gee those guys look pretty cool.' So I'd rather not see it at all. Except for Inglorius TRIBBLE. When the parody is extremely oblique or non-existant as it is here it simply glorifies the image.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2014

The Three Stooges did some good impersonations as well, very funny IIRC. What I'm doing with my sig is also a parody, but I'm sorry if some don't get the joke.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited December 2014
    My opinion on this is extreme and I'm aware of it. Believe me I get parody. I just don't think most people really do, and just end up thinking 'gee those guys look pretty cool.' So I'd rather not see it at all. Except for Inglorius TRIBBLE. When the parody is extremely oblique or non-existant as it is here it simply glorifies the image.
    It's not when you check the text. It's a joke around the meme.
    Showing delusional people saying the quote is pretty much the meme. I did one with 1984 (the movie) myself, and the first one used Baghdad Bob.

That's the whole point. Showing someone that everyone know is wrong, saying the quote. That's pretty much the antithesis of glorifying him, as he is shown as a delusional fool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014

Allow me to be a bit Picard on this...This happened. It was a part of us as a race, as a civilization. We should not shy away and pretend it didn't exist, nor should we look the other way and refuse to see it. Quite the opposite. We must remember forever so that we try not to let it happen again.
    edited December 2014
    It's not when you check the text. It's a joke around the meme.
    Showing delusional people saying the quote is pretty much the meme. I did one with 1984 (the movie) myself, and the first one used Baghdad Bob.

That's the whole point. Showing someone that everyone know is wrong, saying the quote. That's pretty much the antithesis of glorifying him, as he is shown as a delusional fool.

Yes, I've not been kicked in the head nor dropped on it as a small child.

I do not enjoy this subject so I leave you all to it.

• knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think it's rather odd that it's only taken a few weeks for Cryptic to respond to a rather insignificant issue like snow balls and implement a solution whereas real issues like Tides being broken and not giving enough rewards fall by the wayside. A good solution to tides would be to turn it into a queued event, up the rewards, and fix the snorg queen final reward glitch. Similarly with snow balls, take away the knockback effect in social zones but give us a snowball fight queued event that rewards ear muffs, beads, etc. for beating the other team. They could even have different types of snowball fights- territory control, death match, and ctf. Essentially, don't take something fun away from us if you can't offer a good substitute.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    edited December 2014
    Actually I was just answering the denial that the pic in the sig was who it looked like and proving it was.

As for the "argument" that the KB effect shouldn't be removed from the snowballs, that ship appears to have sailed. Its already being tested on tribble and while it doesn't seem to be going into effect this cycle, its obviously become a problem the Devs are looking to resolving in a way that still lets the snowballs be used but not abused by trolls.

I would think that benefits all the actual players in the game so it's unclear to me what the fuss is about.

When the knockback effect is removed, Tides of Ice becomes something you can just AFK your way through. The snowmen can't knock you down any more. It's boring as hell on Tribble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yep, that's why Cryptic will be seriously considering it.

No, Cryptic is not considering it. They are removing the knockdown effect on snowballs in a patch, but the damage will remain.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yep, hate figures are fair game for mockery. You can't arbitrarily ban every single portrayal of Hitler - it's all about context. There's nothing wrong with that signature pic. I don't think anyone is actually offended by it, they just can't defeat his argument by actually arguing.

I recall Mel Brooks' statement to the effect of how his mission in life was to reduce Hitler to something nobody could ever possibly take seriously ever again, so that his ideas would in turn never again be taken seriously.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/