test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

expansion idea.

carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
cryptic please add in the next expansion, open up the ability to explore all the Solar System along with Utopia Planitia, where you could upgrade your ships or even create your own and repair some damage and perhaps even a storyline mission or two.

although not my idea i fully support it.
this idea came from a friend of mine.
Post edited by carter60 on

Comments

• Options
    vegie0vegie0 Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is a good idea. To have a more open world feel to the game. But let me offer some other ideas.

Make a new expansion that quadruples the amount of experience required to get a level. While decreasing the total amount of experience given by any method. Then you can put huge gaps between the new mission content and threaten to ban anybody who tries to level faster then you approve of. To make it even better you could add a new type of ship and sell people tokens to make their own ships competetive. But in reality it's just the opposite. Then if they complain you can make new versions of the ships and sell them the new type of ships with the kin of what they had.

We can call the new expansion. "Profits Rising"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vegie0 wrote: »
    This is a good idea. To have a more open world feel to the game. But let me offer some other ideas.

Make a new expansion that quadruples the amount of experience required to get a level. While decreasing the total amount of experience given by any method. Then you can put huge gaps between the new mission content and threaten to ban anybody who tries to level faster then you approve of. To make it even better you could add a new type of ship and sell people tokens to make their own ships competetive. But in reality it's just the opposite. Then if they complain you can make new versions of the ships and sell them the new type of ships with the kin of what they had.

We can call the new expansion. "Profits Rising"

You know, you don't Need to spread your distaste over the state of the game to other threads. The OP is trying to offer up a valid expansion idea to the game that I think would be beneficial, if there was something interesting that they could do to Sol.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    more ground exploration; i want to play with my away team more often. i would like to have more "Nimbus like" planets
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You know, you don't Need to spread your distaste over the state of the game to other threads. The OP is trying to offer up a valid expansion idea to the game that I think would be beneficial, if there was something interesting that they could do to Sol.

How is it a distaste? Its a fact.

I have a expansion idea. Maybe remove exploration clusters and then pass the buck of creating content to players with predefined points

Just saying.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How is it a distaste? Its a fact.

I have a expansion idea. Maybe remove exploration clusters and then pass the buck of creating content to players with predefined points

Just saying.

It's distaste because everybody already knows that there are people unhappy with the way the game is now. If you keep talking about it, soon it'll be as much of a dead horse as the Endgame Connie request.

Edit: Last time I will derail the thread off topic.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Earth solar system could really be developed.
    Earths moon for mining and exploring. I know the germans will love this one,if memory serves in startrek, New Berlin is on the moon,as well as other places,like tranquillity base.
    What about the various moons in the solar system too.
    I think its Jupiter and saturn that have many moons.
    Yes utopia planitia too,what about Mars too?
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's distaste because everybody already knows that there are people unhappy with the way the game is now. If you keep talking about it, soon it'll be as much of a dead horse as the Endgame Connie request.

Edit: Last time I will derail the thread off topic.

Oh well.Its the best expansion ever.

What makes a person think they will expand on exploration with years of suggestions?
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They were constantly talking about exploring the Solar System before F2P, and abandoned the idea because there is "nothing to do there" soon after... so it's not exactly new, afaik all the Planets were already there in theory, they just never used them (in ~3 years) ...

Given their recent "design Choices" like removing Memory Alpha with mulitple "Mini-Missions", I somehow doubt something like it is ever gonna happen ...

PS : Afaik most of the planets are in the Foundry ... been looking for an "Explore the Solar System" - Foundry, for years now ... sadly I never really found one... but that's probably the best we can hope for ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    more ground exploration; i want to play with my away team more often. i would like to have more "Nimbus like" planets

Hear hear.