test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 10: Any news or Updates? Wiki not much help.

captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
Did Google search and checked Wiki, but really not much to go on. Most Threads I could find were month or two old. Seeing if any hardcore STOers had any glimmer of insight from possible clues. I know [Redacted] blah, blah! Info is so tight these days it seems to me. Or is it that Cryptic has plugged all leaks and gone all NSA on us? LOL
CibJ7qu.jpg?1
Post edited by captainkron on

Comments

• js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Did Google search and checked Wiki, but really not much to go on. Most Threads I could find were month or two old. Seeing if any hardcore STOers had any glimmer of insight from possible clues. I know [Redacted] blah, blah! Info is so tight these days it seems to me. Or is it that Cryptic has plugged all leaks and gone all NSA on us? LOL

This lack of information is a bit concerning really. We knew that Delta Rising was coming. Information had been coming out for months. The same with the Legacy of Romulus expansion. Cryptic can't keep things to themselves usually - bits of information leak out, things are released early by mistake or people spot text changes in tool tips, things like that.

There's been nothing at all about Season 10. Not a word.

I don't think we should assume that it's actually coming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    According to this:

"The rolling updates will continue, as well; the Romulan arc for the Federation, for example, is next on the remake block. Bridge officer training and the skill system are also under examination as things that need to be brought up to par with the rest of the game."

Other than that, there hasn't been much word on this or anything else.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Season 10 can't be any worse than Season 8, Season 8.5, Season 9, Season 9.5 or Expansion 2 can it? I suppose that's a little hard on Season 8 (and 8.5) cause that was something different, but Season 9 (inc 9.5) and Expansion 2 have been tragic in my opinion.

I believe it was stated upon the release of Delta Rising that new content was to be periodically added through the months until we had reached the launch of Season 10. I figured (when reading) that we'd have concluded whatever Cryptic were trying to do with Delta Rising by then. I would therefore imagine that the content for Season 10 would be more home front than it would be elsewhere.

They could do with focusing on mends, and tidying the whole game up - that would be fitting for Season 10, but we know they wont do that cause there's little money in it, unfortunately.

A few things for Season 10 that I think we can pretty much guarantee; that'll be a new lock box and lobi ship, likely with the addition of another T5R Delta Retrofit ship. There have been rumours about another fleet project (Spire/Mine etc) so we'll probably get that too. The Undine, Voth and Borg will probably feature in some huge way, and we wont get any closer into the Iconian story. An additional STF (or two) is also likely, though probably it'll cater to T6 players.

Content will be Universal, though catered for FED players. FED players will also likely receive another bunch of ships in the C-Store (I'm going to guess four, with at least two skins each). KDF & Republic players will be lucky to get one ship, and they wont come with extra skins. Dilithium prices will rise, rewards will drop, we wont have any Cardassians, and we'll still be waiting for the new Negh'Var and Fleet Guramba (both promised years ago). Feline species (Caitian/Ferasan) still wont have true feline legs, nor desired hair, and the Venture/Monarch skin still wont be accessible on the Nebula/Galaxy Dreadnought.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would not expect Season 10 until at the very earliest April, but my ec is on May.

So I am not at all concerned about a "lack of information" on this part.

They first need to finish up the winter event, we'll most likely (and unfortunately) get another grindversary, probably a mid-season/expansion update.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    Season 10 can't be any worse than Season 8, Season 8.5, Season 9, Season 9.5 or Expansion 2 can it?
    Don't say that. We say that every time, and it seems Cryptic think it's a challenge. Unfortunately, it seems they always succeed when it comes to challenges.

I think they are still busy adjusting DR. Basically, adding more grind, and not understand why players complain.
    Also, with the holidays coming, they'll probably take a break. Finally, they might be working on the next gamblebox-Cstore ship.

I expect a half season with the revamped Romulan story arc, some goodies for the feds, the scraps for the kdf, and maybe a little something for the Rom. If they are lucky. With that, perhaps a new post-DR episode, involving Sela (or not).
    Then a new season with a new rep, a new cash grab, and some grind on top of it, alongside a new post-dr episode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Season 10: Damage Control?
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Considering DR is supposed to be an "Expansion" ... I really don't wanna know, what Seasons look like these days ... maybe 50% of some new Rep Grind :P

One thing is sure, though ... it's going to be the best Season ever ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Season 10!
    Something
    Broken somethings
    NERF!
    Broken Nerf
    More broken somethings
    NERF!
    More Nerf
    Also, nerf
    Even more broken somethings
    Grind
    Nerf grind
    Even more grind
    PROMOTIONALS!
    Reporting bugs
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Season 10: A Piece of the Action

Join either the Federation or KDF as a 1930's gangster, and help fight for the independance of Iotia with the Iotian Lockbox.

Stats on the Elite Advanced Tactical Dreadnought Intelligence Carrier Ford Model-T in an upcoming dev blog coming soon!
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    and the Venture/Monarch skin still wont be accessible on the Nebula/Galaxy Dreadnought.

Actually I've noticed that the Nebula's Magellan skin kind of looks like the Monarch.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    I would not expect Season 10 until at the very earliest April, but my ec is on May.

So I am not at all concerned about a "lack of information" on this part.

They first need to finish up the winter event, we'll most likely (and unfortunately) get another grindversary, probably a mid-season/expansion update.

I don't know if it would be that late but perhaps...may not see or hear much till January at least...with the Winter Event running now and in a month and a half we'll have the next anniversary...which they may be working on now.
    edited December 2014
    and the Venture/Monarch skin still wont be accessible on the Nebula/Galaxy Dreadnought .
    hartzilla wrote: »
    Actually I've noticed that the Nebula's Magellan skin kind of looks like the Monarch.
    Link Green with Green, and Blue with Blue. Look at it that way. I guess I could have been more specific.

The Magellan and Monarch are the same skin (though constructed to work for the Nebula and Galaxy independently). The Nebula though cannot make use of the Venture Skin, and the Galaxy Dreadnought cannot make use of the Monarch Skin (even though the custom Galaxy can). The ability to use the Venture Skin on the Nebula, and the Monarch Skin on the Galaxy Dreadnought would complete the two ships for me.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Season 10: The Search For More Money

Seriously, I rather have no Season 10. Rather, just normalize Upgrade prices, unnerf the queues, so they're available again, give me a Vaudwaar lockbox ship, and a Fleet Phantom, and I'm good.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I don't know if it would be that late but perhaps...may not see or hear much till January at least...with the Winter Event running now and in a month and a half we'll have the next anniversary...which they may be working on now.

This, the Anniversary is the next fairly large thing They are probably working on now,

The Spring event will probably just be an update to existing stuff and then we go into the Summer event with whatever new stuff They have added.

I don't expect to see another large addition to the game till late summer to mid-Fall 2015.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • stumpfgobsstumpfgobs Member Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Season 10 - the search for secondary deflectors... :(
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hartzilla wrote: »
    It does. I fly a Magellan on my main, awesome skin.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Season 10: The Iconian Gateway Wars
    Season 10: The Iconian Gateway Invasion Wars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Season 10 will be the best season ever and the players will love it!
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Season 10: Rep for the Rep God! Metrics for the Metrics Throne!
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Season 10: " The SEARCH to UNDO Delta Rising" or 9.5
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Season 1: Common Ground
    Season 2: Ancient Enemies
    Season 3: Genesis
    Season 4: Crossfire
    Season 5: Call to Arms
    Season 6: Under Siege
    Season 7: New Romulus
    Season 8: The Sphere
    Season 9: A New Accord
    Season 10: Why Did Hawk Really Leave?
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited December 2014
    I think a whole bunch of people are confused, as to the differences between "seasons" and "expansions." Granted, Cryptic hasn't made the distinctions any easier... but I'd temper your expectations. :P

But, I am not surprised we haven't heard anything yet. The Winter Event is on (and they still have fixes to make on that, LOL), and I'm sure things will slow down a little for the Christmas/New Year's holidays.

I'm thinking that you'll hear more in January (I'm sure Geko will spill beans in a podcast interview or something). You'll probably get the skill revamp, secondary deflectors, the new fleet holding with T6 Fleet ships... new lockbox, of course... and maybe a Featured Episode.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
    edited December 2014
    mhall85 wrote: »
    I'm thinking that you'll hear more in January (I'm sure Geko will spill beans in a podcast interview or something). You'll probably get the skill revamp, secondary deflectors, the new fleet holding with T6 Fleet ships... new lockbox, of course... and maybe a Featured Episode.
    Those were due with Season 8 (or 8.5) if I recall correctly. Long overdue. If/When they get them out, I bet they'll be unique to T6 too.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited December 2014
    Those were due with Season 8 (or 8.5) if I recall correctly. Long overdue. If/When they get them out, I bet they'll be unique to T6 too.

Yeah, I hope not (for the sake of those waiting since 8 or 8.5)... and, they kinda already are exclusive to T6 ships. All T6 science ships have them, now.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think Season 10 is probably:

A new episode. (They hinted at that for around Q1 2015.)
    A new crafting category. (They hinted at that.)
    Kit upgrades. (Hinted at.)
    New Fleet projects. (Also hinted at.)
    Fleet Tier 6 Ships, with or without a new upgrade mechanism for Tier 5U.

Maybe a new queued event or two or an adventure zone.

Maybe 1-2 new specializations (hinted at; likely Counselor and Medic as secondary specializations).

Possibly the introduction of hybrid bridge officers who have Commando and Pilot abilities. My suspicion is that secondary specialization BOs will be usable without a need for special hybrid seating.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mhall85 wrote: »
    I think a whole bunch of people are confused, as to the differences between "seasons" and "expansions." Granted, Cryptic hasn't made the distinctions any easier... but I'd temper your expectations. :P

Yeah considering Season 9 & Expansion 2 has basically the same amount of content ... it is really confusing these days ... I don't think they know the difference themselves ... if DR is the new "standard" for "Expansion", the next "Season" is gonna be pretty disappointing ...

That's the funny thing ... some people might connect that statement to DR ... but ever since D'Angelo & Geko took over it was repeated every Update / Season etc ... so yes that's exactly what they're gonna say ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Season 10 Spoilers below.

- More Carrot
    - More Stick
    - Stick length increased 25 percent
    - Carrot size reduced 25 percent
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Possibly the introduction of hybrid bridge officers who have Commando and Pilot abilities. My suspicion is that secondary specialization BOs will be usable without a need for special hybrid seating.
    I'd imagine secondary specialties if applied to BOFFs wouldn't be as prominent as Intel has. Maybe all small craft BOFF seats, or at least one each ship(which is all of what most have) would get replaced by hybrid Pilot seatings.

Commando BOFF abilities might only be for ground.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    I'd imagine secondary specialties if applied to BOFFs wouldn't be as prominent as Intel has. Maybe all small craft BOFF seats, or at least one each ship(which is all of what most have) would get replaced by hybrid Pilot seatings.

Commando BOFF abilities might only be for ground.

Well pilot/commando could be as prominent if they treat them as a single specialization addition. IE. add a comparable number of powers for space and ground, only with differential branding between the two spec types (alternatively they could add two spec officers types, one ground one space, but between them still pulling form that comparable pool of powers to intel).

However, I don't imagine that we'll ever see existing hybrid seats replaced by another specialization. 1. That would TRIBBLE with existing setups and ship balance. 2. That would also pre-empt new ships, even at a conceptual level (if the Guardian for example remains as a generalized intel cruiser Cryptic would be justified in adding another generalized specialization cruiser for the new spec type.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!