edited December 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Chat box:

/unlit 0.3

/unlit 0

https://imgur.com/a/cNEMw

TDYSpbPb.jpg TPdixBbb.jpg 8brXRreb.jpg xRIU4scb.jpg

Joined January 2009
Finger wrote:
Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wow...

Cryptic, you NEED to make this map have a day/night cycle.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would be in favor of a day/night cycle here. ^_^ Currently the map is in a sort of morning/evening twilight, but really it could be far enough north that it never gets brighter than that due to axial tilt, so we get a "twilight/night cycle" instead of a full brightness day/night cycle.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would be in favor of a day/night cycle here. ^_^ Currently the map is in a sort of morning/evening twilight, but really it could be far enough north that it never gets brighter than that due to axial tilt, so we get a "twilight/night cycle" instead of a full brightness day/night cycle.

Man I was so used to it on Risa, that I thought it did have one. I've been so used to it being daytime. But when I looked up and saw Aurora....wow. Good work devs.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    These are very lovely images :)

thanks for sharing them!

Might I suggest you enter the December screenshot challenge? :)

~CaptainSmirk
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thank you, OP, for sharing these with us. Like most people, I suppose I get so busy with the business of playing, I forget to look around at the environment. Now, thanks to you, I'll spend a little more time appreciating the Wonderland.

Thanks to the Dev Team for the spiffy upgrade to the Wonderland environs. Much appreciated.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The shot of the Silouette over looking the village is... Magical. It has a great feel, truly a winter wonderland.
    Beautiful work op.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited December 2014
    These are very lovely images :)

thanks for sharing them!

Might I suggest you enter the December screenshot challenge? :)

~CaptainSmirk

I'm certainly considering it. I just want to find the right magical angle.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • crichtonsrcrichtonsr Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Pretty. Can you imagine how ceepy the snowman battles would be in the dark? Or how perilpus the races would be? Awesome.
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Chat box:

/unlit 0.3

/unlit 0

I never knew you could do this! This brings a whole new dimension to the game. Missions at night!

Also, those photos are increadible. Well done.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    is there any new hidden accolades in the new event. i know about doing the mission 10 times for an accolade but i cant find any more new ones. does anyone know of any?
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wait, I went looking for that effect... *face palms*
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I suggested day and night cycle a few weeks ago, i knew it woud look Great!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That is beautiful. I would also like to say I would enjoy a day/night cycle in Q's Winter Wonderland, or perhaps the ability to ask Q to turn it off/on like the Tribble guy at my starbase. Even if it would be client-side.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited December 2014
    crichtonsr wrote: »
    Pretty. Can you imagine how ceepy the snowman battles would be in the dark? Or how perilpus the races would be? Awesome.

I do all of my Wonderlanding at night. :3

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I do all of my Wonderlanding at night. :3
    That's what she said :D.

(had to say that!)
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am sure it minor programming changes to cycle the day/evening/night. You do it on Risa and Bajor. Would be nice if you do it New Romulus, Nimbus 3 and Earth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • psygn0sispsygn0sis Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So can you play the WE like that and it not go against the rules? I saw smirk commented but didn't say you can't?
    CLR.png
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    psygn0sis wrote: »
    So can you play the WE like that and it not go against the rules? I saw smirk commented but didn't say you can't?

Its just a change to your settings client side. Like changing your frame rate or how high world details is. Shouldn't be a problem.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'