test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Wars VII Teaser Trailer

crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Ten Forward
I looked through and didn't see this posted, so thought I would do the honors...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=plwVRYEQG_I
My favourite line is from Han Solo, "You guys got any room in this battle for an old war horse?"

Anyway, comments and speculation are invited and welcomed...

:)
CM
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
Post edited by crm14916 on

Comments

• khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »
    I looked through and didn't see this posted, so thought I would do the honors...
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=plwVRYEQG_I
    My favourite line is from Han Solo, "You guys got any room in this battle for an old war horse?"

Anyway, comments and speculation are invited and welcomed...

:)
    CM

It's fake...it's not the real trailer
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Only five lens flares? Abrams is losing his touch...
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Eh..need to see more before I can make an opinion,
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Eh..need to see more before I can make an opinion,

What? You mean you're not going to take a few seconds of footage a year before the film comes out, analyze it frame by frame, freak out at the smallest things and declare once and for all that JJ has ruined Star Wars, destroyed your childhood and drop-kicked a puppy on your very doorstep?

And you call yourself a forum poster?

/sarcasm

Ok really I liked what I saw. But I do agree far too little to really say much at this point.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    It must be an early cut, the effects seem to be really unfinished and the CGI looks a bit plastic. Also that 'sword' lightsabre is bloody pathetic, worse than the crappy effects of the 'Rebels' and OT ones. Why is it so thin :(.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    if the long pointy end doesnt kill u, there are two more (they're shorter, but with proper maneuvering, they'll get the job done)
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hawku001x wrote: »
    if the long pointy end doesnt kill u, there are two more (they're shorter, but with proper maneuvering, they'll get the job done)
    They'd do a good job of removing the owner's hand as well...

Oh JJ, I knew you couldn't avoid crapping over this one too... :cool:
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well I'm just glad the original cast is back.
    I've not watched the trailer and will not do so. I want to go into this film with 0 expectations. my hope is that Disney has whipped up a good script, full of "edge of your seat" thrills, while giving appropriate nods to 4/5/6.
    I'm not expecting anything monumental here, but if it turns out really good, ill sure be grateful.
    I don't partake in anything prequel that is star wars(they ruined star wars for me) I stick strictly with 4/5/6 which I still adore.
    I have a feeling they'll be pretty decent though, Disney knows a lot of the original fans weren't as fond of the prequels, so I can see them working very hard to put out something of note.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited November 2014
    hawku001x wrote: »

It does seem a bit awkward, but I guess the point of a light crossguard is to block those pesky slides down a sword that would detach a hand.

Wonder what they'll think of next? A distortion to the blade's control field that allows it to form an axe, halberd, or simitar?

Anyone more familiar with the trooper's armor: is there anything in the styling to suggest it is an upgrade to the armor shown for the last 60 years or more?
  • grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Did I just see a droid head riding a beach ball?
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
    edited November 2014
    ^ that's because this film's version of a big pod-racing sequence is going to be beach volleyball :D
  • kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Seemed alright to me. The apparent sith's lightsaber killed a little of my heart, and I fully expect the black stormtrooper or some other MC to kick that little rolling droid down a hole. Other than that, seemed good.

Now, I propose a question. What do you want to see in the movie, and what do you not want? Now, on the not wants, can you please back up on the J.J. bashing? Just be a little civil.

Not Wants:
    1. More things like the claymore lightsaber

2. More apparently useless droids like that ball thing

3. The old cast showing up too much (Han Solo can come in a bit, but only one battle could he properly show up in the Falcon, he's old and most likely a General)

4. There suddenly being a gigantic Sith Empire other than the one they took out a while ago. The Remnant is a bit of a stretch, but do-able.

Wants:
    1. Luke to be Grandmaster and teach people at an Academy. I'd like him to be there in the beginning and the end, but as sort of the wise old master, not the ever present teacher.

2. Leia to be the queen of Alderaan, which has been formed into a giant asteroid ring connected by colonies(Asking a bit much, but it's a cool idea, right?)

3. At least some nods to the Extended Universe

4. Perhaps a secret Sith Academy on Korriban. But it has to be on Korriban! No where else!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why have the two side bits on the saber? They serve no purpose...
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited November 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    What? You mean you're not going to take a few seconds of footage a year before the film comes out, analyze it frame by frame, freak out at the smallest things and declare once and for all that JJ has ruined Star Wars, destroyed your childhood and drop-kicked a puppy on your very doorstep?

/sarcasm

Ok really I liked what I saw. But I do agree far too little to really say much at this point.

Star Wars already died for me thanks to Disney :P. Has nothing to do with JJ.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,364 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    George did his level best to kill Star Wars back in the Nineties, with those godawful prequels. Nothing here looks half as bad as Jar-Jar or midichlorians.

It is interesting to see that there are at least two black people in a galaxy far, far away - first Lando and now this random Stormtrooper.

As for the lightsaber, someone on Twitter said it best, I think: "Please, tell me more about the logistics of laser swords wielded by space wizards!" If Darth Maul can have a double-ender, this unnamed person can have a claymore. Why is that a less valid choice than a laser katana?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jonsills wrote: »

It is interesting to see that there are at least two black people in a galaxy far, far away - first Lando and now this random Stormtrooper.

That's under the assumption that Lando is still alive or even shows up in the new trilogy. I never heard Billy Dee saying JJ tapped him for the film. So Mr. Stormtrooper might just be the latest "Sole Brother" in the entire galaxy.

:D
    thay8472 wrote: »

It's a crossguard, used to protect the wielder's hands during combat. It is a lightsaber styled as a claymore and this is a galaxy that has been without the Force for quite some time.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited November 2014

Sith: "BECAUSE NORMAL RED LIGHTSABER JUST ISN'T COOL ENOUGH!"
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Apparently many people never read the tales of the jedi comic books, the original lightsabers were actually swords with energy forming around them...gosh

So the sith saber is diferent ERMG HATE,

People just cant stop finding something to complain about, next they'll freak about the falcons engine colors being the wrong blue in the RGB coding. :rolleyes:

Also the black guy at the start...ya hes kinda the main star...So hes def not a random stormtrooper..

oh and the beach ball droid...so?

I find it more odd people are ripping the film apart from the first decent trailer to a movie in a long time (you know not actually showing us anything to can tell us about the movie in 1 trailer)

I bet its the lack of lens flare that are pissing people off.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

edited November 2014
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Since they are solid energy they serve the same purpose a metal hilt would server against a metal sword: protect the hand/wrist/forearm from potential damage. And since they are burning energy they can also have some offensive purposes - as just a touch from them could harm someone.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    bunansa wrote: »
    Apparently many people never read the tales of the jedi comic books, the original lightsabers were actually swords with energy forming around them...gosh

So the sith saber is diferent ERMG HATE,

People just cant stop finding something to complain about, next they'll freak about the falcons engine colors being the wrong blue in the RGB coding. :rolleyes:

Also the black guy at the start...ya hes kinda the main star...So hes def not a random stormtrooper..

oh and the beach ball droid...so?

I find it more odd people are ripping the film apart from the first decent trailer to a movie in a long time (you know not actually showing us anything to can tell us about the movie in 1 trailer)

I bet its the lack of lens flare that are pissing people off.

NO LONGER CANON (NEVER WAS). In fact nothing that hasn't already been seen on film is falls into the new canon. So who knows?
  • lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »

/sarcasm

Your response prompted one from me.

Plus I look forward to it, and to find out why she was riding a Domokun speeder!
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Love the new longsword style lightsabre that sith carried
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Storm Trooper reminded me of this awesome scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3iFJpGJiug
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited November 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    The Storm Trooper reminded me of this awesome scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3iFJpGJiug

ROFL yeah same here man i was wondering where the combs were lol :D
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    the trailer doesn't really show much. i hope it's not tatooine, though. there's more planets in the universe. they don't need to keep using the same ones over and over. how boring would star trek be if they only ever went to vulcan, andoria, and earth? please let there be some new, fresh ideas in the new star wars movies.
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This looks disappointing, it's going to be Into Darkness all over again! Where have all the Lens Flares gone? If I wanted to be able to see what was going on clearly I wouldn't have sat down to watch a JJ Abrams movie! :mad:

No doubt George is already working on the all new Super Deluxe Special Edition version of the Original Trilogy replacing all the blue-screen/physical model scenes with all new CGI scenes! He may not own Star Wars any more but he still has influence. :rolleyes:

/Sarcasm /Cynicism

Not sure how I feel about going to see a Star Wars film without the 20th Century Fox fanfare at he start, it's all part of the Star Wars experience for me, just as much as 'A long time ago...' and the opening crawl. :confused:
    edited November 2014

That lightsabre is fashioned in the likeness of a longsword with a hilt and some hilts were fashiond in such a way to be part of the weapon.

at close range a sharpened hilt could do some serious damage to a mans face it could even kill if used in the right spot.