One more bump to end my night :eek:
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    good thread
  • soidutssoiduts Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    spencerb96 wrote: »
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1238751

[*] 8,000 – 16,000 Skill Points based on average time in queue.
    [/LIST]

With the 3x Skill Point Inflation that was put in with today's patch, this means queues should be rewarding 24,000-48,000 Skill Points.

I've added quite a few of my runs to the spreadsheet. I've definitely noticed that this latest patch has decreased level upgrading significantly. Don't see any significant 'boost', just takes longer to level up now.
  • maarkeanmaarkean Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

Some of us have know this for some time..............They cryptic boost rewards where ( They ) want us to play..............Not where the players want to play

cryptic should have equal rewards for all content................then the players will show them what content is good and which sucks

Why they don't do this is beyond me , It would be good business to improve what there player base wants then change the bad content to better fit the successful model

They need to justify the effort they put into creating something so they need to make sure players play it. Instead of doing as you suggest, which I believe they should do too, and adjust something until it's fun for everyone, they force people to need to use it to justify it's existence.

There's a reason Infected Space (and to a slightly lesser extent KA) is so heavily trafficked despite being one of the oldest queued missions. It's straight forward but still requires some coordination, fun, quick, and unbuggy (well, unbuggy as anything in this game can be).

Storming the Spire gets play too because it is similarly functional. Vault Ensnared takes to long for to little reward. Azure nebula is quicker though the new required objective has killed it on higher difficulty. CC is mostly functional as well.

All of the Undine ones are terrible for one simple reason: those ******n bubbles. They're just annoying. Hive is to hard for regular play. And the old fleet missions don't reward enough to be more than a casual interest.

Balance these so everyone is equally rewarding, equally interesting, none annoying and it will be a lot happier player base doing all of the existing content.
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I saw the queues are dead. I did the stupid R&D 20 hour thing and chatted with a friend for 5 minutes. Then logged off.

I made sure I shared these a few places. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W0_DspT_Xw&feature=youtu.be
  • spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 243 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    Have tweeted Geko twice now, so hopefully he or another Dev can comment on this at some point so this can be settled. Really want to know if the current rate is intentional or is an error.

I've been watching the queues throughout the day and comparing them to Patrol's. Am seeing at least 2-3x the amount of patrol instances over the amount of all PvE queue instances at any time.
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • thegraypilgrimthegraypilgrim Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Morning bump :D
    edited November 2014
    Ok just ran CCA got a whole 2777 xp, ran into an instance Borg attack me a lvl 60 playing at 44 for the instance earned 3996 xp come on this is so wrong !
  • sitheachsitheach Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I saw the queues are dead. I did the stupid R&D 20 hour thing and chatted with a friend for 5 minutes. Then logged off.

I made sure I shared these a few places. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W0_DspT_Xw&feature=youtu.be

hilarious!
    Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. ~ Oscar Wilde
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think you are missing one important value for comparision:
    Replaying "Spin the Wheel" 2031 Skillpoints on Level 60 with Lifetimer-Bonus...

Well, Lifetimer-Bonus and Talaxian-Bonus (Team-Wide) make a little difference... But you are still right, the queus reward too less Skillpoints and even grinding Argala rewards far too less.

The one thing one should learn from the 2031 Skillpoints for "Spin the Wheel" is "Killing enemies is OP".

I wonder how much Skillpoints are rewarded by NWS (Normal/Advanced) now, as far as I know, it was a fast way to level-up ships...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
    edited November 2014
    Yeah I was laughing myself silly , or was that crying !!, anyway bump time :P
    edited November 2014
    Bump time again :)
  • crabbycabbycrabbycabby Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I second the Bump.
    Proudly F2P
    edited November 2014
    Just a opinion, I think Geko and some dev's thoughts are. "Spin the <redacted>"

The player base is being pulled into the insanity grind. That's my thoughts. I don't get how they think it will make players want to open up their wallets or pursess
    edited November 2014
    morning bump ;)
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Fascinating numbers.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    morning bump ;)

Ya know bumping counts as spamming according to the TOS right? I'm surprised the thread hasn't already been closed because of it.
  • nephilim83nephilim83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Instead of encouraging people to play content by nerfing the "easy" grinds. Why don't they do so by making the content more rewarding? I'm not going to eat dog **** because you took away my chocolate pudding. I'm just not going to eat. Now, stop TRIBBLE around and pour some sugar on this ****!
    edited November 2014
    Well, don't forget that the Skillpoint-Rewards were nerfed twice:

- First after the "Tau Dewa Power-Leveling"-Exploit all Skillpoints for defeated enemies were nerfed (this hit Argala and other new patrols, too).

- Second time with the Level-Rescaling.

If you look at the "Tau Dewa Power-Leveling" now, it really looks like an exploit, but it just looks that way because of Cryptics' Nerf-Hammer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's kind of curious that cryptic goofed this badly, though should we be surprised? Not in the least. The curious part, in my opinion, is that they claim to have fixed this, though that is obviously not the case. The math is hardly that difficult, and is readily seen throughout this thread.

Cryptic really needs to reconsider this, the shenanigans that have happened previously. Some complain that people were "exploiting" sector patrols, thus causing the nerf bat to reign supreme. This really isn't accurate. An exploit is something in game, that isn't supposed to be in game, being used to great extent to achieve a more powerful, or speedy leveling. The sector patrols are a mechanic in game, that were not bugged to that extent. There was no exploit, and as they went to combat this, they've damaged the game for most players. Sure I'm not leaving the game, but I do play noticeably less than before.

I motion that cryptic does the original skill point setup, as pre-Great Nerfing of 2014. Great post, OP!
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • pendertonpenderton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just wondering if your trying to make people angry and stop playing the game, so you can fill out the unemployment form? If I was paying for the game i sure would be asking for my money back.Do you care about your players or is it all about the money. i have a toon the ground pve queues for YEARS at 50, and all for not. takes 3 days of heavy playing and replaying the story content, to go up a half a level, queues why, no xp in there worth a damn
  • hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    penderton wrote: »
    Just wondering if your trying to make people angry and stop playing the game, so you can fill out the unemployment form? If I was paying for the game i sure would be asking for my money back.Do you care about your players or is it all about the money. i have a toon the ground pve queues for YEARS at 50, and all for not. takes 3 days of heavy playing and replaying the story content, to go up a half a level, queues why, no xp in there worth a damn

With them giving refunds, or not getting further purchases, it will make the game worse, and nothing will ever get fixed. They have to pay their developers, and if that can't happen, the devs quit, or get laid off, and the game is worse off: hence why I'm alright with purchases.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
    edited November 2014
    Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.46.20141123a.2

• Delta Quadrant Patrols:
      • Doubled the amount of rewarded Skill Points for all Delta Quadrant patrol missions.
      • All Delta Quadrant missions reward 10 Delta Marks instead of 5.
      • Updated the Parein Patrol rewards to give out loot since it is a disable all enemies instead of defeat all enemies mission.

Well, it looks like PvE-Queues are becoming a worse source of Skillpoints compared to Argala. I think coldsnapped is talking just about the completion-rewards, so it would mean 2,700 more Skillpoints per run.

For example: A normal run rewarded 8,500 Skillpoints, after this patch it should reward 11,200 Skillpoints (about 15 runs for an equivalent level after level 60).

It would be nice to have all Skillpoints from that Patrol doubled, but it's still better then nothing.

Back to the topic: With the new Argala-Reward PvE-Queues aren't an efficent way to level-up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Back to the topic: With the new Argala-Reward PvE-Queues aren't an efficent way to level-up.

You are correct but why aren’t they?

I really don’t get why cryptic does not want us to progress by playing end game contend. WHERE IS THE PROBLEM?
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited November 2014

I really don’t get why cryptic does not want us to progress by playing end game contend. WHERE IS THE PROBLEM?

I'd guess the problem are those 2k-"persons"... 2k DPS, no chance at all to kill anything on Elite-Difficulty and no way to complete an Elite-Queue. But those people have a chance to complete Argala with a few respawns (on normal difficulty), so they want to give them the chance to level-up and don't want "High-DPSers" to have a huge advantage...

So, everybody has to grind the TRIBBLE out of those patrols to complete the specializations, if you are able to gain a few points by completing "the most challenging content" on the way, you reduce the pain of grinding Argala only a little.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014

There is no end content or Cryptic can't make content that scales from a new player to a elite veteran with all specialization, reputations, and dofffs levels.

So, I think it's they can't think of a game beyond the static content system and its not dynamic.
    edited December 2014
    For example: A normal run rewarded 8,500 Skillpoints, after this patch it should reward 11,200 Skillpoints (about 15 runs for an equivalent level after level 60).

Well, it looks like I need to correct myself: I received a few reports with mixed results. I'd guess Argala will reward about 10,500 Skillpoints per run, when this update goes live (so 15 to 16 runs per equivalent level after level 60), this number might allready include a lifetimer-bonus to Skillpoints.
    I'm sorry that I don't have better numbers for you, but I didn't feel the need to test it myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Exactly what is the point in having skill points and experience points in this game past lvl 60?

My main toon has 16million xp. I train a boff every now and again, perhaps use 100k at most doing a rep. Any point in this idiotic system at all?
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited December 2014