test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Science Commendation "Rank 3" at 100,216/100,000

mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I just rolled over the 100,000 cxp mark for Science doffing on a Federation character and got the accolade and prompt from Ferra but couldn't get a freebie purple doff.

Upon inspecting the Overview tab of the doff window I saw that my science category stated that I was still "Rank 3" despite having >100,000 cxp.

Going to SFA and updating my commendation record for Science with Ferra fixed the "Rank 3" issue.
No idea if this is a post-Delta Rising issue or just a fluke. Figured I would report it anyway.

Joined January 2009
Finger wrote:
Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That is a long-existing bug, which is why we have that Update Commendation system in the first place. Instead of fixing it, we got a workaround. :rolleyes:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh you know what, my inventory was full at the time. I'm looking at my overflow bag and there's a "Science Rank IV" item in there that was supposed to open itself to grant me everything properly, but couldn't because I had no inventory space. Mystery solved.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.