test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

THESE are the kind of patch notes I like to see

mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
Notes for tomorrow

Since the maintenance thread is locked (and release notes threads are always locked) I'll say it here. There are a lot of very good fixes in tomorrow's patch, including some cool things that were never even requested like "It is now possible to drag and drop traits into the chosen slots from the list on the side as well as swap the order of the traits around."

I'm also very pleased by "Updated What’s Left Behind: This mission can now be played in a team." and "Delta Quadrant Patrol Systems: Teammates can now play together on the same Delta Quadrant patrol maps."

Also cool:
Scryer Intel Science Vessel:
  • This starship now has a secondary deflector slot.
    • Players who own the Scryer may purchase a generic secondary deflector from the Dilithium Store in the special tab.
  • This starship now has the Sensor Analysis ability.

It never really made sense to me why it wouldn't include a secondary deflector or at least Sensor Analysis and now it gets both. :)

Other good stuff:
Updated rewards for Fleet Actions queues to the following:
  • 720 Dilithium for completion
  • Normal Crafting Pack
  • 20 Fleet Marks
  • Skill Points and Expertise Points have been slightly increased in scale.
  • This applies to the following queues:
    • Gorn Minefield
    • Starbase 24
    • Klingon Scout Force
    • Breaking the Planet
    • The Big Dig

"Resolved an issue where color changes would not apply in the ship tailor unless the Randomize button was used."

I believe that criticism shouldn't be sugar coated but at the same time credit should be given where credit is due and this patch has a lot of good things in it, so thank you Cryptic. More patches like this please.

Joined January 2009
Finger wrote:
Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sensor Analysis + Intel abilities seems like it might be a bit cluttered - and the two abiltiies are thematically so similar. But well, I'll take it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Scryer changes are just...just...putting nacelles on a Staples button.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Scryer changes are just...just...putting nacelles on a Staples button.

What else did you think that saucer was? :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited November 2014
    Why do I get the feeling that only hand- picked science vessels are going to receive secondary deflectors?

Great patch notes otherwise. Loving the changes to the fleet romulan bridge officers.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well good for you. This
    The Club Wear outfits can only be worn in the following zones:
    ruined the whole day for me.
  • morchadesmorchades Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Notes for tomorrow

Since the maintenance thread is locked (and release notes threads are always locked) I'll say it here. There are a lot of very good fixes in tomorrow's patch, including some cool things that were never even requested like "It is now possible to drag and drop traits into the chosen slots from the list on the side as well as swap the order of the traits around."

I'm also very pleased by "Updated What’s Left Behind: This mission can now be played in a team." and "Delta Quadrant Patrol Systems: Teammates can now play together on the same Delta Quadrant patrol maps."

Oh! That's wonderful! It's been bugging me because I'm a completist and I had to leave the bundled patrol episode open on some alts to team up on patrols. Now I can close it! :)

And I'm happy you resolved the stuck in the Academy thing, but can you guys look into making the tutorial replayable?
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Updated rewards for Fleet Actions queues to the following:

720 Dilithium for completion
    Normal Crafting Pack
    20 Fleet Marks
    Skill Points and Expertise Points have been slightly increased in scale.
    This applies to the following queues:
    Gorn Minefield
    Starbase 24
    Klingon Scout Force
    Breaking the Planet
    The Big Dig

maybe a good thing, because currently these stfs are empty
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sensor Analysis + Intel abilities seems like it might be a bit cluttered - and the two abiltiies are thematically so similar. But well, I'll take it.

Yup, might get it and use it over my Vesta from now on. Cryptic seem intent on nerfing pets and hangars to oblivion, so time to move out of ships that have them..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• admiralodanadmiralodan Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I feel like this is movement in the right direction... and I very much appreciate that. Thank you for making the attempt at more communication from the Dev's as well Cryptic.

However only time will tell as IMO there is still much to be done.
    The Costs of Delta Rising Upgrades

My new sig till Cryptic fixes it....
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What else did you think that saucer was? :P
    Heheh... It kills things really fast. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg