test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

aegis set bound bug

nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
my mk xii aegis set wich was ACCOUNT BOUND become Character_bound after placed it in my bank account and transfared it on my alt

when i took it out and equipped it its become character bound..

works as intended ? tough account bound stuff stay that way no matter what.. since thats the whole point.. account..bound..

and while im here id be happy if a GM or someone could restore theacc_bound spec on my set.. ( its located in itsatrap@nitefiuu character inventory )

p.s.
its only prompted on equipping that i wont be able to trade it but i was like me its account bound already so i could not sell it anyway, no info was written about its becoming char bound at all (which again is absurd when we talk about account bound stuff)
Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
Post edited by nitefiuu on

Comments

• Options
    generaljestergeneraljester Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Aegis set is only account bound until its used then its character bound always been like this i wish it wasn't as i have Aegis sets on toons not being used any more that i could move to the lesser equipped toons o got especially as i cant craft it anymore with the sill R&D revamp.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    is only account bound until its used

its called bound_on_equip and no such info was written on the aegis set at all.

account bound stuff are forever account bound, since thats what account bound stuff stands for
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Homer moment DOH!!!

I meant to say not account bound until its used and then i meant as i said in the 2nd part its then Character bound, always has been for as long as i can recall

Never been able to trade once you equipped it.

Thats what i get for attempting to multitask though :(
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    than again:

WHEN SOMETHING IS ACCOUNT BOUND, ITS ACCOUNT BOUND

NO OTHER VARIATIONS POSSIBLE IF ONE USE EM ON ANOTHER ALT OR WHATS SO EVAH IT STAYS ACCOUNT BOUND LIKE HELL
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Damn dude your quite angry you aren't you

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdhwdb8ubxeybqi/aegis.png?dl=0

Quite clearly shows a tool tip stating Character Bind on Equip check out on link above if you so wish, if you don't like the answer people give on a forum don't ask a question its that simple
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    than again:

there are two version of aegis set:

old one with 8 (infinite) mark which idd bound_onn_equip
    &
    new one which is starts from mk12 tho share the exact same stat like the "old" one except this one is account_bound

dunno what you linked but mine's tooltip wrote account_bound before i equipped, than changed to character_bound for no logical reason except it is a bug
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Again its the same set to make the Aegis Mk XII you only have to look at it in the upgrade options of R&D if you have to old set you right click it choose upgrade and then it becomes Mk XII this is the same with most Unique items in game like the Spiral Waves, CUtting Beam and some consoles unless its the old borg set from prior to taking them from mission reward and making them omega rep, they then become Mk XI instead.

Aegis old set
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbdvvvgk6625iyn/Aegis%20old.png?dl=0

Aegis Mk XII
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8gv9pchebdw71m/Aegis%20New.png?dl=0

As you can see the stats on both are identical and both sets are Character bind on equip
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    nitefiuu wrote: »
    mine's tooltip wrote account_bound

care to explain me than how i was able to unequip mine from character_1, putting it in account bank, than equipping it on character_2 ?

i see there are no account bound versions on exchange now -maybe i missed a rather important change_note on this matter- but still it doesnt change the fact that mine stated account_bound all time except when i unequipped it from character_2
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    nitefiuu wrote: »
    care to explain me than how i was able to unequip mine from character_1, putting it in account bank, than equipping it on character_2 ?

i see there are no account bound versions on exchange now -maybe i missed a rather important change_note on this matter- but still it doesnt change the fact that mine stated account_bound all time except when i unequipped it from character_2

When the New Version of the Aegis Set came out, All old versions were automatically changed into the new Version, so that discussion can end.

Second, These item are "Character Bind on Equip." It says so on the Tooltip for both the "Very Rare Purple" and Fleet Grade "Ultra Rare" Versions of all of these items.

If you pull them up in the R&D System or the Exchange it says that on the Tooltip.

So if you Unequipped them from one Characters ship and move them to your account bank, then congrats because you should not have been able too, so move them back to the original character. as you will most likely need another set for character Number 2.

Also, coming in here with all the Rage and Yelling here will not help you. It's just going to anger the others and then they are not going to want to help. Most of the people in this thread have tried to help and give you meaningful and correct info.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    primar13 wrote: »
    If you pull them up in the R&D System or the Exchange it says that on the Tooltip.
    for now at least, but when the new aegis were introduced with mk_numbers it was account_bound and the whole reason i bought it for this very reason ( and that was the main goal of crafting aegis again with the new craft system. everyone was happy with that )

and my problem is when i moved the item 2 days ago it still prompted as account_bound, and account_bound items doesnt change to bound_on_equip because it wouldn make sens.

and sadly even an opportunity of setting it to bound_on_equip as/for a single time compensation wouldnt be suffice since the whole reason i spent 50M ec on the new set to use it on different alts i made or going to make in the future

im not crying over 50M ec but i dont like throwing out mils just because item_specs changes without any kind of notification specially in such magnitude