test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

quality control??

norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
Ok, its a big game and bugs are gonna happen, but lately its been ROUGH.

Made a new char to try out the new race. Made it female, and it has, erm, female physical characteristics but the game insists that it is male. Also, the salvage trait is labeled ground but text claims it is space trait. That is on top of other bugs; my fleet shield upgraded to XIV has the same cap as it did at XII. It increased slightly when it turned gold, but only just a tiny amount. I may as well not have touched it.

The gender of a character has been working for a while now. Its probably not even a code bug but a lookup table or database entry fail. But that is my point, really... there seems to be some serious inattention or rush-to-deliver fails lately, as if no one is checking the code past running it thru the compiler for syntax. We just got a new expansion to level up our old toons, we did not need a rushed out new race. I would rather have the race once it has been completed than rushed out and messed up.

Basically, while I understand there will be bugs, try a little harder to release working content. Take an extra week to test it. I mean, if you had just CREATED ONE CHARACTER of each gender for the new race to test the content it would have IMMEDIATELY been apparent. If you had just opened the trait panel, it would have been clear the new trait was bugged as well. 5 min to test that and see the obvious errors, and probably 5 -15 min to fix it and retest.