test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My thoughts on talaxians and the new lifetime perk

westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
I know everyone seems to hate or dislike talaxians in general or at least neelix and many feel as if them being added for lifers is something of a joke and while I share a dislike off neelix I feel inspired to make a talaxian toon tomorrow. Why you might ask?

Because it gives me a chance to take a something that seems ridiculous and inspire terror with it. I will make fleets run at the mention of my talaxians name! I find this to be a great chance to have some fun with a new toomn even though I decided against making another alt.

Also on another note I love that they were added as a playable species.
Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i like em because everyone else hates em. and i plan on doing a talaxian later on as well for the feds, get rid of that new vulcan i setup.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't dislike or hate them but I don't really "like" them either, just "meh". Maybe I'll add one to my list if they have some useful trait or ability.

Also, is it just me or does anybody else think that talaxians kinda don't fit in between the nasicaans, letheans, gorn and klingons? I'm not saying that the KDF shouldn't get more species, on the contrary. It's just that the takaxians seem kinda odd amongst the rest of the KDF.
  • thecoffinflythecoffinfly Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    New lifetime perk?
    What did I miss?
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    New Subscriber Bonuses:

Lifetime Subscription

Talaxian Playable Species
    Talaxians are now available as a new playable species for Federation and Klingon factions.
    Talaxians are available for players with lifetime accounts.
    This is retroactive to anyone that has purchased a lifetime subscription

Additional 800 Day Veteran reward

One Ship Upgrade Token per Account
    The Upgrade Token rewardpack will be mailed in game to the first character that logs in on the account.
    That character will receive a rewadpack which can be traded to any character on the same account.
    Once the Upgrade Token is unpacked, it will be bound to that character and cannot be traded.
    This will also unlock for Lifetime subscribers.
    This is retroactive to all 800 day veterans and lifetime subscribers.

The ship upgrade token is most welcome! :)

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    I know everyone seems to hate or dislike talaxians in general or at least neelix and many feel as if them being added for lifers is something of a joke and while I share a dislike off neelix I feel inspired to make a talaxian toon tomorrow. Why you might ask?

Because it gives me a chance to take a something that seems ridiculous and inspire terror with it. I will make fleets run at the mention of my talaxians name! I find this to be a great chance to have some fun with a new toomn even though I decided against making another alt.

Does this mean everything that has transpired has done so, according to a recipe of your own design?

Well I'll be sure to keep out of the way of the USS Iron Chef... the only ship in the fleet with a Battle Kitchen.

Just be careful with [Trait: Cooking]... it comes with a high chance of poisoning your enemy turning them into homicidal maniacs and starting a quadrant-wide war.

Okay, I'm done :cool:
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ok so because Talaxians were anoying in voyager to some people they must all be a horrid race?
    The Talaxian race engaged in a war with the Haakonian Order in the 2340s and 2350s. As a result of the war, many Talaxians emigrated to different regions of the Delta Quadrant. At least one group of emigrants had reached as far as the Delta/Beta Quadrant boundary. The war ended in 2356 with the deployment of the metreon cascade on the Talaxian moon of Rinax. Seeing the devastation caused by the cascade, the Talaxian government surrendered unconditionally

so why use this to redeem the Talaxians, many could be hardened from years of occupation just like the bajorians, just because some Talaxians fled their home and became flying clowns doesnt mean all are.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i like em because everyone else hates em. and i plan on doing a talaxian later on as well for the feds, get rid of that new vulcan i setup.

I hope you don't feel that way in more important aspects of life :P
  • theirresponsibletheirresponsible Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For me it will all depend on the traits they give the Talaxians. If they are good and we do not have to wait possibly years (Nausican Pirates) for them to work they could be interesting.

If they get a functional 'Salvage' Trait that stacks with the Talaxian Boff's Salvage trait, I could see myself rolling one. Grab 3-4 Nausicans a bop and head off to farm crafting mats, until the traits get the Orion Slaver Contraband treatment.

If you do not understand what I mean by the 'Orion Slaver Contrband treatment'. It refers to the days when the Launchable pet 'Orion Slavers' with a special ability to steal EC or any commodity when they are attacking. Contraband is on there list of things they could steal. At one point you could get 10-15+ contraband from a single mission. Dev team said it was a little excessive and they were going to adjust the drop rate. Over the next 18 months the drop rate started to feel less than getting the grand prise in the lockboxes.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wish we could combine the two exclusive races. A liberated Borg Thalaxian would definetly be a very good reason to start up a new character ;)
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    szim wrote: »
    I wish we could combine the two exclusive races. A liberated Borg Thalaxian would definetly be a very good reason to start up a new character ;)

Too true. LOL
  • solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I was looking forward to making a Talaxian toon! I now have the ugliest pole dancer/starship captain in the Galaxy! :P
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014

+1 ... It's hard to take this game seriously these days ... so I can't wait playing with my new Talaxian Toon & his Pakled / Ferengi Crew piloting a Kazon Raider ... since replaying the "good old times", is the only fun thing left in this game, imho
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • sirtexassirsirtexassir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    szim wrote: »

Or do a race respec coin or something. I have like 9 chars (each class for each of the factions). Most are all around 50+. I really don't want to grind up a 10th char just to have an econ type char out of every thing else I have.:mad:
  • perfectshipsperfectships Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Back when the game used to be fun, and at least a little bit of an RPG, I bought a ton of char slots for all the interesting and varied chars I was going to create, over all factions.

Ah well....

So at least I've got plenty spare now, and I'll be making a Fed Talaxian, with the most eye-bleedingly garish and obnoxious clothing that the poor tailor at ESD can muster. Maybe call him Jar Jar Beenix. Then I'll come up with ever-more fiendish ways to throw him off high objects, set him on fire and blow him up.

He'll feel like While E Coyote by the time I'm done with him.:D