test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Adjusted the minimum, maximum, and default zoom of the Galaxy Map.

mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
The thread title is an excerpt from tomorrow's patch notes (29th). Boy I sure do wish they would fix the zoom on vertical sector blocks like Sirius, Regulus, and the DQ blocks in the big map. The zoom states of the Galaxy map are nowhere near as intrusive as being unable to see an entire sector block, which has been broken since the introduction of the Tau Dewa block.

Joined January 2009
Finger wrote:
Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can actually zoom out further on Tribble now, though not quite all the way in vertical sector blocks. (I didn't notice much difference in the galaxy map itself. I wonder if the patch notes are in error.) The zoom in vertical sector blocks is acceptable to me now, though I think the new artwork is a bit garish. It doesn't fit the simple LCARS aesthetic in my opinion. I also wish they would fix the blur at the edges of the maps. Whoever thought that blurry maps was a good idea?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • generalklanggeneralklang Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wonder if they fixed map scrolling?

Since DR, half the time I click on the map to scroll and it doesn't budge..have to close and open it a time or two..sometimes opening another window, like the zen store helps

Its as if an invisible window is over it...although you can click locations normally

Wait...clicking the zen store corrects it...

WAI I guess?
  • bortensbortens Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yeah the map made this game unplayable.
    good thing cryptic has straight priorities.

seriously a more important fix than:

· client not running at all
    · random client crashes
    · tray resetting itself all the time
    · romulans/remans not being able to train boffs properly

none of those are even known issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]