test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Silent nods across SCIFI series

chuzordie5chuzordie5 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Ten Forward
ok.. so ST has access to the delta quadrant.. and we have the Kobali to help..

then it hit me.. Kobali would be people from Kobol
then

*mind racing on strong coffee and bacon fuel

It even reads in the description from the Kobali System popup

" The Kobali were wanderers, moving in large fleets from place to place, looking for the resources they needed, including the bodies they use to reproduce.

they ended up settling on an earthlike ( Menshara Class ) planet and formed a home for themselves.. like they showed at the end of the 70s BSG movies and in the new BSG series

thats SOOO 70s BSG..

Kobol was the race / home of the gods in BSG

APU ships are almost deathstars from the original BSG.. minus the upper and lower flight deck saucers.. and the cylon raiders..

Vaadwaur are there to distract you from this tiny bit of nod from the devs .. intentional or not to BSG and how it kept science fiction alive in the hearts and minds of people early on in TV..

from there we have Buck Rogers of whom i can see the idealism in the Benthans

what other Classics can you infer from Delta Rising?

I'm gona go get more coffee and see if there is any more Bacon
Post edited by chuzordie5 on

Comments

• Options
    mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "I would like to know more."
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Vaudwaar remind me of the Borellian Nomen. The APU ships do somewhat look like Cylon basestars but the units themselves are reminiscent of the Lucifer Cylon models. And then you have the bugs... Ovions.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The APU ships remind me of Goa'uld Ha'tak ships fron SG, and I would say that there is a resemblance to the Lucifer Cylon and also the S.T.A.R. robots from The Black Hole.

But saying all this I think it is because there are only a certain amount of ways to design a ship or robot that we will recognise as a ship or robot till we say that isn't. There is a psychological term for it but I can't remember what it is, so saying it is a nod in the direction of other shows may or may not be true, but more likely a coincidence.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Hierarchy sure look Sontaran. That's why I named my BOFF Strax and made him a combat medic.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    chuzordie5 wrote: »
    Kobol was the race / home of the gods in BSG
    So Kobali-->Kobol-->Kolob.
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    quintaris wrote: »
    The Hierarchy sure look Sontaran. That's why I named my BOFF Strax and made him a combat medic.

lol, so did i...hehehe
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    quintaris wrote: »

Same, except I named mine Lynx.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!