test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tech Point Accelerators Cut Crit Chance in Half

mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Is this working as intended?

When [Major Technology Boost (2x technology points)] are applied during an upgrade they give 2x tech points by design. Thus, you only need to use half as many tech upgrades before you fill the TP bar.

However, because you only use half the normal number of tech upgrades this also means that the research bar to crit a quality improvement only gets half of the number of points that it ordinarily would get. (E.G. normally when you upgrade a Very Rare item's mark level there is a 5% chance that it will become Ultra Rare, however if you're using technology boost accelerators you will only have a 2.5% chance for a quality increase instead of 5%.)

My guess is that this is an intentional trade-off (more TP for less quality/crit Research) but a confirmation that this is deliberate would be appreciated.

Joined January 2009
Finger wrote:
Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I too would like to know if this is intentional.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm fairly certain that it is but there's a general dearth of information about the mechanics of the upgrade system.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.