test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DOFF mission strings need to be updated...

rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Duty Officer System and R&D
The text strings associated with DOFF missions need updating.

First of all, I'm not saying change the missions -- though this would be nice as well. I'm simply saying JUST change the text. That should be easy. Find the database and do a search, type in new entry, save. Nothing else need change (at least not right now).

Change:

All of the prisoner rewarding missions, including the KDF ones. No longer are you raiding Starfleet Research Stations or Raiding Vulcan Transports, or whatever they're called. Change them to say you're raiding illegal Human settlements and Raid on Human smuggler transports or raid on slavers which then rewards prisonners which were ALREADY captured. Then it's a more hazy line between capturing them and.. well.. just keeping them to be traded as a commodity.

You see what I mean? We're NO LONGER at war with the Federation. These missions of outright, open hostility need to simply change the story. It doesn't have to be very complex. Simply state you're raiding KDF Rebelling Settlements and whatnot. You're "Searching Dissident Transports" and the like.

Then there's the materials. These REALLY need to be changed. They all still list the old materials, both in the title of the DOFF mission and in the text itself. Change this to reflect what it really rewards now. Instead of "Scan for biological samples" you "scan for hexaflourine gas" or the like.

I assume the missions have a fixed reward, a 1:1 translation from the old to the new. If instead they are random and simply tied to quality level, change the mission to say "Scan for basic gasses and elements" or "scan for uncommon...." and "scan for rare..." and "scan for very rare... " (oh... and... make that a DOFF mission option! VR mats!)

There are about a dozen or so and they all currently say the old mats. THIS should be the easiest possible fix. You know the old mats. You know the new ones. If it's 1:1 ratio simply "find and replace..." and "replace all..." If it's random simply "find and replace..." for each of the old mats and replace with generic new strings.

DOFFing used to be fun. It is becoming more and more buggy, less and less fun. The interface change alone is a massively killing my interest in DOFFing.

Let's fix a few of the most obvious issues with existing missions, as listed above. These 2 are, IMO, pretty high on the list.
Post edited by rodentmaster on

Comments

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Lol, hell will freeze over before they fix the doffing system. The whole crit/success mechanic is one thing they have said they know needs adjusting, but they never have the time to fix it, even if it would make their new automated doff picking system work a LOT better.
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes, well... until such an endothermic reaction occurs, let us at least fix the text descriptors of what we have. A reasonable request with a minimum of effort required, right?