test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tier 1 through 4 ships no longer sold

stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
I do not know if this is a BUG or a stealth nerf, but once you reach rank 50, you are no longer able to purchase Tier 1 through 4 ships with Dilithium.

Just logged on with my rank 50 character to purchase a Miranda Tier 1 starship for RP purposes, and to my surprise, ESD no longer offers me the ship. Anyone having this issue?
StarTrekIronMan.jpg
Post edited by stark2k on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Why did Cryptic nerf this?
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    is your plan to keep bumping your own thread every 10 minutes until d'angelo logs in and tells you? if so you're in for great disappointment. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    is your plan to keep bumping your own thread every 10 minutes until d'angelo logs in and tells you? if so you're in for great disappointment. :)

No, I have no need to bump anything nor am I a noob. I am asking if anyone know if there was some type of stealth nerf I should know about. If it doesn't get answered, oh well, just have to submit a ticket.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I can still see it and purchase it.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How would preventing a Level 50 from buying a Miranda be considered a Nerf?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I can still see it and purchase it.

Thank you for your answer - very constructive and useful, now I know I have to report this to the game bug segment of the forums.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    How would preventing a Level 50 from buying a Miranda be considered a Nerf?

Because I cannot purchase a Tier I vessel, it is not offered for sale at the shipyard. However; it is apparent this is a gamebug since others that are rank 50 can see it for purchase with dilithium.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    borisvodikaborisvodika Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    stark2k wrote: »
    Because I cannot purchase a Tier I vessel, it is not offered for sale at the shipyard. However; it is apparent this is a gamebug since others that are rank 50 can see it for purchase with dilithium.

His question still remains. How is it a nerf? you dont know what nerf means do you?
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    - not a nerf, or a bug.

- some ships have been removed from the store, although most are still there.

- T1's are still available.
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Make sure the drop-down box on the right says 'Lieutenant' and be sure the 'Cruisers' checkbox is checked

If the are, change them to something else then change them back.

If all else fails, try buying it at Deep Space Station K-7
  • Options
    generalklanggeneralklang Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If there are in fact *any* ships missing, and it was not in the patch notes, then it is in fact a bug and should be reported.

I noted that all of the "account bind on equip" aegis gear in the exchange now reads "character bind in equip" earlier. As this couldn't happen outside of a bug, I imagine its been reported repeatedly. Old code snuck back in post crash or during the last update.

The only other possible explanation is that somehow that many sets of *old* aegis gear were muled, and simultaneously *all* of the "account bind on equip" (new) aegis sold.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If it's a "stealth" nerf, then by definition no one but the devs is certain it exists. What's the point of bumping your own thread over and over in order to attempt to elicit any answer other than "no one really knows"?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    His question still remains. How is it a nerf? you dont know what nerf means do you?

Do you?

Of course I do, it is an apparent bug and not a "possible" stealth nerf in regards to ship purchases. The question remains, why am I unable to purchase a Tier l vessel?
    jonsills wrote: »
    If it's a "stealth" nerf, then by definition no one but the devs is certain it exists. What's the point of bumping your own thread over and over in order to attempt to elicit any answer other than "no one really knows"?

A) NOT, bumping my own thread, nor did I intend to bump it - I just quickly posted a 2nd response, instead of editing the original.

B) In regards to your remarks about the stealth nerf, it has happened in the past, like the one with the EC farming foundry missions. Cryptic may not want players to pick up tier l vessels for end game use etc... who knows? However; since I cannot make a Tier l vessel purchase, then it is an obvious bug.

Since we're on the same topic; Anyone here is experiencing the same issue? In regards to not being able to make a Tier l vessel purchase at rank 50. I am just curious.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    rimmarie wrote: »
    Make sure the drop-down box on the right says 'Lieutenant' and be sure the 'Cruisers' checkbox is checked

If the are, change them to something else then change them back.

If all else fails, try buying it at Deep Space Station K-7

Try all that, even tried purchasing them at the different starbases that do offer ships. unfortunately; Nada.

I finally made a BUG report on the bug segment of this forum with screen shots.

Here is the link to the forum page --->

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1235761

As you can see by the screen shot, the Miranda should appear in front of the Connie, but it isn't there.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am pretty sure you could never buy the Miranda.
    You got it as the starter ship and that's it.
    Only T1 ships you can purchase are Constitution, NX and Oberth, because those are zen ships.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    timelord79 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure you could never buy the Miranda.
    You got it as the starter ship and that's it.
    Only T1 ships you can purchase are Constitution, NX and Oberth, because those are zen ships.

I found out what happened. Since my account is a Lifer account and I have bought all the CStore ships, I had no need of the ones that are given for free by Admiral Quinn on promotions.

Basically I have to use up my "FREE" Rank promotion ship tokens in order for it to reveal purchasable vessels. In essence I have to use them up first before going back and buy lower rank ships with Dilithium.

I just used a LTCMDR free token which I never used, to obtain the Constitution class. I then dismissed it, and then went back to see if the Miranda would reappear - It did.

You can buy ships with Dilithium, from Lt to VA - Just make sure if you start a new character, to use up all your free ship tokens as you progress. Possible common pitfall for players that own CStore ships, especially ones that bought the lower tier variants.

So in the end it was neither a stealth nerf nor a bug, but common user error - though technically it may lean more towards a bug, but oh well.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg